5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
asldjflwajrasduflj;sl afjl;j;lksajfasfasl'j MY TRUCK IS IN D1 STATUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Now what? :)

For those who are in D1? Is that a dealer reported status. I was on RamChat and they said that they are not provided codes and couldn't tell me what status i was in. Does that sound accurate?

Are we seeing any patterns for folks in D1? I.e. are they all a specific trim or package. Doesn't appear to be vin# related.

Thanks!
If the 2022 HD orders that are in production now are any indication of how they’re going to operate with the DTs, then you’ll probably experience the following:
-RamChat is determined to probably be a bot system providing canned responses. They aren’t given letter code updates anymore. A member on hdrams had to pose as an “employee in the know” to get RamChat to realize/acknowledge that production on the HDs has been in progress for weeks, despite them saying they havebeen told production hasn’t begun yet.
-Many members orders have gone from d to D1, and back to d status with multiple different estimated ship dates. Some have even had build sheets populate one day, and not populate the next day.

DTol

Reaction score
For those who are in D1? Is that a dealer reported status. I was on RamChat and they said that they are not provided codes and couldn't tell me what status i was in. Does that sound accurate?

Are we seeing any patterns for folks in D1? I.e. are they all a specific trim or package. Doesn't appear to be vin# related.

Thanks!
Mine is in D1 and RAM Chat said they had the parts which was a change and sounded like D1 but they wouldn't give out the code. Called the dealer they confirmed D1.

ManUp2Down

Reaction score
My dealer this morning said that his dealership had all 2021 orders (outside of customer orders) canceled by Ram.

Interesting

DTol

Reaction score
i have a weird question, maybe someone can help me with this. i didnt order towing group on my 22 laramie. but i would like to have trailer brake controller installed on my truck. Is that something that can be installed separately after i get my truck ?
My Nephew did that and it was a major job and, in his words, a bummer of a job. Best to get it as an option on the order even if you only might need it in the future.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
I went to D1 on Friday but there was no date. Dealer told me a 9/9 build date today and Ram Chat said all my materials have been acquired. But they also said that 2022s have not been scheduled for production yet. Even more crazy, they said all their plants are not experiencing a chip shortage.
@Eighty - FYI for you spreadsheet.

Attachments

• EB2D3CA2-2203-4FB1-9495-9116BCB4ADCD.png
    EB2D3CA2-2203-4FB1-9495-9116BCB4ADCD.png
    339.8 KB · Views: 62

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard from MD this morning, "Production placed a pause on the 1500 start up due to the chip shortage. Pushed out to September 6th. We are monitoring this closely and will update you as soon as we have more information."

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"none of our factories are affected by a chip shortage." Technically that's true. They have a worker shortage this week. Can't be short on chips when you don't have anyone there to install them.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"none of our factories are affected by a chip shortage." Technically that's true. They have a worker shortage this week. Can't be short on chips when you don't have anyone there to install them.
Yeah, not to mention the stuff they're stealth-dropping from certain trims/packages (BSM from Laramies), ASG from Longhorns, TPMS from Tow Group, etc).

edit: CLUSTERFUCK

Users who are viewing this thread