5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

I've been working with Sandi too and it's been great. You won't regret the higher trim, especially with their pricing.

I just contacted Mark Dodge and they beat the price for the vehicle I ordered by $1300. But then my order goes to the end of the line instead of near the front. Price of convenience? I bought from a local dealer but I don't know if there is any real advantage to buying from the same place that would repair/service my vehicle......

I just contacted Mark Dodge and they beat the price for the vehicle I ordered by $1300. But then my order goes to the end of the line instead of near the front. Price of convenience? I bought from a local dealer but I don't know if there is any real advantage to buying from the same place that would repair/service my vehicle......

How far are you from Mark Dodge? $1300 isn't too much unless you won't have much travel cost or shipping cost to make up.

Don't get me wrong, I ordered from Mark Dodge living 1500 miles away and had my truck shipped up. My dealers, however, wouldn't be within $8-10,000 of Mark Dodge.

@bebrown1075 @coach dave

Please keep us updated...since you two looks like are one of the first ones to order 2022 rams, please let us know once your trucks move along...it will help us greatly!!

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

@bebrown1075 @coach dave

Please keep us updated...since you two looks like are one of the first ones to order 2022 rams, please let us know once your trucks move along...it will help us greatly!!

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
@arod412 my 21 is built and will be taking that truck. I will try and keep up with the 22. My friend at FCA has been tracking both internally for me. The 22 was scheduled for week of 07/26 initially and the last he checked it had been bumped to week of 08/23. That was before the recent shutdown was announced for chip issues.

@arod412 my 21 is built and will be taking that truck. I will try and keep up with the 22. My friend at FCA has been tracking both internally for me. The 22 was scheduled for week of 07/26 initially and the last he checked it had been bumped to week of 08/23. That was before the recent shutdown was announced for chip issues.
That’s a pretty big slip

That’s a pretty big slip
He ordered 2 trucks...lol which I'm jealous of.

He ordered 2 trucks...lol which I'm jealous of.

I started out with a 21 order on May 4. The dealer told me 2 days later they could not get it scheduled and would have to get a 22. So they ordered a 22 for me identical to the 21. In the midst of the 22 getting ordered the 21 did schedule. So we left both orders in place to see what would happen. Once the 21 started moving I decided to take that truck. So much uncertainty of the production I didn't want to take the chance on the 22 to see when it will actually come in. I don't have a deposit on either truck. I am in Metro Detroit and there are a million dealers in the area. Unless you are ordering something wacky it is pretty rare for a dealer to take a deposit around here. They told me they didn't care which one I took.

I started out with a 21 order on May 4. The dealer told me 2 days later they could not get it scheduled and would have to get a 22. So they ordered a 22 for me identical to the 21. In the midst of the 22 getting ordered the 21 did schedule. So we left both orders in place to see what would happen. Once the 21 started moving I decided to take that truck. So much uncertainty of the production I didn't want to take the chance on the 22 to see when it will actually come in. I don't have a deposit on either truck. I am in Metro Detroit and there are a million dealers in the area. Unless you are ordering something wacky it is pretty rare for a dealer to take a deposit around here. They told me they didn't care which one I took.
You know, I wonder if your 2022 slipped on the production date because the status was changed from “1-sold order” to another status…due to the fact that you’re taking the 2021 instead.

You know, I wonder if your 2022 slipped on the production date because the status was changed from “1-sold order” to another status…due to the fact that you’re taking the 2021 instead.
I don't think they have changed it. It still shows as a sold order based on the status I saw. The industry is just a mess :) I work for an auto supplier and our business is also a mess.

How far are you from Mark Dodge? $1300 isn't too much unless you won't have much travel cost or shipping cost to make up.

Don't get me wrong, I ordered from Mark Dodge living 1500 miles away and had my truck shipped up. My dealers, however, wouldn't be within $8-10,000 of Mark Dodge.
I am 1100 miles away, but I wonder if I order now when would I actually receive the vehicle. I was one of the first to order a 2022 on May 6th and I am not sure how long of delay I would have if I abandoned that order and went with Mark Dodge....... Gotta think about this more. They say we pay for convenience. This would be the case here for sure.

Last edited:
I am 1100 miles away, but I wonder if I order now when would I actually receive the vehicle. I was one of the first to order a 2022 on May 6th and I am not sure how long of delay I would have if I abandoned that order and went with Mark Dodge....... Gotta think about this more. They say we pay for convenience. This would be the case here for sure.
To be honest, I don't think it will be too long before yours starts to get built.

Once yours starts, it gives the rest of ours a good time frame on when it gets going. I'm still aiming until the end of August. It's not too bad considering what is currently going on.

Being that distance away and price being that close, I would probably stick with your current order. The only other thing I can say about orders and when people get them, it seems to be quite the crapshoot. I would like to say that big volume dealers like Mark Dodge get theirs quicker, but I can't really say that. I would say that they consistently seem to hit on their estimates for build from time or order. They quoted me 10-13 weeks and mine got there in 11.5 (and seeing a lot of others on here that ordered from them with that same consistency). So maybe bigger dealers get their order more consistently on time than others, but I'm just speculating.

If you were to go Mark Dodge, would you be driving down and trading in, or flying down and driving back, or would you have it shipped up?

In my area you are treated much better at the service dept. if your vehicle was bought there. One nearby dealer makes it difficult to get warranty work done there unless you purchased from them.

I don't think they have changed it. It still shows as a sold order based on the status I saw. The industry is just a mess :) I work for an auto supplier and our business is also a mess.
I tried to order a 2021 on 6 May but it wouldn't let them and we had to order a 2022.
Being that distance away and price being that close, I would probably stick with your current order. The only other thing I can say about orders and when people get them, it seems to be quite the crapshoot. I would like to say that big volume dealers like Mark Dodge get theirs quicker, but I can't really say that. I would say that they consistently seem to hit on their estimates for build from time or order. They quoted me 10-13 weeks and mine got there in 11.5 (and seeing a lot of others on here that ordered from them with that same consistency). So maybe bigger dealers get their order more consistently on time than others, but I'm just speculating.

If you were to go Mark Dodge, would you be driving down and trading in, or flying down and driving back, or would you have it shipped up?
I would fly down and pick up. But I think I am gonna stay with my original order. I will be checking in on 1 Aug with my dealer and see where we stand and will update everyone here.

I just inquired about ordering a 2021 1500 Laramie and was told they can only order 2022s now, and don't know pricing. I don't know whether to be excited by a new model year order, or sad about the potential wait.
They pulled almost everything out od the safety group and its.still $1695 plus you must order the intelligent group also. Its both or none. Kinda.makes me.mad i wanted the Laramie in olive green so now i am gonna order a limited longhorn, whick has the stuff i want nut not the color. So am settling for patriot blue

They pulled almost everything out od the safety group and its.still $1695 plus you must order the intelligent group also. Its both or none. Kinda.makes me.mad i wanted the Laramie in olive green so now i am gonna order a limited longhorn, whick has the stuff i want nut not the color. So am settling for patriot blue
If there is a color to settle for, patriot blue is about the best second option.

If there is a color to settle for, patriot blue is about the best second option.
I agree, black is so sharpe looking but dont want to clean it twice a week, patroit blue is almost the same, the olive green would not be as hot and would hide dirt better. Lastly you see tons of black blue white silver red vehicles out there. I like things a little different but will not pick a crazy bright color like neon green yellow orange special edition

Yeah, I keep thinking I'm changing my color to Blue Shade unless it's obnoxiously more expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back