5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just spit balling here with the D1 status here, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The SHAP is closed right now, so no builds are happening. So does that mean the D1 status is 1 week ahead of when it's scheduled to be build?

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I don't think there's any clear pattern to the timing of D1 (vs. the build). The 2021 orders had people sitting in D1 for days/weeks/months, it was all over the place.

I'm hoping that Ram is being more targeted with their D1 assignments for 2022, especially in light of the parts shortages. But no one will really know until the builds happen. This is why it's important to know who is going into D1 (and when).

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have we seen any pricing info on the new package? The only thing I wanted out of the old Level 1 was the surround view camera. I wasn't paying $3k for it. The 10th Anniversary Edition included the speakers and ventilated rear seats.
No pricing yet but I doubt there will be much if any "discount", so figure close to $4k.

I got the night edition, which also comes with the speakers (but not the ventilated rear seats) and if you take that it reduces the price of Level 1 by about $800 (since the speakers are redundant). So if there WAS at least a little bit of a discount (vs buying the two packages separately before), and the total was effectively $3k more for me (since I was getting night edition no matter what for the look), then I might be interested.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been emailing my dealer/salesrep back and forth for a while because from past experience, emailing is both easier and faster. However, they're proving somewhat unresponsive so I will probably resort to calling soon.

Actually might call them today as Ram merging the Tech Group with Level 1 has me a bit more interest in Level 1. Anyone know if you can change your order once placed, without having to cancel and start over?
I find this interesting as I called my dealer a few days after I got my VIN and they had no issues adding the BUG to my build. In all the other cars I've ordered, it's always been as long as it's in D status, the order can be changed regardless if VIN was issued or not. Once it hits D1 is when you usually have to get the regional rep involved.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find this interesting as I called my dealer a few days after I got my VIN and they had no issues adding the BUG to my build. In all the other cars I've ordered, it's always been as long as it's in D status, the order can be changed regardless if VIN was issued or not. Once it hits D1 is when you usually have to get the regional rep involved.
My dealer just told me "D" status vehicles can't be changed, have to redo the order. So, not surprising we're getting two different answers here lol. They probably just don't want the hassle. Though I suppose the answer could have changed if I had expressed interest in something that's a relatively simple add-on (like the BUG) vs something much more technical/complex and very integrated into the truck (like Level 1).

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
I just spoke to my dealer on my REBEL GT and he said his GM told him production will start this month….🤷‍♂️But. We kinda figured that already

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
Just touched base with my dealer to see if there’s a clusterfuck and my Limited build just went to C status. 7/23 order date.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just touched base with my dealer to see if there’s a clusterfuck and my Limited build just went to C status. 7/23 order date.
I ordered end of June and my build was in C status as of Monday (verified still C status yesterday), Limited as well.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Just curious, but has anyone given Ram Chat totally bogus personal information? That is, every time you ask them a question, they force you to provide your full name, address with Zip Code, phone number, and email for "verification." It's a damn joke that they need all that info to "verify" one's identity when I know for sure they can't actually be verifying anything, because I recently moved and the address I gave to my dealer is very different than the address I gave to Ram Chat last time I spoke with them. I'm thinking of just totally going off the wall and making something ridiculous up next time I speak with them just to see what happens. I've already ordered the damn truck, you don't need all my info to "sell" me on anything else.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Same thing here. The sales rep I ordered from is 'no longer with the company'. Now the guy they turned me over to doesn't respond to emails. I probably sent him an email every other week and apparently that's too much for him to handle. When I was there for the ordering process, there were about 6 sales guys (mine as one of them) hanging out talking and sitting on the bench outside. They have no inventory to sell so why so hard to respond to an email?

Ram has a lot over the competition, but customer care is not one of those things. Ford dealerships kill Ram in responsiveness (around my area anyway).
Sorry to hear they're unresponsive for you. I text my sales guy fairly often. He reached out the other night with something and we ended up texting on an off about the forums and uconnect 5 for a couple hours. Always gets back to me as soon as he gets information from his rep. He's new to sales and came from service dept. so maybe that has something to do with it.

Reaction score
@Eighty here's the latest from my dealer:

"They started production on your truck . Estimated ship date is 9/13/2021 . Takes about two weeks to arrive at the dealership after it is shipped"

Confirmed I am in D1 status. Fully loaded limited w/ tech group.

I think it might be a fair assumption that they are prioritizing the high profit models.

Update to the tracker for new additions (@JRich33435, @JODYJCATALANO). No update to the assumptions. Couple of requests:
  • If anyone else has gone D1, let me know. 8 of the 22 users with VINs from 100,000 to 103,000 are reporting D1 now - would like to hear from the others in that group.
  • I just found out about the new "Longhorn Southfork" edition. Only one person has reported ordering that package. If anyone else has that package, please let me know.

View attachment 104357

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As of right now, I know of 25 trucks in D1 status. Interestingly, none of them are Big Horns, Tradesmen, or Longhorns. But as I mentioned before, take it with a grain of salt because this is a very small sample set.

Attachments

• 1630597670836.png
    1630597670836.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 45

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of right now, I know of 25 trucks in D1 status. Interestingly, none of them are Big Horns, Tradesmen, or Longhorns. But as I mentioned before, take it with a grain of salt because this is a very small sample set.
I'm assuming that these are from people that placed orders in like May/June...?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty here's the latest from my dealer:

"They started production on your truck .
FWIW, the plant is closed this week, so I highly doubt that your truck has started yet. Possibly next week. Try looking up your Build Sheet (I don't have your full VIN or I'd look it up).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming that these are from people that placed orders in like May/June...?
May - 14
June - 3
July - 7 (one of which is a converted Canadian 2021 order)
August - 1 (this is a dealer order, and something is fishy with it)

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how many forum members reported their VIN to you? I appears that the VIN numbers are approaching the 170000 mark so the sample as you said is pretty small. Figured I'd ask rather than trying to cross my eyes and count the names on the chart! LOL!

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Just curious, but has anyone given Ram Chat totally bogus personal information? That is, every time you ask them a question, they force you to provide your full name, address with Zip Code, phone number, and email for "verification." It's a damn joke that they need all that info to "verify" one's identity when I know for sure they can't actually be verifying anything, because I recently moved and the address I gave to my dealer is very different than the address I gave to Ram Chat last time I spoke with them. I'm thinking of just totally going off the wall and making something ridiculous up next time I speak with them just to see what happens. I've already ordered the damn truck, you don't need all my info to "sell" me on anything else.
🤣🤣🤣 ALL THE TIME!!!!!

I give them the address and phone number of the dealer.... and i use my sales reps name, phone number and e-mail .

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how many forum members reported their VIN to you? I appears that the VIN numbers are approaching the 170000 mark so the sample as you said is pretty small. Figured I'd ask rather than trying to cross my eyes and count the names on the chart! LOL!
144 users - 5th Gen forum
275 users - TRX forum
I have full VINs for all of the TRX users, but only a few of the 5th Gen users (mostly just last 6 digits).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online