5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
So when I ordered mine and clicked the box for the Limited 10th PKG it still had the black interior picked and we could toggle between the two. Since the online doesn't have the 10th pkg we can't 100% confirm. But I would assume where you listed all the things included, it would be there if it was forced on. It would be odd to force that interior on that package since I can understand why some people don't want it. I went with that option because black in the the heat down here is not the best and the old lady liked it more.
It's a glitch if it didn't force it. Definitely all or naught.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
No, black is the same it's been since 2019. No change there.

Only 10th Anniversary Edition getting cloth inserts. The real rub is that it's being advertised as being even MORE premium than they have ever had before. One of the hallmarks of this new Ram interior was that it had more cow, more real metal, and real wood on the interior than any other factory truck in the world. I would estimate between the door panels and the amount of cloth on the front and rear seats that they have removed over 20% of the leather out of the interior. That is in no way shape or form "more premium" than before. And as others have pointed out it will be more difficult to maintain.
Oh okay, thank you for clearing that up for me. You’re right, that does sound like a weird step in the wrong direction. Suppose the use of fabric is a nod to the Limited of 10 years ago, that probably (I actually have no idea) didn’t use much leather?

RamCanuck

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm fairly new to this forum and was hoping to seek some information regarding the 2022 upcoming models.
I've placed an order for a Ram Sport (Night Edition) through a Canadian dealership and was told there will be no shortages due to the semiconductor chip delays. However, now I've been hearing through other dealerships that once they build a 2022 model from their ends, the dual sun-roof is not available to be chosen as an option and if you would like to select one, the wait extends by weeks if not months.

I have selected the dual sun-roof and when I asked my dealership if it's affected by any way at the plant, their answer was no, all should be included and good to go. I'm starting to doubt their way of handing this as I know I will be faced with something I'm not pleased with once the truck arrives. (Yes I've had terrible luck in the past).

Would anyone know or have inside info as to what options we may not see for 2022 models ; e.g. dual sun-roof? I also have my VIN # for anyone who think it may be useful.

My apologies in advance if this topic was covered elsewhere.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Well, 'ole Mo has struck again. For ****s and giggles, I decided to start my morning off with a fun Ram Chat in which I went by the name of "Cranjis McBasketball" (if you know, you know). Maurice confirmed that my VIN was associated with that name and proceeded to give me the standard, canned response regarding status updates. It'd be one thing if they simply stated "please provide your name, address, and email so we can enter you into our marketing system which will spam you constantly at some point in the future," but this idea that they need this information to "verify" our orders is a joke.

HozayM

Reaction score
No, black is the same it's been since 2019. No change there.

Only 10th Anniversary Edition getting cloth inserts. The real rub is that it's being advertised as being even MORE premium than they have ever had before. One of the hallmarks of this new Ram interior was that it had more cow, more real metal, and real wood on the interior than any other factory truck in the world. I would estimate between the door panels and the amount of cloth on the front and rear seats that they have removed over 20% of the leather out of the interior. That is in no way shape or form "more premium" than before. And as others have pointed out it will be more difficult to maintain.
@AMS_GURU not sure if you’d know or be able to answer, but you seem to know your stuff. Would you happen to know if it’s possible to order the Indigo/Frost for MY22 if we didn’t choose the 10th Ann? I’m gonna ask dealership the same but frankly, this group seems to have more info than those who should know

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@AMS_GURU not sure if you’d know or be able to answer, but you seem to know your stuff. Would you happen to know if it’s possible to order the Indigo/Frost for MY22 if we didn’t choose the 10th Ann? I’m gonna ask dealership the same but frankly, this group seems to have more info than those who should know
As far I've heard/seen, you can only get that interior with the 10th Anniversary package.

Randboye

Reaction score
Waiting 5 months every 27 years isn't too bad lol
27 years is a long time, I thought I had waited a long time between buying a new truck. My 2000 F150 will be 22 years old in 3 weeks. but still look like new with 223000 mi. I'm hoping this new ram will gives me as good a service.

Attachments

• 20210531_134205.jpg
    20210531_134205.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210531_134229.jpg
    20210531_134229.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 48

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
It's a glitch if it didn't force it. Definitely all or naught.
I understand all the promotional images so far show it with that and it is talked about, but I haven't personally seen anything saying that it is forced. If it was, I would think it would get called out in the 10th anniversary package description. I think its a bad move for them to not allow black for that package, it will lose some people.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
1st of all thank you for the compliment!! I am definitely not an expert but pretty well versed on on digging into options et cetera at least on what I own or am buying. That being said I do know for a fact that the previous Indigo/Frost interior is no more. It has been replaced by the new Indigo/Sea Salt. Neither the previous interior nor this one shows very well in any of the marketing photographs but I've seen both in person and I would differentiate it by saying that the previous Frost was kind of an off-white color whereas Sea Salt is definitely a light gray.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
27 years is a long time, I thought I had waited a long time between buying a new truck. My 2000 F150 will be 22 years old in 3 weeks. but still look like new with 223000 mi. I'm hoping this new ram will gives me as good a service.
That is probably the cleanest F150 I've seen of that body style in a LONG time. 🤞on new truck providing that longevity for you!!

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I asked my dealer rep yesterday for an update since someone else in my area who ordered after is already a D1 and this was his response. I don't know what is true anymore around production.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 80

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy Friday folks. Nothing to add but im happy that it's the end of the week, and soon production will restart and we can get some of these fancy 2022 trucks in our hands!!

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I understand all the promotional images so far show it with that and it is talked about, but I haven't personally seen anything saying that it is forced. If it was, I would think it would get called out in the 10th anniversary package description. I think its a bad move for them to not allow black for that package, it will lose some people.
This is actually why I didn't purchase a 10th Anniversary Limited Longhorn last fall. Marketing photos very clearly showed the Lim. Edition in Black/New Saddle which I've always been enamored with. When I went to place the order it would only allow the full brown interior with the Lim. Edition. My dealer got a hold of his rep and they discovered it was a mistake that pictures were posted that way. The next day they were removed off the Ramtrucks.com website. I was dismayed so I ended up buying a Limited off the lot that was a fresh delivery. Once I owned the Limited I've fallen in love with the "watch face" gauges with blue accent lighting. Now I can't go back. I also like the gunmetal chrome accents and the grille design better than the bars. Just my taste.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Oh okay, thank you for clearing that up for me. You’re right, that does sound like a weird step in the wrong direction. Suppose the use of fabric is a nod to the Limited of 10 years ago, that probably (I actually have no idea) didn’t use much leather?
Haven't seen one of the early Limited in person, but even if they did its a POOR choice. Even with COVID they could/should have had a focus group and I can't for the life of me believe anyone would have picked this combination over something else. Either the head designer was against leather (I'll do my best not to be political here) or it was a cost-cutting measure-PERIOD. That being said I still have purchased one that way because I like 98% of the rest of the truck. If it continues to bother me once I actually have it I'll do Katzkin or something to change it.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is actually why I didn't purchase a 10th Anniversary Limited Longhorn last fall. Marketing photos very clearly showed the Lim. Edition in Black/New Saddle which I've always been enamored with. When I went to place the order it would only allow the full brown interior with the Lim. Edition. My dealer got a hold of his rep and they discovered it was a mistake that pictures were posted that way. The next day they were removed off the Ramtrucks.com website. I was dismayed so I ended up buying a Limited off the lot that was a fresh delivery. Once I owned the Limited I've fallen in love with the "watch face" gauges with blue accent lighting. Now I can't go back. I also like the gunmetal chrome accents and the grille design better than the bars. Just my taste.
Front grill on the Limited is what attracted me to it initially. Looks so sleek and badass.

jaf2

Reaction score
Just got some crappy news from dealer saying my order has moved from D status back to C. Great will be waiting longer again.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Just got some crappy news from dealer saying my order has moved from D status back to C. Great will be waiting longer again.
There have been folks here in recent days moved from d, to c, up to D1 in a matter of 72 hours. So don’t worry so much about the codes at any given moment as they’re given to change without notice or reason (my humble opinion).

jaf2

Reaction score
I really like your opinion. Thanks for the input makes me feel a little better. My brother is also my sales person and interesting enough they have 4 trucks they ordered with vin numbers ranging from 107000 to 119000 with mine being 116000. and those trucks in D1 with delivery being mid october. Trim levels big horn to limited. So no rime or reason on trim for orders.

Users who are viewing this thread