5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

DTol

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing, I wonder how this happened. Be interesting to know what their reasoning was and how it bubbled up. Do you know if it is actually in the build process? I know they don't give ship dates unless their is a firm build schedule for the order. Have you seen a window sticker yet?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the factory term “ship” means “build”. Not actually ship out on a train.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing, I wonder how this happened. Be interesting to know what their reasoning was and how it bubbled up. Do you know if it is actually in the build process? I know they don't give ship dates unless their is a firm build schedule for the order. Have you seen a window sticker yet?
I just tried the build sheet lookup and got "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided".

PCHokie

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the factory term “ship” means “build”. Not actually ship out on a train.
That makes more sense.

While I am empathic for all the people here who are much more deserving to get their rigs built, I do hope that is an accurate date to build mine.

Teddy

Reaction score
In “C” status gents. Sales manager said to check back on 9/6 for a build date- he suspects he’ll have one by then. He also mentioned that he doesn’t have many sold orders in front of mine - don’t know what that meant in the grand scheme of things…

Bigbags85

Reaction score
While all of this production mess gets sorted out and we (possibly) will move into production soon I'm still torn on what I should do with my other cars! Currently have a 2011 Maxima, 99 Civic, and 2010 Highlander (wife's so off the table). I don't really know if I want to trade any of them in but I also don't want to deal with maintenance on 4 cars haha. I'm really torn on whether or not I should trade in the Maxima. It's mint, less than 100k miles still and would certainly save the truck from salty roads in the winter as I live in the NE. Maintaining 4 cars also seems terrible because I don most of the repairs, etc myself. What would you guys do?

DTol

Reaction score
While all of this production mess gets sorted out and we (possibly) will move into production soon I'm still torn on what I should do with my other cars! Currently have a 2011 Maxima, 99 Civic, and 2010 Highlander (wife's so off the table). I don't really know if I want to trade any of them in but I also don't want to deal with maintenance on 4 cars haha. I'm really torn on whether or not I should trade in the Maxima. It's mint, less than 100k miles still and would certainly save the truck from salty roads in the winter as I live in the NE. Maintaining 4 cars also seems terrible because I don most of the repairs, etc myself. What would you guys do?
Stick with the topic of this thread.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Right now, only thing I want ram to do is to update their website to show 2022 models. So I can build my truck...since I'm not going to get anything until the end of September :(

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I agree because with me ordering the GT package I want to see the completed interior

Teddy

Reaction score
Apparently, this is what “C” status means:

Attachments

• 0C210EB1-5572-41F3-A1EC-8D87A88BA963.jpeg
    0C210EB1-5572-41F3-A1EC-8D87A88BA963.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 118

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Apparently, this is what “C” status means:
I'm not a code expert, but it seems like "C" status is the new pre-D1 status. I went from D to C to D1 in the span of a weekend. I don't know if "C" status has always been a precursor to D1, and I'm not saying that will always be the case for the 22's, but it seems that a handful of us have had the D-C-D1 progression recently.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
FWIW, I just got done chatting with RamChat and was very clearly informed that SOME MY22 production has started on DT trucks (beyond pilot/marketing units) I asked multiple times to make sure they were not referring to the initial pilot builds. They also said with the option package rework that chip shortages were not an issue for the MY22 builds now. I was also told that they have changed policy and will no longer provide any order status updates and that we MUST reach out to our selling dealer for any further information. Take with a HUGE grain of salt......

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Right now, only thing I want ram to do is to update their website to show 2022 models. So I can build my truck...since I'm not going to get anything until the end of September :(

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I just hammered the popup survey for the 10th time tonight to this effect. Put the B&P and some marketing info up for the MY22 DT trucks already!!!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I just got done chatting with RamChat and was very clearly informed that SOME MY22 production has started on DT trucks (beyond pilot/marketing units) I asked multiple times to make sure they were not referring to the initial pilot builds. They also said with the option package rework that chip shortages were not an issue for the MY22 builds now. I was also told that they have changed policy and will no longer provide any order status updates and that we MUST reach out to our selling dealer for any further information. Take with a HUGE grain of salt......
Was it Maurice that said this? He’s told about 16 lies already today. I thought he would be off work by now, but then I remembered that bots can work 24/7.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Was it Maurice that said this? He’s told about 16 lies already today. I thought he would be off work by now, but then I remembered that bots can work 24/7.
In order to protect the bot's identity I won't reveal the name but I can confirm it was NOT Maurice......

Last edited:

Vakali72

Reaction score
My status hasn't changed, though she did follow up and all her feedback said sold orders are locked in and arent affected by the trim changes, so I'm still good to go with the quad cab. 22 Rebel quad cab will be rare...bidding starts at 1 million dollars.

dsbull

Reaction score
So here is something I got from MD. when I tried to modify my order today.

So they increased the prices of base price on these truck since you placed your order. If we request a modification, the base price will increase as well as the added option of trailer brake. So you may be subject to pay more than what just the part costs itself. I would wait and try to add after.

Looks like prices went up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread