5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
That's a good question, haha. I've hit up RAM Chat about the extent of what the PPF covers and they don't know. From what I've been able to gather on the internet is that it covers the front grill, hood, and possibly the front fenders. It's seems like the only one on here who ordered my truck with the PPF...
I would have but it appears to only be available with the body color bumper option.

Randboye

Reaction score
That's a good question, haha. I've hit up RAM Chat about the extent of what the PPF covers and they don't know. From what I've been able to gather on the internet is that it covers the front grill, hood, and possibly the front fenders. It's seems like the only one on here who ordered my truck with the PPF...
When ordering mine dealer ask if I wanted it. I hesitated he said you can get it here later. I have looked into PPF and will probably have mine done using aftermarket Apex PPF

Dread

Reaction score
I checked with Sandi at MD before ordering the Rebel specifically about the ventilated seats, and she said they were included in the G/T package. I hope that’s accurate because the 4 summers of TX are hot.
I specifically switched from the Rebel to the Laramie because I couldn't order a Rebel with ventilated seats. I would be very disappointed if this turned out to be an option in the US now 😕. The Canadian site also shows a lot of other differences though between what you can order there and in the US so who knows 🤷‍♂️. I'd love to get a V8 standard in the Laramie (as the Canadian site shows) but I'm not getting my hopes up.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know, the longer I'm in this thread, and more builds I see in people's sigs, the more I wonder if I shot myself in the foot by not ordering Level 1.

I didn't want it, but it seems like most everyone else does, so I'm worried that I might have taken a chunk out of my potential trade-in value down the line because a Limited without Level 1 will be harder for the dealer to sell…

monkeypunch

Reaction score
You know, the longer I'm in this thread, and more builds I see in people's sigs, the more I wonder if I shot myself in the foot by not ordering Level 1.

I didn't want it, but it seems like most everyone else does, so I'm worried that I might have taken a chunk out of my potential trade-in value down the line because a Limited without Level 1 will be harder for the dealer to sell…
I kinda feel the same way. It's just hard to justify the $3k+ price tag on stuff which I don't want. If the HUD was included at the time I ordered, it's possible I would have order the package.

Alex K

Reaction score
So assuming this is a typo, but in building my 22 Rebel GT on the Canadian site and it lists front ventilated seats? Could this be true? Ventilated seats on a Rebel?
View attachment 104517
That is the entire reason I ordered the GT. I told my dealer I didn't want a rebel if it didn't come with vented seats. He called Ram and they told him it was only available if I chose the GT package. That was the first time I had heard of it. That's was may 19th. I will not buy the truck if it doesn't come with vented seats.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
It would be a column of numbers alongside the MSRP numbers (on the right). Not all POC’s will show it - only if your dealer decides to print you a version that shows it.
Thanks Eighty. I have a column on the right which itemizes the items in the build, like msrp, marked "FWP(USD). Then at the bottom, there is a column, center of page, marked HB, FFP, EP.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I kinda feel the same way. It's just hard to justify the $3k+ price tag on stuff which I don't want. If the HUD was included at the time I ordered, it's possible I would have order the package.
Well at least I'm not the ONLY one haha.

Didn't want the HUD either. The camera RVM is kinda cool, but not worth a grand to me. Only thing I really wanted from Level 1 was the speakers, which come with the night edition (which I wanted for the look anyway).

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score

I am not trying to kick a man while he's down, but you hit the nail on the head. You don't want to be the one left off a feature on a high spec vehicle. I most likely will be in the same boat myself by leaving the pano roof off of mine but I have ergonomic reasons for doing so. I sell farm equipment that costs over a 1/2 million dollars a piece now and I still have customers that will quibble over a $1000 option and it's like when you're spending that much money you want to have it equipped correctly for resale value.... You don't want to be "that guy"....

EDIT: I want to be clear I'm not trying to diminish each of your individual choices, financial situations, or preferences. TBO, I personally have NO BUSINESS buying a truck that lists for damn near 80 grand. But I spend a TON of time in my truck on almost a daily basis and when I ram the configurator for BH, Laramie, Longhorn, & Limited I felt that the Limited was the best value for ME. (With the additional benefit of being equipped with an incredible interior)

Another example: I personally don't understand the monotone and/or "murdered out" aesthetic and prefer some tasteful jewelry on my ride . (Chrome) I also understand I'm probably in the minority of that choice anymore. That's what's cool is we're able to buy and customize these amazing trucks to our personal taste!!

Everyone's situation is personal to them and if you're comfortable with the possibility resale may suffer, THAT'S OK!!

Last edited:

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I am not trying to kick a man while he's down, but you hit the nail on the head. You don't want to be the one left off a feature on a high spec vehicle. I most likely will be in the same boat myself by leaving the pano roof off of mine but I have ergonomic reasons for doing so. I sell farm equipment that costs over a 1/2 million dollars a piece now and I still have customers that will quibble over a $1000 option and it's like when you're spending that much money you want to have it equipped correctly for resale value.... You don't want to be "that guy"....
try being the guy that went 4x2 :) (me). I don’t regret going that route - I’m in Southern California and this is purely a freeway daily driver that’ll never tow or see dirt - so while I may have night edition and LL1, I stil feel left out not seeing “4x4” in my sig. even though I know intellectually that I made the right choice for me.

Matrixband

Reaction score
Are they changing the interior trim of the Longhorns (or limited for that matter?) for 2022? I mean, they tend to tweak this leather, that stitching, year to year. I see 2021's 1500s with the center console with a lizard type imprint that earlier models did not have :( Then I have seen a Ram 2500 with the same black saddle brown interior, but it had a smooth leather console. :)

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
try being the guy that went 4x2 :) (me). I don’t regret going that route - I’m in Southern California and this is purely a freeway daily driver that’ll never tow or see dirt - so while I may have night edition and LL1, I stil feel left out not seeing “4x4” in my sig. even though I know intellectually that I made the right choice for me.
I mean, why factory order if you can just buy one off the lot that has all of the solid resale value stuff, right? Wanted this truck to feel like it was made for me…which it is 😁

It's just didn't seem worth the extra $3k for me (and at this point, starting my order over), for stuff I actively don't want to use. I know for next time now though. I will still have a vehicle with a much higher baseline trade-in value than anything I've had before. And I will either be upgrading in a short 3-ish years to a 2500 depending on how much towing I actually end up doing, or I'll be keeping this till it dies on me.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Hey if I didn't need 4x4 for winter and driving out into wet fields I'd do 4x2 also. Less maintenance, and BETTER MILEAGE. Consider me jealous of you in that regard!!!

Yoodie

Reaction score
And I forgot to mention another thing. I know for 100% fact that there are shenanigans going on with some dealers, as it pertains to the ordering system.
Yeah there was a big case last year or earlier this year (Jeep dealer I think) where the dealer was giving everyone Employee Pricing using employees names to enter the orders. IIRC it was to the multi-million dollar level. The fraud was discovered when an employee tried to purchase and found out he “already used” his employee pricing.

I imagine the scrutiny is much more significant now and they probably audit anything that looks out of order. A high quantity of sold orders at a dealer that doesn’t rate a big quantity of dealer stock is probably a flag.

Hopefully it is resolved quickly and nobody here gets hosed.

edit: Article https://www.autoblog.com/2021/05/03...vP2gRXsNvRh-bPSdx0z8kclbnOQePyJqQQcvWadzMg8vw

Last edited:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Are they changing the interior trim of the Longhorns (or limited for that matter?) for 2022? I mean, they tend to tweak this leather, that stitching, year to year. I see 2021's 1500s with the center console with a lizard type imprint that earlier models did not have :( Then I have seen a Ram 2500 with the same black saddle brown interior, but it had a smooth leather console. :)
When you say 🦎, are you referring to this? 2021-07-18 09.15.20.jpg 2021-07-18 09.18.30.jpg 2021-07-18 10.02.32.jpg

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So…I just heard an unconfirmed rumor (so take this with a grain of salt). Supposedly all of this D-to-C-back-to-D business was an audit by Stellantis of certain orders/dealers. Word is that some dealers have been placing “sold” orders under employees’ names. Those who have passed the audit were put back to D and/or moved to D1.
with dealers ability to print a window sticker and with all the programs out there that can modify what is printed I would not put this passed some dealers.
I thought I saw a post but can not find it where someone said all dealers inventor orders were cancelled and only sold orders were being processed.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
with dealers ability to print a window sticker and with all the programs out there that can modify what is printed I would not put this passed some dealers.
I thought I saw a post but can not find it where someone said all dealers inventor orders were cancelled and only sold orders were being processed.
There could be some truth to only sold orders being processed 1st....and/or them being the only one being built right now. That's the majority of how our orders are working for most of the lines of equipment I sell. It's even so bad that some our orders are based on a rolling 2 year average and if we don't have the headroom to order another unit even if it is a sold order we can't do it until one that's been on order comes in and gets settled off. It has been very stressful to say the least....

Red Cat

Reaction score
Yeah there was a big case last year or earlier this year (Jeep dealer I think) where the dealer was giving everyone Employee Pricing using employees names to enter the orders. IIRC it was to the multi-million dollar level. The fraud was discovered when an employee tried to purchase and found out he “already used” his employee pricing.

I imagine the scrutiny is much more significant now and they probably audit anything that looks out of order. A high quantity of sold orders at a dealer that doesn’t rate a big quantity of dealer stock is probably a flag.

Hopefully it is resolved quickly and nobody here gets hosed.

edit: Article https://www.autoblog.com/2021/05/03...vP2gRXsNvRh-bPSdx0z8kclbnOQePyJqQQcvWadzMg8vw

A dealer I bought a couple of cars from a few years back used to do a lot of dealer trades with Parkway, Scat Packs and such. They were moving lots of inventory, now we know why lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw something that said Ram was wiping out the balance of 2021 stock orders and just finishing sold orders. But I seriously doubt they would do that for any 2022’s until this time next year. I’ve found over 400 dealer listings for 2022 models…they wouldn’t keep those listings up unless the orders were confirmed.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I’m the same. I always justified having 4x4 when I lived in Virginia because it snows 1-2 per year. Even when it snowed, I rarely used because roads were plowed. I don’t off-road in my trucks, because I had a Jeep I built for that. I moved to central Texas and tried being sensible when I ordered.

Same with pano, hud, digital rear view. I had all those in my Sierra Denali. Only used digital rear view when showing friends. HUD was ok, but I still always checked speedometer even though I could see on windshield. Even the stuff from ASG that I did order was rarely used and thought about not ordering. I ended up doing so because I’m curious to try comma.ai and see if I can get real hands free driving on highway.

That said, if I could back in time, probably would have ordered with everything. My barebones Limited will be more than enough though.

Users who are viewing this thread