5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

RockJock

Reaction score
Speaking of that, the base price of my Limited increased by $620. It'll all get sorted out once the truck is built. I'm sure the original $2995 for the Level 1 will go up since it includes more now. I don't care as long as it has everything I ordered.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That does make sense, but you'd think that as soon as pricing was published, you'd get your POC, sign it (or be out the deposit) and then you'd be locked in.
It all depends on your agreement with the dealer. When I ordered on 5/20, there was no pricing yet. So my "deal" was based on 2021 pricing, with the stipulation that any increases would be absorbed by them (not me). So I couldn't care less what the final MSRP is now. I'm locked in.

On the other hand, if your deal is based on "whatever the Invoice/MSRP price is" minus $1000, then you've got to live with that setup. The dealer has to live with it too - his expectation was to make "X" off of that sale. No more, no less.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Well that sucks. I know MD told me that my price was the "most" it could be. But that was verbal. I ordered on 6/20 and I've had no interactions from them other than questions I've asked from them.
You didn’t have to sign any papers? I had to sign papers thru email scan and send back signed with 1k deposit

PCHokie

Reaction score
Again, not your lawyer, but the language in bold above would seem to indicate your order has not officially been accepted, so it's hard to see how they could withhold your deposit from you for an order that doesn't technically exist. If the order hasn't been accepted, there are no "remarketing expenses" for them to incur.
This is what I signed. I wasn’t worried about the required Chrysler Financing since I’m paying cash, but I didn’t notice the area in yellow until just now. While I wouldn’t let losing 1k impact what I decided to do, I wouldn’t be happy throwing it away either. I initially thought they’d honor the $58,007 regardless of what happens, that does not appear to be the case now.

Attachments

• 85DAD2DE-23D8-47EE-9BEC-78680297CC36.jpeg
    85DAD2DE-23D8-47EE-9BEC-78680297CC36.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 79
  • C2814FDA-B144-4200-B0A1-B2178579F089.jpeg
    C2814FDA-B144-4200-B0A1-B2178579F089.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 81

DTol

Reaction score
It all depends on your agreement with the dealer. When I ordered on 5/20, there was no pricing yet. So my "deal" was based on 2021 pricing, with the stipulation that any increases would be absorbed by them (not me). So I couldn't care less what the final MSRP is now. I'm locked in.

On the other hand, if your deal is based on "whatever the Invoice/MSRP price is" minus $1000, then you've got to live with that setup. The dealer has to live with it too - his expectation was to make "X" off of that sale. No more, no less.
My deal was based on Invoice -1000. So I assume I will be paying based on what ever their final invoice is. Still haven't heard weather the dealership is going to assume any of the cost increases. Seriously doubt it. POC says the same language about tentative pricing as stated by others. Won't know the final until the invoice is issued.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think everyone misunderstands RamCares' mission. They're a social-media engagement team. They aren't factory experts or company executives. They just try to connect users to their dealers if/when there's an issue that looks like it might blow up into a PR nightmare. And occasionally, they will post up a survey that Stellantis has created. I'm sure they report their overall observations with the company, but they're certainly NOT a group of people that are going to "engage" with the torch-bearing villagers of this (or any) chat forum.

Well put. RamCares is a customer-support line for us to contact. They are a "first line" of defense for Stellantis or a "filter" if you will. They are not gods and don't have much "power" to do anything really. If and when appropriate they will escalate communications to the proper channels within the company and/or get the dealership management involved to resolve issues. They also as @Eighty mentioned handle the social-media and become "firemen" to control the exposure from that aspect. And definitely from many aspects but mainly legal reasons a lot of their responses available to give us are VERY, VERY pre-populated and watered-down by design.

We should not get upset with them or feel "in-the-dark" from their responses because it is NOT their fault. It's the MARKETING department mainly (and others in manufacturing and buyers, etc. along with a very dynamic situation of chip shortages and supplier constraints world-wide at the moment that might be giving us grief right now.

I would say some of the biggest "fault" right now would lie with the marketing department as we've seen some gross mis-information, obsolete information, and/or incomplete information come to us from various channels over the past few days. Some serious editing and proof-reading of the material being posted for the media channels, etc. needs to occur for sure. They also need to do a better job of keeping the dealers in the loop so that they may keep US in the loop.

Our dealer is SUPPOSED to be our first point of contact by design-that's why we're paying them to serve us. RAM builds the truck, sells it to the dealership, and the dealership re-sells that product to us as an end-user.
I know, but made me feel better to tag them. We have over 100 orders, we can make a PR nightmare. :D

thenachobro

Reaction score

I joined tread lightly so no matter what, at least I will get that 1% below invoice and then the always present military discount. Maybe, just maybe, there might be some other incentives but not getting my hopes up and I doubt crossing my fingers will work either!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I joined tread lightly so no matter what, at least I will get that 1% below invoice and then the always present military discount. Maybe, just maybe, there might be some other incentives but not getting my hopes up and I doubt crossing my fingers will work either!
Yup...thats my same senerio. No pricing was available for my back country, so whatever the MSRP will be, I'm only paying 1% below invoice.

Hoping for some rebates...sometime in october.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that an escalation in MSRP is accompanied by an escalation in Invoice price (probably not the same value, but close).

Yoodie

Reaction score
I just received a quote back from Katzkin on leather seat cover/replacements for anyone interested as I am to replace the cloth coming in the 10th Anniversary. $1695 for single-tone, or $1995 for two-tone and/or custom options which is what we'd have. Even if you only wanted a single color of leather they will have to perforate the centers for the cooling to function. It takes 2-3 weeks for the seats to be constructed, then 1-2 days for a local installer to perform the installation. These prices are pre-tax.

They claim the cut/contour design will match the OEM seats.

I'll be giving it very serious consideration myself even though it's expensive. I've attached the color swatch chart.

I looked at this with my Wrangler, I never got around to pulling the trigger but I found a company in Canada with Free shipping to US that sells the OEM skins at a decent price. You would still need to get an installer but I think it still comes out cheaper. Not sure if it would be frowned upon to post the name as they likely aren’t a sponsor. But they are from Canada and make seat skins.

I ended up sticking with my interior so I never quoted an install locally but it might be worth a look.

I am also surprised it is cloth in the limited and not a faux suede or something like that. You might also wait to confirm what actually comes in those 10th Anniversary’s but I understand what you are thinking.

P.S. Clusterfuck. Just wanted to see….

Randboye

Reaction score
@Randboye that is pride of ownership right there. I thought my 2004 Chevy Avalanche looked good and I still get compliments on it, but you have taken it to the next level! Your F150 looks brand new!
Thank you, to me they cost to much not to take care of them. I Dislike throwing my money away. Some have more than others

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but my local dealer told me that the 2022 Laramie is $6k more expensive than the 2021 I spec'd out on the website. I build a $64,195 MSRP on the 2021 model year and he said it's about $70,245.. I walked out.. Couldnt show me proof or anything

Does this sound right?? I need to place an order asap! It sold my 2019 bighorn last year when the market started to rise and was able to get out 18 months early, now I want a laramie and it's been a struggle.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I'm not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but HARD PASS. I don't trust anyone that tries to get me to replace an existing agreement with a new one with terms that are worse for me.
Well this seems to verify and confirm whats been said here and what my dealer said that sold orders are locked in even though they changed Quad Cab availability to lower trim models and removed them from Rebels and Laramie's. Thanks for the updated D1 status info.
That does make sense, but you'd think that as soon as pricing was published, you'd get your POC, sign it (or be out the deposit) and then you'd be locked in.
can you guys help me out here? I’ve reviewed so many postings and so many priced order sheets I’ve lost track of which figure on The price order confirmation from when we order our trucks is the dealers invoice price. Which code represents the dealers invoice price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online