5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

ny2az

Reaction score
Ram didn't even start building yet and just noticed in the past week that Ram bumped up the base msrp on the limited and lm sure along all trim levels ... when l ordered on 7/13 ... base msrp was $61,530 and now its $61,840 ... anyone notice or see this ...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So we safe to assume the 8/25 date is going to be the new date?
Not sure I’m ready to concede an entire month yet. Hoping to see some information by Monday that will give a better indication of where things stand.
We have seen some of the final 2021 orders (by date) be built, but there are certainly some outstanding 2021’s. I have a hard time imagining that there’s still a 1-month backlog though.
Oddly enough, my local dealer has received several new stock trucks in the past few weeks. So on the one hand, it appears that Ram is clearing out backlog. But on the other hand, our Canadian neighbors still can’t catch a break.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I’m ready to concede an entire month yet. Hoping to see some information by Monday that will give a better indication of where things stand.
We have seen some of the final 2021 orders (by date) be built, but there are certainly some outstanding 2021’s. I have a hard time imagining that there’s still a 1-month backlog though.
Oddly enough, my local dealer has received several new stock trucks in the past few weeks. So on the one hand, it appears that Ram is clearing out backlog. But on the other hand, our Canadian neighbors still can’t catch a break.

To help you or anybody else that is tracking, beside order date, von, vin date, is there anything else we can pass along to help with the tracking metrics?

Don’t know now much info Ram chat can tell us, but they should be able to give us the D1 status, then date. Would be happy to pass that info along. Will fix my sig to show some of that info as well.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried tracking D1 with the 2021’s, but just didn’t get enough data to see a pattern. But we could try it if enough people chime in.
There’s not a lot of rhyme or reason to the way the 2021 deliveries rolled out. Well, there is, but it is a lot more complicated than we can track. Has to do with the missing part du jour more than anything. We will not be privy to that info, and it would be nigh impossible to figure it out ourselves (it would require tracking every option on every order, and finding the pattern).
At the end of the day, we all just want to see some indication of what delivery info we should reasonably expect.

Teddy

Reaction score
Looking at all of the other information that Donlen stated on their website (plant shutdown, parts constraints, etc.) it’s logical to deduce that 8/25 could very well be the date. I think it could slide to the left though. 8/25 could just be the NLT date to give them some breathing room. I say that for a couple of reasons: (1) I have a pretty good grasp of what it entails / the methodology that goes into scheduling and executing plant shutdowns and turn-arounds - not for auto plants but process facilities and know that’s there is a “buffer” in the schedule. (2) It benefits Ram to get the “sold” 21s and dealer orders to the market. The longer they sit there the less money they’ll get for them. There are amazing deals around the country right now. Dealers realize they have to move that inventory. Especially the high volume dealers. Next couple of weeks will be exciting 😊

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram didn't even start building yet and just noticed in the past week that Ram bumped up the base msrp on the limited and lm sure along all trim levels ... when l ordered on 7/13 ... base msrp was $61,530 and now its $61,840 ... anyone notice or see this ...
I guess we'll see how much it affects our final prices. I know Mark Dodge told me that my quoted price was the highest I'd pay at least.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I can assume we are all in the D status. I know I am. I check monday

Yup..I checked Thursday as well. Just in D status. I might be in the minority here, but I still collecting some addons for my big horn back country, so they can push mine back a week…haha.

They can get some of my Canadian folks done first, that would be nice.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

JimKIII

Reaction score
With dealers like Mark Dodge, does a Tread Lightly account/number add any discount benefit? It seems Mark Dodge already discounts quite well.

BladeK

Reaction score
Question for the gallery. If you have an order already and have a vin and want to add a item like the multifunctional tailgate would you be able to add it.

ny2az

Reaction score
With dealers like Mark Dodge, does a Tread Lightly account/number add any discount benefit? It seems Mark Dodge already discounts quite well.
tread lightly would do no good ... they are already below that number ... l noticed with my build quote he was already lower than employee pricing ... qualified rebates will help reduce the price as well as a penfed number if allowed for the 22' model years

Last edited:

ny2az

Reaction score
Question for the gallery. If you have an order already and have a vin and want to add a item like the multifunctional tailgate would you be able to add it.

you should be able to add or remove options up to a certain date before your Vin is scheduled for build ...... l noticed the base msrp went up slightly, not sure if that is locked in if you modify the build...

JimKIII

Reaction score
tread lightly would do no good ... they are already below that number ... l noticed with my build quote he was already lower than employee pricing ...
That's what I thought. Thanks!

Panzar07

Reaction score
@Eighty can you add me to your build estimate list? 2022 rebel hydro blue. Ordered 7/10. VIN received today 7/24. Last six are 121933

Teddy

Reaction score
I tried to modify my order and was told that it wouldn’t let my dealer make the change- I’m in “D” status with a vin. If you try and succeed let me know. Thanks.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I ordered from him (6/18) I mentioned the Tread Lightly discount. He said his price was already under what tread lightly would do. Unfortunately I'd already joined so probably wasted money! But he gave me such a great price compared to local dealers I'm still way ahead even with travel expenses.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I ordered from him (6/18) I mentioned the Tread Lightly discount. He said his price was already under what tread lightly would do. Unfortunately I'd already joined so probably wasted money! But he gave me such a great price compared to local dealers I'm still way ahead even with travel expenses.
Nice. Don't forget that tread lightly discount all applies to other places...like tires for example. :)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Users who are viewing this thread