5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

RockJock

Reaction score
Whoever was wondering about Tech Group a page or 2 back.. my August 2nd order Limited with Level 1 was changed after order to include Tech with Level 1.

Attachments

• 20210917_104622.jpg
    20210917_104622.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 43

Mathis35

Reaction score
Can anyone tell if the back country edition is only two tone paint color or can you get the package in one standard paint color? My wife wants her own ram.
It's only two tone (have to have black on the bottom and can't order it in black to match.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies….. I think I’ll just go for it. $100 for a backup plan is a no brainer…. Funny though, even at invoice this truck will $10k more than my 2019 Limited, man I sure miss when they were giving these truck away (so to speak cause I’m still in shock that we’re all ok with paying $60k plus for a half ton 😂 I paid less than this for a fully loaded diesel 1 ton in 2005. )
Everything always gets more expensive never less.

And "fully loaded" means more now than it used to. Though whether packing these trucks with tons of computer-based convenience and technology features is a good thing or not is open for debate.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone tell if the back country edition is only two tone paint color or can you get the package in one standard paint color? My wife wants her own ram.

Good question. My understanding is that most folks get the 2 tone paint. I haven’t ran into anyone asking for the back country and not get the 2 tone. I’m guess it’s possible, but only the dealer would know if you can get it with just a single paint job.

Until the Ram website is updated to show 2022 models, the nada website does have the option to select mono, or 2 paint options.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Mathis35

Reaction score
Good question. My understanding is that most folks get the 2 tone paint. I haven’t ran into anyone asking for the back country and not get the 2 tone. I’m guess it’s possible, but only the dealer would know if you can get it with just a single paint job.

Until the Ram website is updated to show 2022 models, the nada website does have the option to select mono, or 2 paint options.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Screenshot_20210917-111653_Chrome.jpg
Two tone is required with back country package. I tried to order with no lower two tone when I ordered mine and it wouldn't let my dealer select that option.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 105698
Two tone is required with back country package. I tried to order with no lower two tone when I ordered mine and it wouldn't let my dealer select that option.

Only exception is if you get black as the top color…lol

Edited…. Black is not available…as well as max steel. For this package…weird…but I get it.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Mathis35

Reaction score
Only exception is if you get black as the top color…lol

Edited…. Black is not available…as well as max steel. For this package…weird…but I get it.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Screenshot_20210917-112426_Chrome.jpg
Not an option lol. Nice try though :)

dmerrell

Reaction score
Because that option doesn’t exist any more. Not sure when your order was made vs. accepted (might have been right on the bubble of the change) but this may be some evidence that orders made before the option deletion are getting changed.
My order date was 06/24

dmerrell

Reaction score
Are you a Limited order? They included the Tech Group with Limited Level 1 and dropped it from the other trims other than BigHorn I believe.
Yes im getting the Limited with level 1 option, whew, Thank you

dmerrell

Reaction score
Because that option doesn’t exist any more. Not sure when your order was made vs. accepted (might have been right on the bubble of the change) but this may be some evidence that orders made before the option deletion are getting changed.
I order it on 6/24 Limited with Level 1 Equipment group that the technology group was added to.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
My truck is now in JB status which is apparently ship to storage. Dealer said its being stored for delivery or waiting on something that they might have a shortage on. There is estimated ship date moved from 9/18 to 9/22

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
My truck is now in JB status which is apparently ship to storage. Dealer said its being stored for delivery or waiting on something that they might have a shortage on. There is estimated ship date moved from 9/18 to 9/22
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought "JB" meant the vehicle was sent to the upfit center for customization (i.e., spray-in bed liner, tonneau cover, etc.). If not, I really don't like the idea of vehicles being "stored," as that conjures up images of the Ford Specials.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought "JB" meant the vehicle was sent to the upfit center for customization (i.e., spray-in bed liner, tonneau cover, etc.). If not, I really don't like the idea of vehicles being "stored," as that conjures up images of the Ford Specials.
Perhaps "stored" just means, "hanging out in the corner for a bit until it's that truck's turn/space for a bed liner"

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
there are two JB listed on the link here, the second defines the first

it would help if we were told more information to know which JB it is.
in any case JB is not storage. according to the link provided.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread