5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
It really is incredible to me that there's so much conflicting information on the configurations. Having a dealer that doesn't know/understand is one thing. But press releases and product info sheets - that directly conflict with the ordering system - that's insane.
This is a real cluster****.
Dammit, still doesn't work for me.
I haven't tried the C-F on the public thread on here but I did on a PM with someone and it even censored it in there. :rolleyes:

I think the RAM marketing team needs to sit down and have a serious team meeting and commit themselves to complete, correct, up-to-date marketing information and keep AT LEAST the dealers informed of that information. They then need to make sure the info they are feeding the press and eventually those of us in the "general public" is as well.

This is sloppy work to say the least and there are managers not doing their job of keeping tabs.

A disclaimer IS OK right now-we all get it things will change-but provide some consistency please Stellantis/RAM!!

deanno33

Reaction score
Good news in the guide that Laramie has a package that includes Blind Spot (which we all know it doesn't).

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
So... this guide raises a huge, at least in my mind, question. Why is there no "Limited" model listed? there is the "Limited Longhorn" and the "Limited 10th Anniversary," but no "Limited." This is especially concerning to me because my dealer just confirmed I'm on the status roller coaster, as I went from D (last week) to C (last Friday) to D1 this Monday, and now back to C today. I'm not sure how/why I went from D1 to C, but the fact that this Stellantis guide does not show a "Limited" model makes me wonder if they've decided to scrap the model all together and just go from Limited Longhorn to Limited 10th Anniversary Edition. That makes no sense, which means it is more likely than not. :)

I hope I'm wrong, and probably am, but I just don't get the backward status change and the failure to include the "Limited" trim in the Stellantis guide.

I was told by my dealer when I ordered my Limited 10th edition at the end of June that there would be no Limited, only the 10th anniversary edition and I was forced to get the option package that went along with it. It had most of the stuff I was looking at anyways so I wasn't worried.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer when I ordered my Limited 10th edition at the end of June that there would be no Limited, only the 10th anniversary edition and I was forced to get the option package that went along with it. It had most of the stuff I was looking at anyways so I wasn't worried.
I'm pretty sure this is NOT correct. If you order a black interior (which I'm pretty sure is available) it will NOT be a 10th Anniversary Limited. There's quite a few orders on here that are standard ones.

Yet more mis-information.......

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right. 10th Anniversary Edition is just a package on top of a Limited...

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I was told 8 to 12. It's been over 16 weeks as of yesterday.

I know then most dealers are liars, I told him to expect his vehicile like January or February, as he has to consider the shut downs and the micro chip shortage.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
I went to D1 on Friday, 8/27 with an estimated ship of 9/9 which I thought was a build date. Anyways, dealer told me yesterday that Ram 1500 builds were apparently halted, but my ship date didn’t change. Just got notification that my ship date is now 9/17.
As much as I thought the ship date was a build date, I am thinking that it may actually be a ship date. I put an order in on 5/27 and based on the info I have seen on this thread, it is possible for them to ship mine out by them when they are pumping out close to 6000 units a week. Maybe I’m just being optimistic?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
That doesn't sound right. 10th Anniversary Edition is just a package on top of a Limited...
I agree it doesn't sound right, and that several of us in this forum ordered a "plain" Limited, but it seems like the information coming from Stellantis (granted, it's FUBAR) confirms that there is no "plain" Limited. I could see, as a result of the chip shortage, Ram trying to streamline builds (as we know they are) and getting rid of the "plain" Limited. The problem for me is that if they do that, I'll have to find another truck, because there I hate the MFT and there's no chance in hell I'll ever drive a truck with a pristine "sea salt" interior.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree it doesn't sound right, and that several of us in this forum ordered a "plain" Limited, but it seems like the information coming from Stellantis (granted, it's FUBAR) confirms that there is no "plain" Limited. I could see, as a result of the chip shortage, Ram trying to streamline builds (as we know they are) and getting rid of the "plain" Limited. The problem for me is that if they do that, I'll have to find another truck, because there I hate the MFT and there's no chance in hell I'll ever drive a truck with a pristine "sea salt" interior.
I don't know. They sell a pretty good amount of Limiteds. A lot of people would be pissed off and cancel (I'm one of them). That doesn't make much sense. Anyway, they supposedly can't/won't change builds on "sold" orders, but with the way things are right now, who knows.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, the Stellantis folks are sitting in their offices going, "Hey, wanna watch the chat forums FREAK OUT?" Click (upload new misinformation sheet).

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is NOT correct. If you order a black interior (which I'm pretty sure is available) it will NOT be a 10th Anniversary Limited. There's quite a few orders on here that are standard ones.

Yet more mis-information.......
the option of the black interior and the blue/sea salt interior was separate $0 option from the limited package

I get that. He said that since it was the 10th it would reject the order if we didn't check that package also. I was already going to get it so I didn't argue. Seemed to me like they should have rolled that in if it was forced. But it makes that new drop sound more accurate given my experience.

Last edited:

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
When they did the Laramie 10th anniversary, could you order a standard Laramie that year or did they force everyone into the 10th anniversary?
that could give us a heads up if it's happening again or just a mistake

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
This links to a gallery with photos dated 09/01/21 showing pictures of regular 2022 Limiteds.

Who knows... all the photos labeled "2022 Ram 1500 Limited" either show a truck with a black tonneau cover (which is standard on the 10th Anniversary Edition) or are photos of a TRX. So, it's hard to know what the clusterfuck is going on, other than Stellantis has no clue what it is doing.

To that end, is anyone concerned about the quality of the vehicles given all the conflicting information about what the vehicles will, and won't, come with?

brewdad

Reaction score
It really is incredible to me that there's so much conflicting information on the configurations. Having a dealer that doesn't know/understand is one thing. But press releases and product info sheets - that directly conflict with the ordering system - that's insane.
This is a real cluster****.
Dammit, still doesn't work for me.
Try cluster fornicate---that will probably work.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who knows... all the photos labeled "2022 Ram 1500 Limited" either show a truck with a black tonneau cover (which is standard on the 10th Anniversary Edition) or are photos of a TRX. So, it's hard to know what the clusterfuck is going on, other than Stellantis has no clue what it is doing.

To that end, is anyone concerned about the quality of the vehicles given all the conflicting information about what the vehicles will, and won't, come with?
Get a hold of your dealer and demand that your Limited look like the one on their advertising.
1630610847982.png

Man, this is a super-clusterfuck.

Whoa, it finally worked! Holy ****!
Dammit...

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The one of the instrument cluster looks like the regular Limited. You can also see the black trim leather dash above it.

But to answer your question, I wasn't before but now I'm starting to. If they don't start building at least some 2022's next week I think we might be in deep ****.

Users who are viewing this thread