5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do we know how they assign VINs? Monday will be 2 weeks since I ordered and I don't have a VIN. I've seen VINs get assigned a couple days after an order.
As far as I can tell, VINs are assigned in numeric order based on when they're accepted into the system. If you don't have a VIN yet, then there are a couple of possibilities:
  • Your dealer is too lazy to pull it up and give it to you
  • Stellantis hasn't accepted your order into the system yet
    • Could be because the dealer hasn't done the paperwork yet
    • Could be some weird conflict in the system that isn't allowing it to go in
    • Something else
Did you dealer give you anything? A POC with a VON?

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Hellz ya - That was the main reason I had to order one. Couldn't find one anywhere.
Same thing I ran into. I found many "close" configurations on the 21s but very few with the multi function tailgate.I also knew the ones who had one in stock wouldn't sell it at the price I got. I hope you guys that are amending orders are successful. Mark Dodge told me no changes after I signed off on order. Best.

Croaker

Reaction score
From ram chat:
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.

So is this just a generic response from them ? Or does it mean it’s close ?
I’ve been getting the same response for several weeks.

brenan00

Reaction score
I’ve been getting the same response for several weeks.
What time did you buy on May 5th? I bought at 4:30pm Hawaii time, which would be 7:30 in California, trying to figure out who put the last order in. Mine has shipped, last I heard it was in Clapper Missouri that was 2 weeks ago, so it might be in a holding lot waiting for another railcar, trying to get to Long Beach to get on a boat. I grew up in the East Bay.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if they’re “out of parts”, or “don’t have enough parts to make any further commitments”.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if they’re “out of parts”, or “don’t have enough parts to make any further commitments”.
I'm going to the dealer tomorrow, I'll see if they know anything.

GATORB8

Reaction score

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you should add in “lucky TRX guy”.
it hurts that not only it's being built as a 2022, but a trx 2022.

But he is like...
49ce5355e72b42cc3bdc7cd53e8ac58c.gif

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

RockJock

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, VINs are assigned in numeric order based on when they're accepted into the system. If you don't have a VIN yet, then there are a couple of possibilities:
  • Your dealer is too lazy to pull it up and give it to you
  • Stellantis hasn't accepted your order into the system yet
    • Could be because the dealer hasn't done the paperwork yet
    • Could be some weird conflict in the system that isn't allowing it to go in
    • Something else
Did you dealer give you anything? A POC with a VON?
I don't have anything really. I ordered over the phone and was sent a configuration preview so I could confirm everything was correct. Sales rep said it's been submitted. I'd rest a lot easier if I had a VIN I think.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have anything really. I ordered over the phone and was sent a configuration preview so I could confirm everything was correct. Sales rep said it's been submitted. I'd rest a lot easier if I had a VIN I think.
Yeah…I think you should ask them for some sort of confirmation (like a POC). You should be able to confirm that they put in the order correctly, and see a VON/VIN. I assume they took a deposit from you - if they can’t produce a POC then something is fishy.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
hmmm... on Friday July 30 in the afternoon, I attempted to order a 2022 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 6'4" with advanced safety group. AaronG with Mark Dodge said system would not take the order and that they are looking into it, will get back to me on Monday.
So that social media post looks accurate. Hopefully the orders placed will get what they ordered.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So that social media post looks accurate. Hopefully the orders placed will get what they ordered.
Not sure which social media post you’re talking about, but the one above said they’re not accepting orders for Harmon Kardon and Tech Group.
@roaminwiththeromes said he can’t submit a order with Advanced Safety Group.

Sounds like an even bigger issue?

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Not sure which social media post you’re talking about, but the one above said they’re not accepting orders for Harmon Kardon and Tech Group.
@roaminwiththeromes said he can’t submit a order with Advanced Safety Group.

Sounds like an even bigger issue?
For some reason I thought the Tech Group and ASG were tied together.

I don't know a ton about those packages, as I didn't want any of that stuff!

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I placed my order yesterday morning for a Limited and wasn't told anything was off the table. My selections included packages that include the HK sound system and I received a POC/VON with the packages listed so I'm hoping I'm good!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I placed my order yesterday morning for a Limited and wasn't told anything was off the table. My selections included packages that include the HK sound system and I received a POC/VON with the packages listed so I'm hoping I'm good!
You’ll want to follow up to make sure the Order was accepted. It will provide a VIN and a status code of “1-sold order”. If it’s still showing 99 (I think), then it’s still just a quote.

Users who are viewing this thread