5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
All good, I was happy for a second thinking I was getting one for free. I’ve used Retrax Retractable Tonneau covers on my last three trucks and planned to for this one but the damn MFT is preventing that because of the bracket in bed… If I had known that prior to ordering I would have ordered with Ram Box so I could get Tonneau cover I wanted.
I used extant solid cover on my gmc and liked it. Hope it works with mat.

HozayM

Reaction score
OK, I think we're maybe getting some wires crossed here. Let me clarify to the best of my knowledge. The Indigo/Sea Salt interior MUST be paired with the 10th Anniversary Package. They are separate codes (because one is a body color code and the other is a package) BUT they go together and one will force the other.

Said another way: If you want Indigo/Sea Salt interior you HAVE to also get the 10th Anniversary package. If you want the 10th Anniversary package you HAVE to go with Indigo/Sea Salt interior color. It's all or nothing.

This all being said, it's a PACKAGE with "exclusive" interior color ADDED to a Limited trim. It's not a trim level in and of itself.

• 10th Anniversary Package (AYG) (Listed under Options)
    • Multi-Function Tailgate (MWK)
    • Rotary Shifter-Jeweled (C1N)
    • 19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound (RCA)
    • Suede Headliner (CHG)
    • Mopar 4 Adjust. Cargo Tie Down Hooks (CL2)
    • Instrument Cluster Theme 8 (JY8)
    • Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp (LAN)
    • Ventilated Rear Seats (CAH)
    • Mopar Bed Step Deployable Ctr. Mount (MD1)
    • Mopar Bright Pedal Kit (XB4)
  • Indigo/Sea Salt (-CD) (Listed under Paint/Seat/Trim)
The previous Indigo/Frost interior colorway has been discontinued/superceded by the new Indigo/Sea Salt. The downside of it all is even though the 10th Anniversary Pkg. is being advertised as "Inside, the Ram 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition’s interior is another summit in the light-duty lineup that already boasts the pinnacle of luxury and refinement." The door panels and bolsters are CLOTH inserts instead of the 100% leather that existed previously. I'm a little chapped by this one myself....

View attachment 104396 View attachment 104397 View attachment 104398
This is honestly a deal breaker for me. Cloth seats are not an option when you have toddlers.
Are these pics from the Chicago auto show? I’m guessing these are suede, like the headliner?

ski107

Reaction score
Guys and gals,

I just found this guide on the Stellantis media website. It might bring some clarification for the moment of features/options until the B&P and brochure is available.
Interesting that this doesn’t show the southwest edition. Hope that doesn’t bang me since my build has it

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
This is honestly a deal breaker for me. Cloth seats are not an option when you have toddlers.
Are these pics from the Chicago auto show? I’m guessing these are suede, like the headliner?
Yes, I took them at the C.A.S. I went specifically to vet the 10th Anniversary. Nope, those are not suede inserts in the seats or on the door panels-it is cloth. All 4 door panel "backgrounds", and the bolster area in the bottom cushion as well as the seat back wrapping all the way to the top of seat back where the headrest is mounted. Front and rear seats.

I'm searching/researching having custom upholstery made to replace those areas with leather and make the entire seating surface darker grey/indigo so that I don't have an issue with jean dye transfer. My issue is I want them to look 100% "stock" as if they were factory only better. Exact same cut pattern, etc. Not sure if I'm going to be successful or not.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I took them at the C.A.S. I went specifically to vet the 10th Anniversary. Nope, those are not suede inserts in the seats or on the door panels-it is cloth. All 4 door panel "backgrounds", and the bolster area in the bottom cushion as well as the seat back wrapping all the way to the top of seat back where the headrest is mounted. Front and rear seats.

I'm searching/researching having custom upholstery made to replace those areas with leather and make the entire seating surface darker grey/indigo so that I don't have an issue with jean dye transfer. My issue is I want them to look 100% "stock" as if they were factory only better. Exact same cut pattern, etc. Not sure if I'm going to be successful or not.
Just buy Katzkin’s.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emailed my dealer this morning to check on my status, and he just replied that I am currently in D1 with an estimated ship date of the end of the month. Yay!
I ordered only 2 weeks after you, Limited Night Edition so this gives me some hope of delivery this year lol

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I ordered only 2 weeks after you, Limited Night Edition so this gives me some hope of delivery this year lol
As much as I would love to, I’m not getting my hopes up for an October delivery. Especially when there seems to still be a little confusion (at least I’m still confused) by what “shipped” means. I hear shipped and I think sent out from the factory to the dealer. Others here (others much smarter and more informed than I) suggest shipped means begin production. That definition doesn’t make sense to me, but again, this is my first time on this particular merry go round, so I’m just going with the flow.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I would love to, I’m not getting my hopes up for an October delivery. Especially when there seems to still be a little confusion (at least I’m still confused) by what “shipped” means. I hear shipped and I think sent out from the factory to the dealer. Others here (others much smarter and more informed than I) suggest shipped means begin production. That definition doesn’t make sense to me, but again, this is my first time on this particular merry go round, so I’m just going with the flow.
Mine too. I'm guessing it's usually a three ring circus, throw in the rona/shortages and we're up to at least nine rings.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emailed my dealer this morning to check on my status, and he just replied that I am currently in D1 with an estimated ship date of the end of the month. Yay!
Good for you! Congratulations! But I'm pissed at the same time (not really) BUT I ordered mine SIX weeks before you and I'm still in "D" and have no other info. I hope your dates hold.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good for you! Congratulations! But I'm pissed at the same time (not really) BUT I ordered mine SIX weeks before you and I'm still in "D" and have no other info. I hope your dates hold.
That screenshot from Ram chat posted above says it's based on "order date, options, and colors"

So basically whatever criteria they feel like at any given time lol

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
That screenshot from Ram chat posted above says it's based on "order date, options, and colors"

So basically whatever criteria they feel like at any given time lol
I would guess there are certain colors they try to run somewhat together but I could be wrong. I know with the paint robot technology they have today they can switch paint colors very quickly and efficiently but depending whether there are actually multiple "paint booths" or not might have some bearing on compatible colors before they have to manually clean/purge/change out the nozzles on the robots and hand-touch up paint guns. For instance they can probably easily switch from Granite Crystal back and forth to Billet Silver, but not necessarily Delmonico Red. Just an example.

Options would play into it as well based on what arrives and when from suppliers. I'm sure they're playing a LOT of "musical parts" right now.

Order date sequentially would be the most "fair" and I'm sure they try to adhere to that the best they can barring the above two caveats.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t really get the “estimated ship date” on POC. Mine is 9/10/2021 and we’re all pretty confident that ain’t happening. I think it was 80 who suspected that might be the actual estimated build date which would make more sense.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. Happy for you. Question tho...how are people getting into D1 status when ram production has shut down?

I'm going to guess that next week, alot of us in the may- early June orders will start to pop up there as well.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Fliphappy

Reaction score
That’s too funny! I don’t blame you! I haven’t communicated with my dealer since placing my order so I don’t know what roller coaster my order went through to get to D1 or that it will stay there. Keep up the faith!

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Awesome. Happy for you. Question tho...how are people getting into D1 status when ram production has shut down?

I'm going to guess that next week, alot of us in the may- early June orders will start to pop up there as well.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I thought D1 just meant scheduled, basically. They can certainly be doing schedules when they aren’t actually building.

Users who are viewing this thread