5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Get a hold of your dealer and demand that your Limited look like the one on their advertising.
View attachment 104379

Man, this is a super-clusterfuck.

Whoa, it finally worked! Holy ****!
Dammit...
Honestly, at this point, given that I sent from D to C to D1 and back to C, I'm considering just ordering a fully-loaded 2022 TRX and seeing which one comes first. I figure, worst-case-scenario, I'll keep two excellent trucks and get to keep the mileage down on each by putting them into the rotation with the new M5, or I'll buy both and sell one of them with 15 miles on it for a massive profit.

The only downside to that is I'll have doubled my chances of going insane as a result of having to track two new builds.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Who knows... all the photos labeled "2022 Ram 1500 Limited" either show a truck with a black tonneau cover (which is standard on the 10th Anniversary Edition) or are photos of a TRX. So, it's hard to know what the clusterfuck is going on, other than Stellantis has no clue what it is doing.

To that end, is anyone concerned about the quality of the vehicles given all the conflicting information about what the vehicles will, and won't, come with?
Tonneau covers are standard on 10th Anniversary Editions? This is what my dealer said I’d get with it.

Attachments

• 61E56BAB-A362-4C93-905C-3C0AEC7F77E8.jpeg
    61E56BAB-A362-4C93-905C-3C0AEC7F77E8.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 50

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Tonneau covers are standard on 10th Anniversary Editions? This is what my dealer said I’d get with it.
I may be wrong (and NADA says I am), but I thought I had read somewhere that the 10th Anniversary edition came with a soft cover.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I may be wrong (and NADA says I am), but I thought I had read somewhere that the 10th Anniversary edition came with a soft cover.
All good, I was happy for a second thinking I was getting one for free. I’ve used Retrax Retractable Tonneau covers on my last three trucks and planned to for this one but the damn MFT is preventing that because of the bracket in bed… If I had known that prior to ordering I would have ordered with Ram Box so I could get Tonneau cover I wanted.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Who knows... all the photos labeled "2022 Ram 1500 Limited" either show a truck with a black tonneau cover (which is standard on the 10th Anniversary Edition) or are photos of a TRX. So, it's hard to know what the clusterfuck is going on, other than Stellantis has no clue what it is doing.

To that end, is anyone concerned about the quality of the vehicles given all the conflicting information about what the vehicles will, and won't, come with?
I must have missed the "free tonneau offer" on my Limited 10th order!! (Where did you find it??)

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All good, I was happy for a second thinking I was getting one for free. I’ve used Retrax Retractable Tonneau covers on my last three trucks and planned to for this one but the damn MFT is preventing that because of the bracket in bed… If I had known that prior to ordering I would have ordered with Ram Box so I could get Tonneau cover I wanted.
You can get aftermarket brackets that replace the factory ones and allow you to install a retrax. There is a thread around here somewhere about it. The brackets are $100 bucks or something around there.

PCHokie

Reaction score
You can get aftermarket brackets that replace the factory ones and allow you to install a retrax. There is a thread around here somewhere about it. The brackets are $100 bucks or something around there.
Thx, just found it on Reddit.

Attachments

• D4096F45-0DA8-4A58-B685-52CBCA1ADD22.jpeg
    D4096F45-0DA8-4A58-B685-52CBCA1ADD22.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 34
  • ECAFFCE0-5867-4A36-B25A-0F3B03BCBD7E.jpeg
    ECAFFCE0-5867-4A36-B25A-0F3B03BCBD7E.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 34

cappnmorgan

Reaction score

Interesting video talking about the semiconductor chip shortage. It focuses on the GPU/CPU side of things but does have a small snippet about the auto industry. Im hoping that the auto industry can return to normal levels before 2023 but who knows at this point. Hopefully we can avoid long shutdowns, but I'm skeptical.

Last edited:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
the option of the black interior and the blue/sea salt interior was separate $0 option from the limited package

I get that. He said that since it was the 10th it would reject the order if we didn't check that package also. I was already going to get it so I didn't argue. Seemed to me like they should have rolled that in if it was forced. But it makes that new drop sound more accurate given my experience.
OK, I think we're maybe getting some wires crossed here. Let me clarify to the best of my knowledge. The Indigo/Sea Salt interior MUST be paired with the 10th Anniversary Package. They are separate codes (because one is a body color code and the other is a package) BUT they go together and one will force the other.

Said another way: If you want Indigo/Sea Salt interior you HAVE to also get the 10th Anniversary package. If you want the 10th Anniversary package you HAVE to go with Indigo/Sea Salt interior color. It's all or nothing.

This all being said, it's a PACKAGE with "exclusive" interior color ADDED to a Limited trim. It's not a trim level in and of itself.

• 10th Anniversary Package (AYG) (Listed under Options)
    • Multi-Function Tailgate (MWK)
    • Rotary Shifter-Jeweled (C1N)
    • 19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound (RCA)
    • Suede Headliner (CHG)
    • Mopar 4 Adjust. Cargo Tie Down Hooks (CL2)
    • Instrument Cluster Theme 8 (JY8)
    • Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp (LAN)
    • Ventilated Rear Seats (CAH)
    • Mopar Bed Step Deployable Ctr. Mount (MD1)
    • Mopar Bright Pedal Kit (XB4)
  • Indigo/Sea Salt (-CD) (Listed under Paint/Seat/Trim)
The previous Indigo/Frost interior colorway has been discontinued/superceded by the new Indigo/Sea Salt. The downside of it all is even though the 10th Anniversary Pkg. is being advertised as "Inside, the Ram 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition’s interior is another summit in the light-duty lineup that already boasts the pinnacle of luxury and refinement." The door panels and bolsters are CLOTH inserts instead of the 100% leather that existed previously. I'm a little chapped by this one myself....

2021-07-18 09.14.29.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.37.jpg 2021-07-18 09.20.46.jpg

PCHokie

Reaction score
OK, I think we're maybe getting some wires crossed here. Let me clarify to the best of my knowledge. The Indigo/Sea Salt interior MUST be paired with the 10th Anniversary Package. They are separate codes (because one is a body color code and the other is a package) BUT they go together and one will force the other.

Said another way: If you want Indigo/Sea Salt interior you HAVE to also get the 10th Anniversary package. If you want the 10th Anniversary package you HAVE to go with Indigo/Sea Salt interior color. It's all or nothing.

This all being said, it's a PACKAGE with "exclusive" interior color ADDED to a Limited trim. It's not a trim level in and of itself.

• Suede Headliner (CHG)
The previous Indigo/Frost interior colorway has been discontinued/superceded by the new Indigo/Sea Salt. The downside of it all is even though the 10th Anniversary Pkg. is being advertised as "Inside, the Ram 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition’s interior is another summit in the light-duty lineup that already boasts the pinnacle of luxury and refinement." The door panels and bolsters are CLOTH inserts instead of the 100% leather that existed previously. I'm a little chapped by this one myself....

View attachment 104396 View attachment 104397 View attachment 104398
Is funny in an ironic way that “pinnacle of luxury and refinement” is achieved with a less premium material…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

• Suede Headliner (CHG)

View attachment 104396 View attachment 104397 View attachment 104398
Pretty sure I read an article that said the 10th Anniversary Limited package would include a coupon for one of these:
1630615212071.png

Drum-Kicker

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I'm actually slightly more interested in Level 1 now that they're merging the Tech Group with it (depending on what they does to the price). But I can (easily) live without it (Adapt. Cruise/ASG stuff) cause I haven't had it before. My last vehicle before my current one had keyless entry, and so does my current one, so that's like 8 years of having it, no way I can give that up now. I'll be yanking on my locked door and grunting in frustration every time I go to get in my car lol
I heard from a veteran dealer today the MSPR on the 2022 Limited Level 1 pkg is 2995.00 and includes:
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go (NHZ)
19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound (RCA)
Surround View Camera System (XAK)
Head Up Display (LBK)
Parallel & Perp Park Assist w/Stop (XH5)
LED CHMSL Lamp (LPH)
Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp (LAN)
Ventilated Rear Seats (CAH)
Pedestrian Emergency Braking (LST)
Digital Rearview Mirror (GRG)
Lane Keep Assist (LAS)

brenan00

Reaction score
I’ve seen tonneau threads that talk about swapping out the brackets with Right On brackets for $50, they are made with 3/8 inch piece of steel and uses your existing bolts. Give it a search. Later

Users who are viewing this thread