5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Prex01

Reaction score
Well, the two I've seen pop into D1 are 100389 and 119000...

I’m 121256 and was given the same old response of gathering parts, etc…. Makes me wonder if the theory of lumping similar trucks together is true.

On a side note, a buddy of mine was in our local dealership last night looking at a jeep for his wife. He works for Cleveland Cliffs who is a supplier for Stellantis and when he asked about his supplier discount of 1% below invoice, they told him they weren’t honoring those types of discounts as of right now due to the shortage of new vehicles. Anyone else heard of dealerships not honoring discounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m 121256 and was given the same old response of gathering parts, etc…. Makes me wonder if the theory of lumping similar trucks together is true.

On a side note, a buddy of mine was in our local dealership last night looking at a jeep for his wife. He works for Cleveland Cliffs who is a supplier for Stellantis and when he asked about his supplier discount of 1% below invoice, they told him they weren’t honoring those types of discounts as of right now due to the shortage of new vehicles. Anyone else heard of dealerships not honoring discounts?

I paid $500 below invoice. Probably not quite 1% but even if you're a few hundred bucks over invoice, that's pretty good right now, all things considered. And mine is a Limited, which they tend not to discount as heavily as stuff like Big Horns and Rebels.

Nate F

Reaction score

I had two dealerships tell me the same thing but the third one honored the affiliate rewards program. After the first one told me no, I started calling around.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
That's interesting ... I've always gotten "check back in 3 weeks". Makes me think that the Sept 1st start date has some validity.
I had to leave right after posting. But I’m thinking Now that I reread the chat that quite yet and very soon words are code, maybe, for 22s to start this weekend or certainly by 9/1 b sounds like he was not allowed to tell me exact start date but was trying to let me know it’s Imminent

Prex01

Reaction score
I had two dealerships tell me the same thing but the third one honored the affiliate rewards program. After the first one told me no, I started calling around.

It sucks that some dealerships are doing that, but it’s nice to know that it’s not just one dealership around here being shady I guess…

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to leave right after posting. But I’m thinking Now that I reread the chat that quite yet and very soon words are code, maybe, for 22s to start this weekend or certainly by 9/1 b sounds like he was not allowed to tell me exact start date but was trying to let me know it’s Imminent
Well now since it's imminent, I'm trying to set expectations as realistic as possible.

How long does it take to build the truck, once it's in D1 status...like 2-3 full days (48-72 hours)?

Anybody can respond.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

dsbull

Reaction score
got a message from MD

Hope you are doing well! Looks like we are still in D status. Haven’t seen any 1500’s come into D1 status yet. Fingers crossed that production will start in the next week or so. We have been seeing delays due to covid, chip shortage and supplier parts shortage.

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Well now since it's imminent, I'm trying to set expectations as realistic as possible.

How long does it take to build the truck, once it's in D1 status...like 2-3 full days (48-72 hours)?

Anybody can respond.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
It takes 9 hours to run down the line (but I'm guessing this is post paint).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have been seeing delays due to covid, chip shortage and supplier parts shortage.
Y'all probably saw the SHAP memo about the massive absenteeism yesterday. And this just popped up (not sure if it's really true or not, so take it with a grain of salt).

1630082268417.png

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wouldn't count on it going that fast. For my 21 order, it took nearly 60 days to hit D1, and then about another 2 weeks before my build sheet popped up. Guessing that may be more drawn out for you folks waiting for your 22s, just due to the increased back log vs when I was waiting for my order. My full order time line is below in my signature for anyone wondering.

Once my build sheet came up though, I had the window sticker show up 2 days later and the truck arrived 10 days after that to the dealer. So after it started being built things moved a lot faster, it was almost no movement at all up until that point though. Best of luck with the waiting game, it's worth it!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So being that low on the list where I’m at what does that mean that I am going to be one of the early ones done?
Absolutely not. It just means that you deserve to be one of the early ones.
That said, you've got a GT coming, and there are unconfirmed rumors that they're going to prioritize the new packages (GT, Back Country, maybe 10th Anniversary Limited).
So who knows. Since you've got both of those things going for you, then you'll probably be last...

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
That said, you've got a GT coming, and there are unconfirmed rumors that they're going to prioritize the new packages (GT, Back Country, maybe 10th Anniversary Limited).
So who knows. Since you've got both of those things going for you, then you'll probably be last...
😂🤦‍♂️

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch, the sting.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch, the sting.
Well, for you it's just a dream...hahaha.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, for you it's just a dream...hahaha.

💯 I'll end up next March getting mine after all those shenanigans! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread