5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm brand new here and behind on reading the old posts, like many of you, I'm waiting on my 2022 Laramie crew cab. I ordered in June and have only received a VIN and that I'm in D status. Is there any other way to track the order besides hitting up the dealer? I havent gotten any direct communication from RAM.

1C6SRFJT6NN112782.

Thanks.

put VIN at end of address. but nothing will show until ram builds it

Brodie350

Reaction score
Ordered 6/21? That's where your VIN falls anyways.

The only way of knowing your pre-build status is either your dealer, or using the live chat feature on the Ram Trucks website (aka Ram Chat). But their answers are cryptic and often straight-up false.
That's it. Thanks for the quick response!

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Just to make sure everyone knows, and I've said this before, take everything I'm showing you with a grain of salt. I have a lot of TRX data (from the TRX forum), so the quantity of TRX's in D1 is skewed by the data set.
And as an aside, I see a lot of "confirmation bias" on this forum. It's a fancy way of saying "wishful thinking". Try to let the data do the talking, while you (and I) do the learning.
You ask, "tell me what you see" and then call it confirmation bias when we do? Now, I completely agree that the numbers you have are only as good as the people who gave them to you, as those are the only people who decided to sign up to some forum to talk about the process, etc. but we gotta talk about something! And if you're going to collect data (however small or imperfect the pool it's pulled from may be), then by gully we're gonna make wild, sometimes/usually uneducated guesses as to what it means :) Don't rain on our speculation parade! We NEED this! :)

Fliphappy

Reaction score
On another note, I just used the build sheet site with a VIN I pulled from a local dealer truck, and oh my gosh, that thing is detailed! I guess I should have assumed that by the name of it, but I was impressed with out each detail of the truck is broken out and listed. 10 pages! Even more excited to see my own now! you know, if it ever materializes.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You ask, "tell me what you see" and then call it confirmation bias when we do? Now, I completely agree that the numbers you have are only as good as the people who gave them to you, as those are the only people who decided to sign up to some forum to talk about the process, etc. but we gotta talk about something! And if you're going to collect data (however small or imperfect the pool it's pulled from may be), then by gully we're gonna make wild, sometimes/usually uneducated guesses as to what it means :) Don't rain on our speculation parade! We NEED this! :)
Lol, I hear you. I wasn’t directing that comment at anyone in particular. But I see a lot of comments like, “I have a highly optioned truck, so I think highly optioned trucks will be built first.” And, “I have a no-frills truck, and since there’s a chip shortage then the no-frills trucks will be built first.” I’m just telling everyone - including the anonymous readers - to let the data speak for itself. Once we see some real trends, then we can start our sooth-saying.

SunnyS

Reaction score
I have ordered 8 new cars and trucks off of my local Dodge dealer over the last ten years and everyone I ordered went into D1 at different times. When these cars and trucks went into D1 it really did not mean it was going to be built in a timely manner. The fastest build was my wife's 17 Scat Pack Charger car was in the driveway exactly 30 days from the day it was ordered and went to D1 in two days. My 19 Hellcat went into D1 in a week but three months later the car showed up.The 14 and 17 Ram trucks were right around 8 weeks but both went into D1 the first week of the order.. It really is baffling the D1 and how it plays into the build. Anyway I am just on the same train here for this Rebel order and still in the Famous D statues like the majority of us.

atscfy

Reaction score
Hey all, I know there's been a lot of talk on the TTPMS, and other options being changed, but I have a different one. I have the granite crystal tu-tone night edition Rebel ordered (same as Eighty, with different options) but the new pamphlet and photos from stelantis show a Rebel Black instead of night edition. I know the feature sheet shows 17 inch wheels which I assume/hope is a typo but it also says black exterior paint, but I ordered granite metalic. the only reason I got the night edition is because the dealer said it was the only way not to get red interior. I would rather upgrade to Rebel12 then get an all black truck (in order to keep the black interior). when I asked my dealer about this he said I got a vin so my order was good.
Just wondering if anyone knows how these changes, if made, will be decided? Will they reach out to find out what I would want or just produce a truck that they hope I will like. I know no-one really knows anything til it happens but hoping to get an idea. Thanks

2022 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, Granite Crystal 2-tone, Night Edition (Rebel Black?) Rebel Level 2, Dual-Pane Pano Sunroof, Alpine Sound, Leather Seats-Black, BS & CPD, Comfort/Conv Grp, 3.92 Rear Axle, ESOD, Ram Box, BUG, Bed Liner, Tri-fold Tonneau, 33 Gal Tank.
Ordered 8/17/21 - D Status

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I know there's been a lot of talk on the TTPMS, and other options being changed, but I have a different one. I have the granite crystal tu-tone night edition Rebel ordered (same as Eighty, with different options) but the new pamphlet and photos from stelantis show a Rebel Black instead of night edition. I know the feature sheet shows 17 inch wheels which I assume/hope is a typo but it also says black exterior paint, but I ordered granite metalic. the only reason I got the night edition is because the dealer said it was the only way not to get red interior. I would rather upgrade to Rebel12 then get an all black truck (in order to keep the black interior). when I asked my dealer about this he said I got a vin so my order was good.
Just wondering if anyone knows how these changes, if made, will be decided? Will they reach out to find out what I would want or just produce a truck that they hope I will like. I know no-one really knows anything til it happens but hoping to get an idea. Thanks

2022 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, Granite Crystal 2-tone, Night Edition (Rebel Black?) Rebel Level 2, Dual-Pane Pano Sunroof, Alpine Sound, Leather Seats-Black, BS & CPD, Comfort/Conv Grp, 3.92 Rear Axle, ESOD, Ram Box, BUG, Bed Liner, Tri-fold Tonneau, 33 Gal Tank.
Ordered 8/17/21 - D Status
You know, I just can’t get over how bad this transition has been, from 2021 to 2022. It’s a flaming disaster. I have the same questions as you - the press release leaves so many questions. It’s one thing to “simplify” ordering options. And it’s another thing to cut out options due to parts shortages.
But the garbage that’s in this press release is a whole new level. The 17” wheel is comical…either that, or they’re downgrading the Rebels to a new cheaper set of brake calipers. And why mess with the blacked-out packaging? Is this just to confuse people? They’re taking tons of orders, but it appears that no one knows what the rules are. Not dealers, not customers, not the reps, and not even Stellantis.
I don’t use this term often, but it really is a cluster****.

brenan00

Reaction score
On another note, I just used the build sheet site with a VIN I pulled from a local dealer truck, and oh my gosh, that thing is detailed! I guess I should have assumed that by the name of it, but I was impressed with out each detail of the truck is broken out and listed. 10 pages! Even more excited to see my own now! you know, if it ever materializes.
Every part but bolts

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

skyshade

Reaction score
The "Advanced Safety Group" package is not available. However, the features from the "Advanced Safety Group" package are still part of the Limited Level 1 package. If you want those features, you can switch to a Limited trim and get the Level 1 package. The Limited Level 1 package also includes the features that used to be part of the Technology Group.
This is true, confirmed with other dealer, Limited still had this feature, I'm dropping the Rebel to get the Limited because of this.

BladeK

Reaction score
I know this has been a clusterf-ck for awhile but at least our trucks are not sitting in a yard or field like Chevrolet and Ford for the past 5 months waiting on chips. It be will be nice to know when I finally lay hands on it the sun,the weather and everything else hasn't been on it or in it.

Reaction score
I keep seeing references to fords sitting in fields on this thread. anyone have a good article or forum thread breaking all that down so I can follow along with all the drama?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/