5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dad finally went in to get a status on the truck the dealership ordered in his specs; D status. Ordered 5/19. He still has not committed to buying it yet, and if they don't give him much/anything off of MSRP, I doubt he will. Its a small town dealership, I bet they'll work out something. They already offered him about $1k more than the VROOM and other instant offers for his trade, he can probably talk 'em up a bit more.

Turns out, its missing the Technology package, but it seems thats not important to him. However, if its missing the blind spot monitoring (which used to be standard on the Limited), he may wait for a 2023 or later. "Total Price" below is not what they want for it, its MSRP.

1625798084605.png

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad finally went in to get a status on the truck the dealership ordered in his specs; D status. Ordered 5/19. He still has not committed to buying it yet, and if they don't give him much/anything off of MSRP, I doubt he will. Its a small town dealership, I bet they'll work out something. They already offered him about $1k more than the VROOM and other instant offers for his trade, he can probably talk 'em up a bit more.

Turns out, its missing the Technology package, but it seems thats not important to him. However, if its missing the blind spot monitoring (which used to be standard on the Limited), he may wait for a 2023 or later. "Total Price" below is not what they want for it, its MSRP.

View attachment 99246
It's still a standard feature on the Limited.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 99246
It's standard on the Limited.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Random question for those who placed their 2022 orders or looking to place an order.

If MSRP was the same ( most of us are smart enough to get invoice at this point) which one would you order if you had the chance

Lower trim with more options to add ( like ram box, sun roof, off road package)

Next higher trim but basic trim level with no extras

Just curious on what you think.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's still a standard feature on the Limited.
It's standard on the Limited.
Thanks guys. With the microchip shortages making the blindspot options sparse for a bit there on the 2021s, I thought maybe it wasn't standard anymore.

Random question for those who placed their 2022 orders or looking to place an order.

If MSRP was the same ( most of us are smart enough to get invoice at this point) which one would you order if you had the chance

It depends on what options are important to you (especially the ones that are hard or impossible to add later). For me, it would be the LED projector headlights (Longhorn, Limited, TRX). I wanted the best lighting possible, and I thought the LED projectors were also the coolest looking lights (just my opinion, I know a lot of guys like the regular LEDs more).

I did not sacrifice, and got all the options I wanted in my 2020, but if I had been absolutely forced to, I would have focused on my core "most important to me" options, and added the rest later (or went without).

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys. With the microchip shortages making the blindspot options sparse for a bit there on the 2021s, I thought maybe it wasn't standard anymore.

It depends on what options are important to you (especially the ones that are hard or impossible to add later). For me, it would be the LED projector headlights (Longhorn, Limited, TRX). I wanted the best lighting possible, and I thought the LED projectors were also the coolest looking lights (just my opinion, I know a lot of guys like the regular LEDs more).

I did not sacrifice, and got all the options I wanted in my 2020, but if I had been absolutely forced to, I would have focused on my core "most important to me" options, and added the rest later (or went without).
It's definitely a tad confusing when you look at the NADA Website because it will show the Advanced Safety Group (which is less and lists blind spot detection) under the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group. ASG is not an option on the Limited though.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

I just went through this, though I was kind of forced into a Limited because blind spot was a must have. The Limited has some things I don't need or even want (power running boards, 12" screen, air suspension), but a comparable Laramie with all the features of a Limited costs more. In a Laramie I would have not gotten everything that is standard on the Limited so the price would have been lower than a Limited because of being a less featured truck. You can see in my sig the Limited I ordered is pretty bare bones for the trim. If resale is a concern, always go with the higher trim.

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 99246
There’s still time to change the order if he really wants it

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha...I still have a couple of months for my 2022, and my first official mod came in (12" tempered glass protector)...lol

I'm not including what I took off of my old 2020..which is the vararam intake, painted blue tow hooks, black side steps, LED tail light strip, soft shackles for the tow hooks, step that goes on the tow hitch.
9518060c0542499b1dea50506b35d3e0.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

I used to play that game. For me it didn't matter which way I went because either way I didn't get the truck I really wanted. And I would be looking at a new truck within months of buying one. So this time I went big and got the truck I wanted, in the color I wanted, with everything I wanted. I definitely paid a lot for it but maybe this time I'll hang onto it for longer than 2 or 3 years LOL.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha...I still have a couple of months for my 2022, and my first official mod came in (12" tempered glass protector)...lol

I'm not including what I took off of my old 2020..which is the vararam intake, painted blue tow hooks, black side steps, LED tail light strip, soft shackles for the tow hooks, step that goes on the tow hitch.
9518060c0542499b1dea50506b35d3e0.jpg

What do your blue Tow hooks and shackles look like?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do your blue Tow hooks and shackles look like?

They are in my basement somewhere. Basically my Laramie didn’t come with tow hooks, so I ordered a set. Then I also ordered some raptor blue bed liner spray, and coated them. Not exactly a match with the blue, but it’s pretty darn close. I also ordered the bezels around them and painted it to match the truck.

As far as the shackles, they are soft shackles that you can tie right on the tow hook, since you can’t easily get one of the metal ones properly in there and not scratch it all up.

79a4dacf311f4e6410baff1466877dfd.jpg

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are in my basement somewhere. Basically my Laramie didn’t come with tow hooks, so I ordered a set. Then I also ordered some raptor blue bed liner spray, and coated them. Not exactly a match with the blue, but it’s pretty darn close. I also ordered the bezels around them and painted it to match the truck.

As far as the shackles, they are soft shackles that you can tie right on the tow hook, since you can’t easily get one of the metal ones properly in there and not scratch it all up.

79a4dacf311f4e6410baff1466877dfd.jpg

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Where did you get your soft shackles from?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s still time to change the order if he really wants it

If he had made the order, yes. But he didn't; the dealership knew what he was looking for (back in the middle of the 2021 MY), and ordered it in 98% of his specs for the lot, hoping to lure him in. It may work. If not, they'll sell it, as hot as these things are right now, so they don't have much to lose.

Its a small town dealership. Its a Ford and FCA dealer, with about a dozen or little more Fords (SUVs and trucks), and a half dozen FCA products (again, SUVs and trucks).

captainzombie

Reaction score

Yeah all of the higher trim models in the different vehicle lines will have things like blind spot monitoring. When I bought my Laramie 2 months ago, it was the one thing missing that I wish my truck would of had. For the specifications that I have on my truck, it would of been standard.

If your dad can afford to go with the Limited and get all of the options even if he doesn't use most now, he might later on and won't regret not doing so. When I bought mine, the lots were starting to get scarce so it was either get this Laramie which is missing one feature or pay a **** ton more and jump to a mid-level Limited. The base model limited's don't even have a portion of some of the features on my Laramie. I can never figure out what the manufacturers do with these vehicles in general.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
OK. Here's my story. First:, is there anywhere to check on the status of my order, finalized today, other than thru the dealer? Would appreciate any information. Over the last few weeks, I've been working with Mark Dodge in Lake Charles LA. I just sold my gmc canyon so I'm without a truck! My experience: I wanted to configure a 2022 Laramie trim which I could build online and had everything I wanted/needed. However, due to chip shortage, I cannot place my order with the tech option and advanced safety group. So...I lwaited a few weeks tp see if the ramtrucks.com website opened up to 2022 builds. It hasn't. As of today, you can't build a Laramie trim with Tech Group or ASG option thru the dealer. So, a few days ago I started working with Sandi at Mark Dodge to build a Limited/Longhorn trim with what I wanted. I finalized the build today and worked out the price. Ordered. What I can tell you is my experience with Mark Dodge, Aaron/Sandi, was fantastic. Straight up prices (sales price) The dealers doc fee is 219 vs. like 900 here in the northeast. Highly recommend Mark Dodge. Any questions, email me.
Doug ([email protected])

Users who are viewing this thread