5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Fliphappy

Reaction score
You’ll want to follow up to make sure the Order was accepted. It will provide a VIN and a status code of “1-sold order”. If it’s still showing 99 (I think), then it’s still just a quote.
Thanks. On the POC it’s in “status” BA and build order 99. But I’ll check in with him Monday. I’ve only ever ordered from Ford before and the Vin was sent directly from Ford to me for tracking. Does it come from the dealership with Ram?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. On the POC it’s in “status” BA and build order 99. But I’ll check in with him Monday. I’ve only ever ordered from Ford before and the Vin was sent directly from Ford to me for tracking. Does it come from the dealership with Ram?
Yes it will come from your dealer. You won’t hear boo from Ram. And there’s no way to track your order officially with Ram - hence the silly stuff we are doing here.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Yes it will come from your dealer. You won’t hear boo from Ram. And there’s no way to track your order officially with Ram - hence the silly stuff we are doing here.
I just went through Ram Chat who confirmed my order was received, as-is without any changes to the options selected and is in scheduling status. She also gave me my VIN which was an awesome surprise! I’ll post that in the order tracking thread :) thanks for all the guidance!

RockJock

Reaction score
I just went through Ram Chat who confirmed my order was received, as-is without any changes to the options selected and is in scheduling status. She also gave me my VIN which was an awesome surprise! I’ll post that in the order tracking thread :) thanks for all the guidance!

How did you get your VIN through Ram Chat? My dealer told me it'll take about 5 weeks to get my VIN.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
How did you get your VIN through Ram Chat? My dealer told me it'll take about 5 weeks to get my VIN.
I just started a chat to confirm that my order from yesterday morning had been received/accepted. She confirmed it was, said my VIN was also available, and gave it to me. Wasn’t expecting it but she offered it up.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine 10 days after I ordered. From dealer. It might have been available sooner, that's just when I asked.

HozayM

Reaction score

I ordered a 2022 Limited on Jun 16 (Vin 112014). Feel free to add me to that sheet. Been stuck in that scheduled status for a couple weeks now. This is a long thread but any sense, based on VIN or order date, on when delivery could happen?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Limited on Jun 16 (Vin 112014). Feel free to add me to that sheet. Been stuck in that scheduled status for a couple weeks now. This is a long thread but any sense, based on VIN or order date, on when delivery could happen?
That spreadsheet is all I got for a crystal ball. And I think I’m about to push back the expected production date by 2 weeks.
I’l get you added, and we shall see.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
This is what I got today for my order:

View attachment 101510
Odd considering all the advanced safety package items are included in the level 1 package anyway. Almost seems like they're just trying to streamline things more and funnel people to the level 1 vs having two very similar packages. Was this for a placed order or still in the quoting stage?

HozayM

Reaction score
That spreadsheet is all I got for a crystal ball. And I think I’m about to push back the expected production date by 2 weeks.
I’l get you added, and we shall see.
Thanks! Yeah, I notified Ram Chat has also pushed about two weeks. They were saying 8-10 weeks order to delivery as soon as mid-July. This week they now said 10-12 weeks.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
well here I am again since I had to cancel my previous order because of pricing and they wouldn’t add pets to my current order. Soo please add this NEW vin for tracking. VIN: 149680. This order was placed Thursday night! Chatted with Ram today to get the VIN. Only reason I chatted with them because this thread had me scared that it didn’t make the cut for options I choose. But they also told me they couldn’t give my status and that they are gathering parts. Whatever that means 🤷🏽🤷🏽 Please add me again to the Order list Thanks in advanced !!

RockJock

Reaction score
My dealer said it'll be about 5 weeks to get a VIN (3 more weeks). I'm almost wondering if this dealer waits to release the VIN until the order is in C or D status possibly. They might wait until there's some movement before telling the customer. For all I know a VIN could have been assigned already. Sales rep hasn't given any hint of anything being amiss. Regardless, I guess I can't do much except wait. I'm curious to see where my VIN will land on @Eighty chart. That should give us an idea of when it was issued.

roaminwiththeromes

Reaction score
Odd considering all the advanced safety package items are included in the level 1 package anyway. Almost seems like they're just trying to streamline things more and funnel people to the level 1 vs having two very similar packages. Was this for a placed order or still in the quoting stage?
Friday afternoon 7/30 AaronG at Mark Dodge did say he was able to select the Level 1 Package but not the Advanced safety package I wanted (saves me $1200) If this turn out to be the case, no more advanced safety group stand alone, I'll proceed with the Level 1 package on Monday....

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they are streamlining things in an attempt to control demand. The only things you get in Limited 1 that you don't get in ASG are vented seats and the HK Sound System.

It could be that ASG is only selectable with the 10th Anniversary Edition Package due to the overlapping vented seats and HK that come with the 10th package and the Limited 1. This is what happened to me (mine is keyed into the system with Limited 1 and 10th Anniversary Edition). Sandi @ Mark Dodge said that a lot of times these errors/overlaps are fixed once it's time for the build to get billed to the dealership.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I think they are streamlining things in an attempt to control demand. The only things you get in Limited 1 that you don't get in ASG are vented seats and the HK Sound System.

It could be that ASG is only selectable with the 10th Anniversary Edition Package due to the overlapping vented seats and HK that come with the 10th package and the Limited 1. This is what happened to me (mine is keyed into the system with Limited 1 and 10th Anniversary Edition). Sandi @ Mark Dodge said that a lot of times these errors/overlaps are fixed once it's time for the build to get billed to the dealership.
I ran into something similar with the HK system being included in both the equipment and night packages, both of which I selected. But the price of the level 1 option reduced when both were selected, and the HK stopped showing under that option and only showed on the night. Seems to be multiple ways in which these overlaps work themselves out. Interesting. Weird something like the HK system would be included in multiple packages that otherwise compliment each other rather than being a one or the other type selection.

Rau

Reaction score
Ouch! I assume this is coming from your dealer, for an order that you’re still working on placing?
That's correct. It is from Mark Dodge. I am not sure why ASG is not available because Level 1 has everything what ASG has. I really wanted to have tech group, but it is not a deal breaker for my wife's truck.

Now, I am thinking to order 2500 since it will have the same features without tech group.

Users who are viewing this thread