5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, it definitely looks like D1's are starting to happen.
100342 - TRX
100389 - TRX
101865 - Rebel GT
102542 - Laramie (Crew Cab, 6'-4" bed)
119000 - TRX
So far the pattern mostly seems to be early VINs (with one exception), and mostly TRX's. Not enough data yet to see anything more. But if everyone can check in with their dealers, then maybe we can start figuring out what's happening.

HozayM

Reaction score
So, it definitely looks like D1's are starting to happen.
100342 - TRX
100389 - TRX
101865 - Rebel GT
102542 - Laramie (Crew Cab, 6'-4" bed)
119000 - TRX
So far the pattern mostly seems to be early VINs (with one exception), and mostly TRX's. Not enough data yet to see anything more. But if everyone can check in with their dealers, then maybe we can start figuring out what's happening.

brenan00

Reaction score
I’m 121256 and was given the same old response of gathering parts, etc…. Makes me wonder if the theory of lumping similar trucks together is true.

On a side note, a buddy of mine was in our local dealership last night looking at a jeep for his wife. He works for Cleveland Cliffs who is a supplier for Stellantis and when he asked about his supplier discount of 1% below invoice, they told him they weren’t honoring those types of discounts as of right now due to the shortage of new vehicles. Anyone else heard of dealerships not honoring discounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They might do it for an order but not for anything sitting on the lot right now.

DTol

Reaction score
Wow, interesting Chat. It disappeared before I could get a copy. Her initial response was all the parts have been assembled and should be moving through the build process shortly. Then I asked if the 2022 start-up has officially begun. She said I would say yes. She still hadn't given me a status code so I asked if my order had changed to D1. and she said that they don't give out status codes any more. ???????

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, interesting Chat. It disappeared before I could get a copy. Her initial response was all the parts have been assembled and should be moving through the build process shortly. Then I asked if the 2022 start-up has officially begun. She said I would say yes. She still hadn't given me a status code so I asked if my order had changed to D1. and she said that they don't give out status codes any more. ???????
She probably should have said, "They still give out status codes, but just not to us". Your dealer can look up your status code.

DTol

Reaction score
Well there seems to be a difference in D - assembling parts, and D1 - Parts have been assembled. I was told the latter. Checking with my dealer.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
V
giphy.gif

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SeaSkag

Reaction score
My dealer isn't responsive at all. The only way I get info is to go there in person. If I go there in person, they have a 2021 Rebel on the lot with most of what I ordered, I may end up getting that instead if I go. lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let's gooooo!

Man, would be amazing to have a whole week's worth of trucks built before the holiday.
Well, hang on there pardner. Going into D1 status just means they've scheduled the truck to be built. It doesn't mean they're actually starting to build it. We still don't know when they're going to finish the 2021 models. The fact that trucks are starting to be scheduled is a good sign, but it really only means that they're "thinking" about starting.

BAJAN55

Reaction score
Anyone having any luck with local dealerships with ordering or getting a competitive price? Most of mine in the Seattle area are dodging my emails.
I ordered a 2022 Longhorn in Tulsa OK with most of the options except the sunroof and air suspension. only option I couldn't order was the Technology group with the heads up display. Dealer didn't know why. Also ordered the tow mirrors and i'm told for 2022 they will come with surround view. Dealer did give me a price.

Prex01

Reaction score
Well, hang on there pardner. Going into D1 status just means they've scheduled the truck to be built. It doesn't mean they're actually starting to build it. We still don't know when they're going to finish the 2021 models. The fact that trucks are starting to be scheduled is a good sign, but it really only means that they're "thinking" about starting.

Just out of pure curiosity, do they ever divulge a tentative day that it’s scheduled to hit the line for assembly?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, you're right, I go overexcited lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of pure curiosity, do they ever divulge a tentative day that it’s scheduled to hit the line for assembly?

Yes, once you're in D1 status, there will be a tentative build date. Key word is tentative. Your POC will show something like this:

1630093771252.png

Users who are viewing this thread