5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Mr_662

Reaction score
I just heard from my dealer he confirmed. It's in D1 status with a tentative build date of 9/8 🤞🤞🤞it stays in D1

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's probably mine! ;)
Ha...I didn't know that trx are build along side of regular ram 1500. My assumption was that trx would be built along with other trx...not mixed in with regular 1500.

With that said, is your status D1 yet?

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

JRich33435

Reaction score
New user, have been following the forum for awhile now.

2022 ram Rebel, Order placed on 06/25 Vin given on 07/05 119031

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard from my dealer he confirmed. It's in D1 status with a tentative build date of 9/8 🤞🤞🤞it stays in D1
Ok, @Mr_662, I am curious as to how yours is in D1 already. You've got a diesel Rebel crew cab, ordered on 7/30. Is there anything else special about your order? GT package? No technology of any kind? Your VIN is way up there (149857), so this is certainly strange.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New user, have been following the forum for awhile now.

2022 ram Rebel, Order placed on 06/25 Vin given on 07/05 119031
I'll get you added. Does yours have the GT package? I assume you're in S FL...I used to live in 33434.

Mr_662

Reaction score
Ok, @Mr_662, I am curious as to how yours is in D1 already. You've got a diesel Rebel crew cab, ordered on 7/30. Is there anything else special about your order? GT package? No technology of any kind? Your VIN is way up there (149857), so this is certainly strange.
I don't know? I don't believe it honestly, especially as people have had their status changes. I do have a lot of options on it, could that be it?:
  • Air Suspension
  • Extended fuel tank
  • Engine block heater
  • Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  • Night Edition
  • Rebel 12
  • Technology Group
  • Bed Utility Group
  • Comfort and Convenience Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
  • Cold-Weather Group
  • Trailer-Tow Group
  • Two tone paint
  • Black Power-Fold Trailer-Tow Mirrors
  • RamBox
  • Rear Wheelhouse-Liners

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about their truck orders now with the facility shutting down for a week because of Microchip shortages?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about their truck orders now with the facility shutting down for a week because of Microchip shortages?
I'm just ok with it. Right now, I'm expecting it to get shut down a couple more times by the end of the year.

What tickles my fancy is the lack of information. I personally feel that they need to slow down on builds instead of trying to ramp up and build as many as they can, just so they run out of chips, then shut down for a week. If they just slow builds down just a little (for example instead of 1000 trucks a day, to maybe 800 trucks a day) that would at least have consistent production going and flow to dealers so that instead of 10 trucks to a dealer shows up, on 8 might be there.

Then at that point, production information can be filtered down, and actual real dates can be provided to us.

If someone gave me a realistic date of 4-5 months of a truck being built, I can plan a little better.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
Maurice with Ram Chat gave me the following update on my 2022 Laramie SW Edition (VIN 121303):

"I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received and your vehicle is waiting for its turn in the assembly line. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. The 2022 RAM production has not started quite yet, In this case we can suggest checking back early next week for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the RAM family!"

No word yet from the dealership.

Guessing this means I'm in D1 status??

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Maurice with Ram Chat gave me the following update on my 2022 Laramie SW Edition (VIN 121303):

"I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received and your vehicle is waiting for its turn in the assembly line. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. The 2022 RAM production has not started quite yet, In this case we can suggest checking back early next week for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the RAM family!"

No word yet from the dealership.

Guessing this means I'm in D1 status??
Check with your dealer, but that verbiage appears to be D1.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know? I don't believe it honestly, especially as people have had their status changes. I do have a lot of options on it, could that be it?:
  • Air Suspension
  • Extended fuel tank
  • Engine block heater
  • Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  • Night Edition
  • Rebel 12
  • Technology Group
  • Bed Utility Group
  • Comfort and Convenience Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
  • Cold-Weather Group
  • Trailer-Tow Group
  • Two tone paint
  • Black Power-Fold Trailer-Tow Mirrors
  • RamBox
  • Rear Wheelhouse-Liners
Hmm. This looks very similar to my order. Given the parts shortages, I would think that "less options" is "better" right now for getting into production.

I don't understand why this one is going through. I mean, I'm glad for you...but it doesn't make any sense.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just ok with it. Right now, I'm expecting it to get shut down a couple more times by the end of the year.

What tickles my fancy is the lack of information. I personally feel that they need to slow down on builds instead of trying to ramp up and build as many as they can, just so they run out of chips, then shut down for a week. If they just slow builds down just a little (for example instead of 1000 trucks a day, to maybe 800 trucks a day) that would at least have consistent production going and flow to dealers so that instead of 10 trucks to a dealer shows up, on 8 might be there.

Then at that point, production information can be filtered down, and actual real dates can be provided to us.

If someone gave me a realistic date of 4-5 months of a truck being built, I can plan a little better.

You are making entirely too much sense for this economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/