5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I believe that all of the 2022 orders are on "D" status as soon as the orders were accepted. You shouldn't expect to see any movement on it until they fire up the 2022 builds. Late July.
My dealer was profusely telling me my truck should be delivered mid to late August. Knowing full well '22 production doesn't start til 8/7. Good thing I had a mask and sunglasses on, he couldn't see me laughing and rolling my eyes at him. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dealer was profusely telling me my truck should be delivered mid to late August. Knowing full well '22 production doesn't start til 8/7. Good thing I had a mask and sunglasses on, he couldn't see me laughing and rolling my eyes at him. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
Well, there have been a couple of rumors about the 2022 production start date. Best I can tell, the plant shuts down the week of 7/19 and they start the 2022's on 7/25-7/26. So if trucks start going out the door within a few days, and the average delivery time is around 3 weeks, then it is theoretically possible to see some in late August.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
Well, there have been a couple of rumors about the 2022 production start date. Best I can tell, the plant shuts down the week of 7/19 and they start the 2022's on 7/25-7/26. So if trucks start going out the door within a few days, and the average delivery time is around 3 weeks, then it is theoretically possible to see some in late August.
Admittedly I haven't been aware of rumors, I was just looking at this page.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that all of the 2022 orders are on "D" status as soon as the orders were accepted. You shouldn't expect to see any movement on it until they fire up the 2022 builds. Late July.
I agree. I checked today to see if there is and status fully expecting there would be no change. It's at "scheduling" stage. Just getting thing ready and collecting parts.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, there’s the Uconnect5. And if you are ordering a truck with Ram Boxes, there’s an option for missile launchers. see this thread.

Welshlass86

Reaction score
Hey guys!!
I’ve asked before but didn’t really get a straight answer and it was a while ago.

Basically, I ordered my truck on 5/4, as a 2021, the order was accepted and then cancelled due to the chip shortage. The order was then transferred to a 2022 order with the 2021 pricing honored and the reassurance that my order would be one of the first in line. However, 2 months later I have no VON/VIN and no updated pricing (currently my balance due is $114,500!!!!!!).
Has anyone else ordered a 2022 and have a VON/VIN? And if so when did you order, and when did you get the VON/VIN?

Welshlass86

Reaction score
Hey guys!!
I’ve asked before but didn’t really get a straight answer and it was a while ago.

Basically, I ordered my truck on 5/4, as a 2021, the order was accepted and then cancelled due to the chip shortage. The order was then transferred to a 2022 order with the 2021 pricing honored and the reassurance that my order would be one of the first in line. However, 2 months later I have no VON/VIN and no updated pricing (currently my balance due is $114,500!!!!!!).
Has anyone else ordered a 2022 and have a VON/VIN? And if so when did you order, and when did you get the VON/VIN?

Gracieboy

Reaction score
Hey guys!!

Lots of us ordered 2022 and received VON & VIN. Look at the chart posted above in this thread. Hoping things work out for your order.

Avayel

Reaction score
Now that I'm looking at the data, I was wondering if @ekaz and @Avayel could both confirm the official order dates on your POC's. You may have ordered on one date, but what date did the system show? There's a really big jump to your VINs based on the timeframes provided.
My order was placed on 6/23, on 6/25 I got my VIN. As of a few days ago, still in D status, waiting cut parts, etc.

Cruzer1

Reaction score
My 2022 order was placed on 6/25. I received my VIN on 6/30. My VIN number is 119061.

thenachobro

Reaction score
Hey guys!!

I placed my 2022 order on 5/6/21 and got a VIN and price 24 Jun 21. So you should go in to the dealer and see what the deal is. They should have some answer for you.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got my VIN on 6/28. How do y'all track status?
You could pester Ram Chat for a status. But pestering your dealer is the best option - they have access to more information, supposedly.
Plus, if you’re going to pester someone, it should probably be the one who’s making a profit from the sale.

thenachobro

Reaction score
You could pester Ram Chat for a status. But pestering your dealer is the best option - they have access to more information, supposedly.
Plus, if you’re going to pester someone, it should probably be the one who’s making a profit from the sale.
I plan to go in on August 1st and check my status. As one of the first people to order I feel I should have the skinny on updates before others.......if they don't prioritize certain builds before others.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure, if you were the first order placed and built

brenan00

Reaction score
I plan to go in on August 1st and check my status. As one of the first people to order I feel I should have the skinny on updates before others.......if they don't prioritize certain builds before others.
It looks like you ordered the day after I did. Mine is a 21 and yours is a 22. I knew I was close to one of the last orders of the year, it is scheduled to be built on the 15th and factory closes on the nineteenth.

thenachobro

Reaction score
What’s the last few of your vin? Are you like 1000001? Lol
100208. I joined 5th Gen Rams the day I ordered it but it would seem 207 people ordered before me! And I went in at 10am CST on the 6th to order so not sure how 207 people beat me! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/