5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Teddy

Reaction score
Interesting. Couple of things that have me wondering how true all of this information is (it's not that I don't believe YOU, I'm skeptical of the information you were given):
  • August 26th is a Thursday. Seems like a very odd date to start production on the new model year. JULY 26th is the first day after the planned shutdown, and is a Monday. So I'm wondering if he really meant July 26th. This might be wishful thinking on my part.
  • Your dealer is saying September/October for your build. I know that the trucks won't be built sequentially like my spreadsheet assumes, but even if it did, I'm already optimistically showing your truck in early September. So realistically, even my spreadsheet should be putting you in that September/October range. If the start of production is really on August 26th, there's no way in hell that you'd be getting your truck in September...even October is probably a stretch.
  • Not sure who your dealer is, but I wonder what this chart is. My dealer appears to know far less about 2022 production than this forum does. Does your dealer have some secret insider-only information, or is he just doing what we're doing and making wild assumptions?
I'm obviously hoping that he's dead wrong on this. But I suspect that my rose-colored-glasses spreadsheet is also dead wrong.

Last comment. Every effing thing you listed as a "supply constraint" item is on my build.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I just noted SKI ordered 7/12 and received, last 3, 124 vs. my 121. Maybe order actually went in 7/10. RDS

Teddy

Reaction score
Interesting. Couple of things that have me wondering how true all of this information is (it's not that I don't believe YOU, I'm skeptical of the information you were given):
  • August 26th is a Thursday. Seems like a very odd date to start production on the new model year. JULY 26th is the first day after the planned shutdown, and is a Monday. So I'm wondering if he really meant July 26th. This might be wishful thinking on my part.
  • Your dealer is saying September/October for your build. I know that the trucks won't be built sequentially like my spreadsheet assumes, but even if it did, I'm already optimistically showing your truck in early September. So realistically, even my spreadsheet should be putting you in that September/October range. If the start of production is really on August 26th, there's no way in hell that you'd be getting your truck in September...even October is probably a stretch.
  • Not sure who your dealer is, but I wonder what this chart is. My dealer appears to know far less about 2022 production than this forum does. Does your dealer have some secret insider-only information, or is he just doing what we're doing and making wild assumptions?
I'm obviously hoping that he's dead wrong on this. But I suspect that my rose-colored-glasses spreadsheet is also dead wrong.

Last comment. Every effing thing you listed as a "supply constraint" item is on my build. :(
Posted this in the wrong spot***

It’s probably the latter- remember he was the guy that told me I’d have it by mid August. I will give him this though, he always seems pretty confident in his responses. Lol. In the Corps we had a saying, “ if you can’t beat’em with the truth, flatter them with bs.” Lol
As far as the constraints we’re in the same boat. Hope he’s wrong but who knows…

Teddy

Reaction score
For anyone interested, you can check the supplier constraints on Donlen, per your trim level. Donlen.com/manufacturer-updates/Chrysler-trucks-production-updates. The list I’m currently viewing was last updated 5-21 and is for MY 21.

At the top of the page click resources and it’s pretty self explanatory from there.

Last edited:

Teddy

Reaction score
@Eighty looks like you’re pretty close in regards to plant down time as well. Donlen is showing to week 7/19 and their schedule was updated 7/16/21.

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Do we get the building sheet before (now) or is that something that's comes along shortly before it's starting to be built?

deanno33

Reaction score
Eighty**
VIN is 121826. Ordered 7/9. BackCountry. Looking to get added to the spreadsheet. Thank you!

Limited2021

Reaction score
Went in yesterday to order a new truck and my dealer said the only thing he could order was the 10th anniversary Limited. He was not able to put in a 2022 order for just the regular limited. Not sure why because it looks like a lot of you haver ordered your trucks already.

thenachobro

Reaction score
Went in yesterday to order a new truck and my dealer said the only thing he could order was the 10th anniversary Limited. He was not able to put in a 2022 order for just the regular limited. Not sure why because it looks like a lot of you haver ordered your trucks already.
Either they are pulling your leg or Stellantis is only accepting certain orders due to parts shortage. Either way, call another dealership and see if they are accepting all orders or not. That is if you don't want the one you ordered. I am in eastern Iowa and I ordered a 2022 Rebel back in May.

Limited2021

Reaction score
Either they are pulling your leg or Stellantis is only accepting certain orders due to parts shortage. Either way, call another dealership and see if they are accepting all orders or not. That is if you don't want the one you ordered. I am in eastern Iowa and I ordered a 2022 Rebel back in May.

That's good to know. I thought maybe it was just to sell the new 10th anniversary first. I'll keep trying then.

Reaction score
I'll echo some of the other comments. Try a different dealer or call around. I was able to order a 2022 Limited over the weekend. The order officially went in Monday morning. I was told by sales person it is allocated and into the 1st status, whatever that means. So I either got lucky, or your dealer has different agenda.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll echo some of the other comments. Try a different dealer or call around. I was able to order a 2022 Limited over the weekend. The order officially went in Monday morning. I was told by sales person it is allocated and into the 1st status, whatever that means. So I either got lucky, or your dealer has different agenda.
I assume that they meant that the status is "1-Sold Order", which is good. The status can range (as far as I know) all the way to 99, which means "good luck".

EDIT: I think "99" actually means something different (employee order). But other than that, the higher the number, the lower the priority. I think. I remember seeing "07" somewhere meaning a dealer order (which is lower priority).

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats! You'll probably have a VIN in a couple of days. Sold orders go in as Build Priority 01, they get built before orders just going to dealers as inventory (in theory). You'll be in D status for a while, which just means the order was accepted and you got the VIN. If you have the VON, hit up RAM customer service chat and get your VIN, then I would hit the dealer up to get a new POC (Priced Order Confirmation), it'll have all the packages and selections you made.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I assume that they meant that the status is "1-Sold Order", which is good. The status can range (as far as I know) all the way to 99, which means "good luck".

EDIT: I think "99" actually means something different (employee order). But other than that, the higher the number, the lower the priority. I think. I remember seeing "07" somewhere meaning a dealer order (which is lower priority).
When I placed my order it was 99, once I got a VIN it changed to 01. So I'm guessing 99 is just POC, not actually ordered yet, and 01 is sold customer order once the order is confirmed.
That's what it seems like anyway.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I placed my order it was 99, once I got a VIN it changed to 01. So I'm guessing 99 is just POC, not actually ordered yet, and 01 is sold customer order once the order is confirmed.
That's what it seems like anyway.
Yeah, that was my understanding (basically it's an order that hasn't been accepted yet). But then I found some information on the Jeep forums that also stated that 99 means an employee order. Who knows...

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that was my understanding (basically it's an order that hasn't been accepted yet). But then I found some information on the Jeep forums that also stated that 99 means an employee order. Who knows...

That is exactly what happened to me. I have my original order…I showed 99 then changed priority to 1 once it was a confirmed order and vin was available a couple days later.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online