5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
This is the price I was quoted today from Mark Dodge. I didn't know it all most of the Technology Group as well. Makes me feel a lot better not having ASG. Ordering my 22 Limited Night Edition tomorrow.
Did u notice in on the second page that you signed it said thy could change the price of the vehicle if the manufacturer up the price. That has me worried

DTol

Reaction score
Well I now have an estimated ship date of 9/17/2021. My build sheet is still the same however the MSRP went up $600. The sales rep said that the increase in cost is attributed to an increase in the base price of the limited. Not any of the options. My sales rep is checking to see if they will eat it or pass it along to me. Nice that she offered to check.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like I might be in who the hell knows status based on this: I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Sounds like I might be in who the hell knows status based on this: I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
That's called "D-ish" status.

DTol

Reaction score
You are in D status ie the waiting room while they get all the parts for your truck. Then D1 status which is the waiting room for we have all the parts on the shelf with your name on them and we are trying to decide which build cluster we will put you in. D1 with a ship date is we have decided which group of vins your vehicle will be built with and we expect to be able to ship your vehicle to the dealer on this date.

RockJock

Reaction score
BIG NEWS

Limited Level 1 does include the old Technology Group! I have confirmation. I'll post a picture when I get more time later this afternoon

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's called "D-ish" status.

You are in D status ie the waiting room while they get all the parts for your truck. Then D1 status which is the waiting room for we have all the parts on the shelf with your name on them and we are trying to decide which build cluster we will put you in. D1 with a ship date is we have decided which group of vins your vehicle will be built with and we expect to be able to ship your vehicle to the dealer on this date.
I'll take D status again. I was in D, went back to C, so going back to D is an improvement. I'll still reach out to my dealer today to tomorrow to get an official status. Would be nice if RAM was clear and transparent about the order/build process. You hear us @RamCares? We have over 100 pages here of "lost souls" looking for their truck.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
BIG NEWS

Limited Level 1 does include the old Technology Group! I have confirmation. I'll post a picture when I get more time later this afternoon
I love the enthusiasm, but this was confirmed by Ram a while ago. The only news would be if they've retroactively applied the change to SOLD customer orders placed prior to the change having been made in early August. If that is what you are confirming, then that IS big news.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You hear us @RamCares? We have over 100 pages here of "lost souls" looking for their truck.
I think everyone misunderstands RamCares' mission. They're a social-media engagement team. They aren't factory experts or company executives. They just try to connect users to their dealers if/when there's an issue that looks like it might blow up into a PR nightmare. And occasionally, they will post up a survey that Stellantis has created. I'm sure they report their overall observations with the company, but they're certainly NOT a group of people that are going to "engage" with the torch-bearing villagers of this (or any) chat forum.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I now have an estimated ship date of 9/17/2021. My build sheet is still the same however the MSRP went up $600. The sales rep said that the increase in cost is attributed to an increase in the base price of the limited. Not any of the options. My sales rep is checking to see if they will eat it or pass it along to me. Nice that she offered to check.
So they aways reserve the right to increase the MRSP, but it allows you to pass on the truck and get your deposit back if you so choose.

DTol

Reaction score
So they aways reserve the right to increase the MRSP, but it allows you to pass on the truck and get your deposit back if you so choose.
Yes, it seems like they want me to sign another purchase agreement for the new price. There was the 2022 in crease reflected on my 7/29 build sheet and now the $600 increase reflected on the new build sheet.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it is really nice you do this.

have any of these trucks on this chart been delivered?
Lol, no. Ram hasn't even started building any of them yet. Possibly we will see some builds starting next week, or the following week.

Randboye

Reaction score
Received a update from my dealer today at lease it's in
d status now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903-122838_Messages[611].jpg
    Screenshot_20210903-122838_Messages[611].jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 37

DTol

Reaction score
I must be one of the first of the May Vin group with an estimated ship date. If this holds up, that means there are 10 days between the plant reopening and my ship date. That means that in that time they will have to complete most if not all the 2021s and start on some 2022s and build and ship mine. Nice that they are building it based on the original order as ordered.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I think everyone misunderstands RamCares' mission. They're a social-media engagement team. They aren't factory experts or company executives. They just try to connect users to their dealers if/when there's an issue that looks like it might blow up into a PR nightmare. And occasionally, they will post up a survey that Stellantis has created. I'm sure they report their ovrerall observations with the company, but they're certainly NOT a group of people that are going to "engage" with the torch-bearing villagers of this (or any) chat forum.
Well put. RamCares is a customer-support line for us to contact. They are a "first line" of defense for Stellantis or a "filter" if you will. They are not gods and don't have much "power" to do anything really. If and when appropriate they will escalate communications to the proper channels within the company and/or get the dealership management involved to resolve issues. They also as @Eighty mentioned handle the social-media and become "firemen" to control the exposure from that aspect. And definitely from many aspects but mainly legal reasons a lot of their responses available to give us are VERY, VERY pre-populated and watered-down by design.

We should not get upset with them or feel "in-the-dark" from their responses because it is NOT their fault. It's the MARKETING department mainly (and others in manufacturing and buyers, etc. along with a very dynamic situation of chip shortages and supplier constraints world-wide at the moment that might be giving us grief right now.

I would say some of the biggest "fault" right now would lie with the marketing department as we've seen some gross mis-information, obsolete information, and/or incomplete information come to us from various channels over the past few days. Some serious editing and proof-reading of the material being posted for the media channels, etc. needs to occur for sure. They also need to do a better job of keeping the dealers in the loop so that they may keep US in the loop.

Our dealer is SUPPOSED to be our first point of contact by design-that's why we're paying them to serve us. RAM builds the truck, sells it to the dealership, and the dealership re-sells that product to us as an end-user.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice that they are building it based on the original order as ordered.
This is not the case. While many of the reported D1's are in the early group, many are not. As of right now, I know of 15 May orders in D1, and 13 non-May orders in D1.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Did u notice in on the second page that you signed it said thy could change the price of the vehicle if the manufacturer up the price. That has me worried
I didn't until now haha...

"Note: This is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory."

I do not even see an out for me to get my deposit back. They could technically bump it to whatever they wanted to and if I choose to not purchase, I lose my deposit for "remarketing expenses".

I know my signed POC at time of ordering, base price was $930 (MSRP) lower than last POC dealer showed me... $58,030 then vs $58,960 now.

DTol

Reaction score
Well put. RamCares is a customer-support line for us to contact. They are a "first line" of defense for Stellantis or a "filter" if you will. They are not gods and don't have much "power" to do anything really. If and when appropriate they will escalate communications to the proper channels within the company and/or get the dealership management involved to resolve issues. They also as @Eighty mentioned handle the social-media and become "firemen" to control the exposure from that aspect. And definitely from many aspects but mainly legal reasons a lot of their responses available to give us are VERY, VERY pre-populated and watered-down by design.

We should not get upset with them or feel "in-the-dark" from their responses because it is NOT their fault. It's the MARKETING department mainly (and others in manufacturing and buyers, etc. along with a very dynamic situation of chip shortages and supplier constraints world-wide at the moment that might be giving us grief right now.

I would say some of the biggest "fault" right now would lie with the marketing department as we've seen some gross mis-information, obsolete information, and/or incomplete information come to us from various channels over the past few days. Some serious editing and proof-reading of the material being posted for the media channels, etc. needs to occur for sure. They also need to do a better job of keeping the dealers in the loop so that they may keep US in the loop.

Our dealer is SUPPOSED to be our first point of contact by design-that's why we're paying them to serve us. RAM builds the truck, sells it to the dealership, and the dealership re-sells that product to us as an end-user.
Correct. There are only about 3 things they can tell you about your order. That they are gathering parts for your order, they have the parts for your order, and they are about to build your order and the ship date is... They won't be getting into policy matters and will only have limited info about scheduling, shutdowns, parts availabilities, or, any other matters related to timing.

DTol

Reaction score
This is not the case. While many of the reported D1's are in the early group, many are not. As of right now, I know of 15 May orders in D1, and 13 non-May orders in D1.
I was talking about options and groups on my original build sheet relative to the new build sheet, not build scheduling. It seems, so far, that they are going to build it with the options and groups that I originally ordered. Also they haven't changed the price on any of the options or groups.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread