5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

thenachobro

Reaction score
On May 6th I posted that the 2022 Ram 1500 series is available for sold orders. Just wanted to post a link from a page that is also tracking this. I made and order on the 29th of April for a 2021 but I screwed it up and when I went in to fix it on 6 May 2022 I had no choice but to order a 2022. I expect that I won't see the vehicle until October.....ish. More to follow.

Last edited:

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
Really hoping they open up some options for the 22 orders, I want the Night Package along with 6 pass seating!

BNeal

Reaction score
The article indicates that the '22's will come with UConnect 5 software, but as I understand it, this new version requires new hardware as well. Would be nice if it were software-only, but I don't think it is.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The article indicates that the '22's will come with UConnect 5 software, but as I understand it, this new version requires new hardware as well. Would be nice if it were software-only, but I don't think it is.
It is not. uConnect 5 requires new hardware to support, which is why it's probably taken this long to get it into production. It was rumored for the 'all-new' 2019 DT, then it was rumored for the 2020 DT, then it was rumored for...

I'll believe it when it shows up on the lot.

Last edited:

Snowwolfe

Reaction score
Tried to order a 22 Limited last Friday but it wouldn’t accept black as an interior color choice. Hoping RAM gets this sorted out so my order can be submitted otherwise have my eye on a Denali with the 6.2 that is in stock.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried to order a 22 Limited last Friday but it wouldn’t accept black as an interior color choice. Hoping RAM gets this sorted out so my order can be submitted otherwise have my eye on a Denali with the 6.2 that is in stock.
Are trying to order through the ramtrucks.com website or a dealership?

The website usually takes some time before everything gets in line for all the possible combinations. Last year it was taken down for a few days shortly after the 2021 MY first hit the list. I don't know what the issues were but saw a lot of people complaining about trying to use it.

A dealership will have the most up-to-date information on available options and combinations for an order.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I just inquired about ordering a 2021 1500 Laramie and was told they can only order 2022s now, and don't know pricing. I don't know whether to be excited by a new model year order, or sad about the potential wait.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the incentives are going away and I'm paying just about the same for the last of this MY or the first of next MY then I'd go with next MY personally.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the '22's. Once they're available to order, I'm getting one on the books. But I want to know exact pricing and options before I do.
Same here unless I can find a great deal on a 21, which probably isn’t happening

I just hope Blind Spot and Advanced Safety Group is an option again for the Laramie, but I’m not holding my breath

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Starting now you can order a 2022 MY, but pricing and options are unknown. Today my dealer said Wranglers have increased $2000 for 2022 MY, so expect a pretty hefty increase for RAM. And incentives are going away completely in a week and probably not coming back any time soon. Who would have guessed inflation would hit after the printing presses were put into overdrive?

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Same here unless I can find a great deal on a 21, which probably isn’t happening

I just hope Blind Spot and Advanced Safety Group is an option again for the Laramie, but I’m not holding my breath
Does not appear that blindspot monitoring is an option on the 2022 Laramie. Just got the email back.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure, didn't ask about it.
Chances are the options currently unavailable on Laramie will be that way for quite some time. Saving them for higher priced trucks. I would have ordered a Laramie but BSM was a must, so Limited it was.

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
Chances are the options currently unavailable on Laramie will be that way for quite some time. Saving them for higher priced trucks. I would have ordered a Laramie but BSM was a must, so Limited it was.
Sucks for me, unless they change it up for the 22ym the highest trim level you can get with the split bench (need 6 passenger capability) is the Laramie.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sucks for me, unless they change it up for the 22ym the highest trim level you can get with the split bench (need 6 passenger capability) is the Laramie.
You could see if you can still option a BH with BSM/cross path as the $595 add on. It is still on the build site, though if a dealer can actually place an order for it is another question.

I think they took it out of the Laramie because 90%+ of those have (had?) Level 1 or 2, which had it.

Users who are viewing this thread