5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the only two DT's that are currently quasi-known to be in D1 have VIN's of:
  • 101797 (ordered 5/18) - TRX
  • 102259 (ordered 5/17 verbally, probably in the system on 5/23 or so) - Bighorn - tentative build date of 8/13?
We'll need a few more D1 confirmations to see if the pattern (of low VINs being scheduled first) sticks, and/or if there are any notable trends to the scheduled builds.

I'm not tracking any Tradesman orders. The only ones I've seen mentioned here were 4th Gens (DS). Did I miss one?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the only two DT's that are currently quasi-known to be in D1 have VIN's of:
  • 101797 (ordered 5/18) - TRX
  • 102259 (ordered 5/17 verbally, probably in the system on 5/23 or so) - Bighorn - tentative build date of 8/13?
We'll need a few more D1 confirmations to see if the pattern (of low VINs being scheduled first) sticks, and/or if there are any notable trends to the scheduled builds.

I'm not tracking any Tradesman orders. The only ones I've seen mentioned here were 4th Gens (DS). Did I miss one?
It was showing above the TRX in the screen shot a couple of pages back. It's a 2500 though.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Highroller's is a Bighorn (102259). The other one listed yesterday above the TRX was a DJ (2500), so it's not part of my tracking setup.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see what that estimated ship date is. As of yesterday, I was "certain" that DT's are starting on 8/9. But after @GATORB8 challenged what I was saying, and I really thought about it, I started to wonder if that's actually true. The only real data we have is the estimated ship date from yesterday for a TRX (showing 8/30). That seems to correspond to a build date on the week of 8/25. Perhaps Ram Chat straight-up lied to me about 8/9. Or, giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were confused and gave me production dates for the 2500/3500/4500 /5500 models.
Be good to see a couple ship dates, that TRX is a pretty low VIN, seems like it's corresponding pretty well to your "gray" dates.

Big thanks for handling the tracker. Certainly didn't intend to be confrontational.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Update from dealer: they told me that they just got a build date this morning for my truck 2 weeks out from now still no ship date posted.
I think they always try to temper expectations by calling the Estimated Ship Date the build date. Both the dealer order screen and POC it links to calls the field the Estimated Ship Date.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Got My VIN this morning (a little more than 13 hours After placing my order) you are welcomed to add my order to the spreadsheet
POC Date 7/29/21
Vin 149646
Ram 1500 Laramie

firedfly

Reaction score
Got My VIN this morning (a little more than 13 hours After placing my order) you are welcomed to add my order to the spreadsheet
POC Date 7/29/21
Vin 149646
Ram 1500 Laramie
How did you find out you had a vin? Sandi from mark dodge told me to email her next week to get my vin. I ordered a day before you, so I guess I should have one as well.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so here's a daily update, adding @rossn2 and @Hasti17. Given that @Highroller0801 has an estimated ship date around 8/13, it looks like we're "on" for the week of 8/9 production. So I'll leave all the build/ship assumptions alone for now.

1627653208727.png

Reactions: Jtr

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you find out you had a vin? Sandi from mark dodge told me to email her next week to get my vin. I ordered a day before you, so I guess I should have one as well.
If you the VON, you can use the chat on RAM's site to get your VIN. The VON should be at the top of your POC.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I emailed Aaron this AM about adding the Bed group Before FCA issued a vin, but When he pulled my order first thing this morning it had a vin Issued already. so bedliner will have to be a local job once Mark Dodge gets the truck in.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
I've also seen a lot of information about trucks being done at the factory, but "shipped" to other departments for accessories and add-ons. So I take it to mean that the truck is built, but not necessarily getting on a train.
That makes sense. I've read on this forum where after the truck is built it will be shipped to an installer for things like spray-in bedliner, side rails, tonneau cover, etc.

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Unfortunately, we do not have a production date for our 2022 models at this time."

Sounds like Ram Chat answers are all across the board

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Unfortunately, we do not have a production date for our 2022 models at this time."

Sounds like Ram Chat answers are all across the board
Wow. Just...wow. I think I'm just about done with Ram Chat. They appear to be worse than worthless - I would rather they just said "I'm too low on the totem pole to actually know anything".

Reaction score
Ok, so here's a daily update, adding @rossn2 and @Hasti17. Given that @Highroller0801 has an estimated ship date around 8/13, it looks like we're "on" for the week of 8/9 production. So I'll leave all the build/ship assumptions alone for now.

View attachment 101386
Eighty I do not have a ship date yet, dealer said it wasn’t listed ,the 2 week was the scheduled for the build, take that for what it’s worth though.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes mine is 3/4 truck
That changes things. For the 3/4 truck, is it a 2021 or a 2022 order?

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Users who are viewing this thread