5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
what does that mean.
Work in process, you assume the production cycle is MAKING everything they start today, if the build timeline is 48 hours then the body shop where the panels are welded is working on trucks two days ahead of final inspection, the clump of 2400ish trucks that make up the middle between not started and finished are considered Work in process. So if they actually did turn out 500 2022s during first shift then they did IN FACT start builds for them on 9/11 and they spent the last two days traveling through the build process. Conversely if they just started building 2022 today you won't see them actually roll off the assembly line until Wednesday

Last edited:

DesertRat

Reaction score
I configured a truck like I wanted on the RAM site and it came out to 50K and some change. Is that MSRP and what I would pay if I ordered the truck from a dealer, or could I get additional discounts and money off? I configured a 2021, but the question still applies. Thank you

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Yes, this is correct on the color. The unit at the C.A.S. in that YouTube video is most definitely Patriot Blue and not Blue Shade. The VIN: 1C6SRFHM0NN100139 Build Sheet most definitely has Patriot listed verbally as well as paint code. There was another user that believes they found the proper paint code and it is actually a color that FCA/Stellantis has used in the past on some Dodge and Jeep models. I'll try to find that and edit this post with that info when I find it.

There is also a Product (RED) Limited coming in bright red but there have been no official announcements or marketing shots shown of it either. Supplier issues are wreaking havoc with all industries and Stellantis is not immune. My build so far (knock on wood) has had only one omission (TTPMS) that I'm not thrilled with but does have a remedy to correct once I get the truck. Some others on here have not been so lucky. It's a crap shoot, or ClusterF U C K as many have already pointed out. Grab the reins and HOLD ON....it's going to be a wild ride!!

EDIT: I found the user who deserves the credit for the detective work on Blue Shade: @cjgerson . Paint code is: PBF supposedly. It should look like this:

View attachment 105297

Patriot Blue is a beautiful shade of cobalt-like blue and this Blue Shade I believe would also look incredible on the RAM. I'm glad to see them putting some alternative colors on the trucks as for the most part the color palette has been the same since 2019. I would like to see some more variance of colors available-even a "custom color" option for a significant fee as long as it is a current available Stellantis color from any sub-brand/model/trim. The copper color they did on the Gen4 was awesome!!
I stopped at my dealer today to get my oil changed in my 2010 Mariner (my backup ride until new truck comes in). I asked about Blue Shade Pearl. He said it can be selected now and truly is limited to the Limited 10th Anniversary for MY22 only. I asked about editing my order to that color and he said out of the question. It would seem that they don't want to rock the boat with RAM either. I told him no big deal and that it was OK. He said they were at 6 custom ordered trucks which was 3 times more than they've ever had before. None in D1 status yet. He kindly reminded me I didn't need to bug them as part of the new vehicle sales manager's daily routine was checking order status. HE wants to be the first to tell me updates on my truck. I told him challenge accepted!! 🤣🤣

Mexd781

Reaction score
I configured a truck like I wanted on the RAM site and it came out to 50K and some change. Is that MSRP and what I would pay if I ordered the truck from a dealer, or could I get additional discounts and money off? I configured a 2021, but the question still applies. Thank you
Take a few minutes to read this thread. Probably best thread on the board

Surfnurse311

Reaction score
My sales guy updated me today ship date was updated from 9/8 to 9/17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Work in process, you assume the production cycle is MAKING everything they start today, if the build timeline is 48 hours then the body shop where the panels are welded is working on trucks two days ahead of final inspection, the clump of 2400ish trucks that make up the middle between not started and finished are considered Work in process. So if they actually did turn out 500 2022s during first shift then they did IN FACT start builds for them on 9/11 and they spent the last two days traveling through the build process. Conversely if they just started building 2022 today you won't see them actually roll off the assembly line until Wednesday
I second this motion. Raw steel sheets going through stamping, etc. & getting through 🎨 takes a bit of time....

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
so what does the assembly workers do in the mean time?
sit in the break room?

until someone from the plant better explains it I do not see how what you say can be correct.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
that is msrp you work from there.
Best bet is to also build it at nada.com shows invoice price.

Last edited:

Fliphappy

Reaction score
sit in the break room?

until someone from the plant better explains it I do not see how what you say can be correct.
I’m not sure what there is to not understand. It’s a production line, there are always trucks going through the line. A truck leaves your station, the next one comes in. That one came through the person before you, and so in. That’s how a production line works. It’s not like 500 trusts are all started, then worked through until those 500 are done, then they start the next batch of 500. You start one, then the next, then the next, in a line. From the start of the first one through the end of that first one, it takes about 48 hours. But that doesn’t mean they’re not working on the other 499+ at the same time.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sit in the break room?

There seems to be some kind of disconnect in the thought process here. Picture it like this. The factory needs to turn out 1200 trucks a day. There are three shifts, so each shift needs to produce 400. That’s 50/hour (or roughly one per minute).
In any given shift, the paint guys are painting 400 trucks. The trim guys are installing 400 trucks’ worth of trim. It’s a rolling process.
A truck will go through several stations before it’s done, and it may be 48 hours. But one minute later, another truck is done. And another minute later, another truck is done.

brenan00

Reaction score
Yes to all, a bunch of threads on how to do it. Use search, “best price from msrp.”

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
There seems to be some kind of disconnect in the thought process here. Picture it like this. The factory needs to turn out 1200 trucks a day. There are three shifts, so each shift needs to produce 400. That’s 50/hour (or roughly one per minute).
In any given shift, the paint guys are painting 400 trucks. The trim guys are installing 400 trucks’ worth of trim. It’s a rolling process.
A truck will go through several stations before it’s done, and it may be 48 hours. But one minute later, another truck is done. And another minute later, another truck is done.
ya there is a disconnect I understand the production perfectly.

you or someone else said the 21's were done sunday.
then they started on the 22's right away because you do not want assembly workers standing around
based on that no will see a 22 until tuesday (48 hours) night but someone else has already said 22 have been completed.

maybe i am not explaining it correct but i do understand production what has been posted here makes no since.
either 22's are completed or they are not.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ya there is a disconnect I understand the production perfectly.

you or someone else said the 21's were done sunday.
then they started on the 22's right away because you do not want assembly workers standing around
based on that no will see a 22 until tuesday (48 hours) night but someone else has already said 22 have been completed.

maybe i am not explaining it correct but i do understand production what has been posted here makes no since.
either 22's are completed or they are not.
I don’t think the 2021’s are done yet. On the TRX forum, triple_B reported 259 build sheets today (for TRX’s). So they’re still finishing the 2021’s as they roll into the 2022’s.
And keep in mind that the parts are 99.9% the same. So in my mind, the only difference is slapping in a different radio and a few other new parts, and calling it a 2022.
Going from 2021 to 2022 production is a process, not an event. There was no major retooling that had to be done.
We will know for sure tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread