5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Daily update for new additions (@Jtbarrett88, @Afrojim2009, @Montag84, @Usmc041127). I'm sticking with the 9/13 start-of-production date, and will start updating "actual" build dates as we see the Build Sheets come in. I haven't found any (yet), but haven't done a lot of looking. Waiting to hear from @triple_B to see if his morning scan uncovered any build sheets.

1631624886735.png

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question about total time to delivery once production starts that I think I've either missed or forgotten in all of this conversation. Tell me where I'm wrong in this thinking for the FASTEST possible way you get your vehicle. Let's say the first truck started yesterday. It rolls off the assembly line tomorrow. Then it goes for inspection. It passes inspection. It get queued up for transport and waits for other trucks headed the same direction. Once its queued up, realistically its at least 3 weeks until it gets to the dealer, gets unloaded, goes through dealer inspection, gets "detailed" and is available for the buyer to take delivery? So all in all the FASTEST the trucks started yesterday are presented for pickup is 3 weeks?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it all takes me from an MRSP of $72,980 to $63,114 including doc fee/temp tag/notary fee from MD. In this market, I'll freaking take nearly 10K off. I'm not expecting any other Manufacturer Rebates either.
That's a killer deal man. I'd say that's pretty solid even under "normal" industry/economy standards.

Mine was MSRP $71,355 down to $64,400., so $7K. Plus they gave me a good deal on my trade-in so I'm only paying $36.5K including all taxes and fees (cash, car payments scare me). I'll take that with a smile and a handshake.

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
That's a killer deal man. I'd say that's pretty solid even under "normal" industry/economy standards.

Mine was MSRP $71,355 down to $64,400., so $7K. Plus they gave me a good deal on my trade-in so I'm only paying $36.5K including all taxes and fees (cash, car payments scare me). I'll take that with a smile and a handshake.
Sounds like they gave you EP pricing. My Rebel MSRP was 69.7k and my EP is $62.2k.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Most definitely. From what I gathered doing general research on what constitutes a "good deal", invoice pricing really is the MOST anyone should pay for a vehicle. Invoice means different things with different manufacturers. Not everyone has true employee pricing and a lot of times EP is just invoice, and even with invoice pricing there is hold back built in that the dealer makes as profit that doesn't include dealer bonuses for the dealership from the manufacturer.

Basically, for something like FCA, paying invoice is definitely the most you should pay and even at paying EP pricing, there is still plenty of benefit for all parties involved.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most definitely. From what I gathered doing general research on what constitutes a "good deal", invoice pricing really is the MOST anyone should pay for a vehicle. Invoice means different things with different manufacturers. Not everyone has true employee pricing and a lot of times EP is just invoice, and even with invoice pricing there is hold back built in that the dealer makes as profit that doesn't include dealer bonuses for the dealership from the manufacturer.

Basically, for something like FCA, paying invoice is definitely the most you should pay and even at paying EP pricing, there is still plenty of benefit for all parties involved.
Agreed. I will never pay more than invoice for a vehicle ever again, now that I know the realities behind this stuff.

If I'm really lucky, my truck will arrive right around Christmastime and I may get some sort of minor additional incentive, but I am satisfied with that I ended up with. Now I just need the truck that goes along with the solid deal in...not 10 months lol.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score

I agree with all of that. We should be paying invoice because there is still dealer profit at that price point. I hate all the numbers games the dealers try and play. This was going to be the only time I didn't pay invoice or below before I found the Tread Lightly. I had no issues with the previous 4 cars I purchased new dealing with the online sales guy. Granted it was a different time and people I know who talked to one guy I used to deal with said now he is even holding MSRP because of low volume.

Doing some research for my next car replacement and I found some companies invoices are a lot closer to the MSPR. Like the BMW I was looking at had around a 4% price difference in MSRP and invoice. That is only a few thousand dollars. Considering the difference in invoice and MSRP for my new Ram is about 10%. I honestly expected the luxury brands to be more.

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
I'm blessed to be in a position to pay cash and I felt obligated to make sure I was getting the best price possible. I did a ton of research, and luckily someone else on another forum redirected me to this thread. You might still come out on top if you cancel your order, lose the deposit and order again through MD or another volume dealership. I'm looking at my POC right now and the difference between 1% below invoice and my pricing (with the extra $500 off) is $3150.66. I'll spend about $400 on a flight and I'm budgeting $100 on a tank of gas so I'm saving over $2600 by doing a fly and drive (it's about 8 hours home) over dealing with a local dealership, which none of I'm confident would actually honor that affiliate discount in the end...unfortunately.

If for some reason I need a nap since all the flights out of Birmingham put me at MD in the early afternoon at the earliest, well, that's what Wal-Mart parking lots are for 😛

I thought of that but the difference I may get is not worth trading my spot in line. I have to get rid of my current rig by April and if I cancel who knows what will happen.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with all of that. We should be paying invoice because there is still dealer profit at that price point. I hate all the numbers games the dealers try and play. This was going to be the only time I didn't pay invoice or below before I found the Tread Lightly. I had no issues with the previous 4 cars I purchased new dealing with the online sales guy. Granted it was a different time and people I know who talked to one guy I used to deal with said now he is even holding MSRP because of low volume.

Doing some research for my next car replacement and I found some companies invoices are a lot closer to the MSPR. Like the BMW I was looking at had around a 4% price difference in MSRP and invoice. That is only a few thousand dollars. Considering the difference in invoice and MSRP for my new Ram is about 10%. I honestly expected the luxury brands to be more.
Ram has been treating us pretty well all things considered. Someone else said it but especially if you're getting a Limited (or Longhorn, or fully a loaded Rebel or Laramie even), it's really a full luxury-level sedan/SUV with a pickup bed sticking out the back of it (and a much more satisfying powertrain than the majority of those), and for less money than most of those equivalent vehicles. Now let's hope the quality/longevity is there (also something they've been doing better with in recent years).

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know I'm new to all of this, but looking at the awesome charting @Eighty is doing I'm starting to think we may not see build sheets this week. If that big block of mystery vins around 6/10 - 6/13 really are converted 2021 orders to 2022 models, it stands to reason that SHAP is doing those first. I wonder if the first build sheets will be for our Canadian brother's that had their orders converted to '22's?

Nick57

Reaction score
I have a question about total time to delivery once production starts that I think I've either missed or forgotten in all of this conversation. Tell me where I'm wrong in this thinking for the FASTEST possible way you get your vehicle. Let's say the first truck started yesterday. It rolls off the assembly line tomorrow. Then it goes for inspection. It passes inspection. It get queued up for transport and waits for other trucks headed the same direction. Once its queued up, realistically its at least 3 weeks until it gets to the dealer, gets unloaded, goes through dealer inspection, gets "detailed" and is available for the buyer to take delivery? So all in all the FASTEST the trucks started yesterday are presented for pickup is 3 weeks?
depends on where you're at vs where your truck is being assembled vs where other trucks are going and which dealer you bought your truck through. I had my truck 3 days after it was built. I thought I was going to be waiting 2-3 weeks.

Gr8dane

Reaction score
I know I'm new to all of this, but looking at the awesome charting @Eighty is doing I'm starting to think we may not see build sheets this week. If that big block of mystery vins around 6/10 - 6/13 really are converted 2021 orders to 2022 models, it stands to reason that SHAP is doing those first. I wonder if the first build sheets will be for our Canadian brother's that had their orders converted to '22's?
Please let that be the case lol.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Ram has been treating us pretty well all things considered. Someone else said it but especially if you're getting a Limited (or Longhorn, or fully a loaded Rebel or Laramie even), it's really a full luxury-level sedan/SUV with a pickup bed sticking out the back of it (and a much more satisfying powertrain than the majority of those), and for less money than most of those equivalent vehicles. Now let's hope the quality/longevity is there (also something they've been doing better with in recent years).
I guess it was closer to about 5% when I looked at the base stripped down model for a Ram 1500. But the BMW I was pricing out wasn't a base model, it was something in the M line that costs new more than my 2022 well optioned limited. I guess I just would have expected the BMW to be closer to the 10% mark if that is where Ram was.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I wonder what kinda of deal you could get at Jim Riehl's Chrysler Jeep 2 1/2 mile's down the street from SHAP ? At least save the 1,600 shipping cost.
The shipping cost is for the parts to get to the plant. Not delivery of the truck to the dealer.
So even if you went to the plant to pickup the new truck they would not deduct the shipping fee.

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
The shipping cost is for the parts to get to the plant. Not delivery of the truck to the dealer.
So even if you went to the plant to pickup the new truck they would not deduct the shipping fee.
This is not true. The inbound freight is considered in the cost of the vehicle. The destination charge is the cost to go from the plant to the dealer. It is one cost regardless of location so us in Michigan lose out, but those in Washington win.

Randboye

Reaction score
This is not true. The inbound freight is considered in the cost of the vehicle. The destination charge is the cost to go from the plant to the dealer. It is one cost regardless of location so us in Michigan lose out, but those in Washington win.
That's what I always thought, they just average out the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread