5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

DTol

Reaction score
Given that the 500 were reported mid-day, I’d have to guess first shift. On a normal day, they produce 1200-1300 trucks.
Just be patient.
Thanks for the comeback. I am pretty patient, however, it's nice to have some clarity on what is reported here. Helps to reduce the confusion. You do an awesome job. The report posted earlier today that I was referring to just said that 500 were built today. Left a lot of questions, at least for me. 500 per shift is better news than 500 for the day. Everyone can be happier now.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
doesn't the third shift report at midnight monday morning?

1st shift 7 am to 3:30 pm
2nd shift 3:30 to midnight
3rd shift midnight to 7am
But you have to realize that truck doesn’t get fully produced in a single shift. It won’t go through frame, paint, and trim in 8 hours. If they’ve produced trucks by this afternoon, then it didn’t start at 7am.

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
Does this mean 500 the first shift, or 500 for all three shifts. Still another shift to go for

But you have to realize that truck doesn’t get fully produced in a single shift. It won’t go through frame, paint, and trim in 8 hours. If they’ve produced trucks by this afternoon, then it didn’t start at 7am.
Correct. The actual production on the first 500 started Sunday night into Monday morning.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
why doesn't?
they have to do 1200 each day, 50 an hour to get 6000 over five days.

I was always told the frame and paint are ahead of the actual assembly, just like the dash, engine, tranny, differential etc.

when the plant shut down a while ago that was assembly not every place where other things are made were shut down.

Last edited:

patmd

Reaction score
Tread Lightly is $100/year. It gets you 1% under invoice but not all dealers are accepting it. Apparently at Mark Dodge it is getting you an extra $500 off their discount. My dealer in FL gave me 7% below invoice if I signed up for it.
Who is your dealer in Florida?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
why doesn't?
they have to do 1200 each shift to get 6000 over five days.

I was always told the frame and paint are ahead of the actual assembly, just like the dash, engine, tranny, differential etc.

when the plant shut down a while ago that was assembly not every place where other things are made were shut down.
Last week, the plant had to shut down because cabs weren’t coming out of paint. Brought everything behind it to a stop.
But conversely, a shortage of - I don’t know, tonneau covers - wouldn’t stop production. So it all depends on what the problem is.
But I don’t understand why you’d think they have to produce 1200 per shift to make 6000/week. If they’re running three shifts, then then only need to produce 400/shift to make 1200/day (or 6000/week on a 5-day week).

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Last week, the plant had to shut down because cabs weren’t coming out of paint. Brought everything behind it to a stop.
But conversely, a shortage of - I don’t know, tonneau covers - wouldn’t stop production. So it all depends on what the problem is.
But I don’t understand why you’d think they have to produce 1200 per shift to make 6000/week. If they’re running three shifts, then then only need to produce 400/shift to make 1200/day (or 6000/week on a 5-day week).
fixed it.

and they just worked 3 shifts on saturday and a shift on sunday they had to have parts. you can not have the assemblers waiting for paint to dry.

Last edited:

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Finally got my VIN today from the dealership. Ordered 22 Laramie, granite gray. Sport appearance. It’s Like pulling teeth sometimes from the dealership. Ordered 7/6. 1C6SRFJT9NN121185. how early is that compared to some of the others? Did they take away or add anything to the Laramie? I’m pissed blind spot and cross path was not able to be ordered. Yet price of truck certainly didn’t drop

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Finally got my VIN today from the dealership. Ordered 22 Laramie, granite gray. Sport appearance. It’s Like pulling teeth sometimes from the dealership. Ordered 7/6. 1C6SRFJT9NN121185. how early is that compared to some of the others? Did they take away or add anything to the Laramie? I’m pissed blind pot and cross path was not able to be ordered. Yet price of truck certainly didn’t drop
didn't you contact ram chat?

with a VON they could have email your VIN or just told you.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got my VIN today from the dealership. Ordered 22 Laramie, granite gray. Sport appearance. It’s Like pulling teeth sometimes from the dealership. Ordered 7/6. 1C6SRFJT9NN121185. how early is that compared to some of the others? Did they take away or add anything to the Laramie? I’m pissed blind pot and cross path was not able to be ordered. Yet price of truck certainly didn’t drop
Your VIN fits the timeline of 7/6. So it went into the system pretty quickly. You’re at 121,000, with orders starting at 100,000 (and they’re currently at 172,000).
I’ll add you to the tracker, and you’ll see where you fall on the theoretical curve tomorrow morning.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Your VIN fits the timeline of 7/6. So it went into the system pretty quickly. You’re at 121,000, with orders starting at 100,000 (and they’re currently at 172,000).
I’ll add you to the tracker, and you’ll see where you fall on the theoretical curve tomorrow morning.
Hey thanks! I tried to use the build sheet and window sticker site, but says it’s not available for my VIN yet. Honestly I didn’t know about the Ram chat thing till I started reading the 155 pages of this forum 😂

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My other question no one has picked up on yet is, is the 500 completed trucks reported earlier just for the first shift or not real?
If they're shooting for 1000/day, I'm going to assume that was just one shift. Also, since that was posted midday, there's a whole night shift worth of work.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pre production trucks destined for the crusher usually get stripped first. I picked up an SRT interior for a Durango before they were really out. I asked how he got it and he said his company had some sort of contract or something where they stripped everything out before it got crushed. Sounds like just the sheet metal gets turned into pop cans. Check eBay and see if there is anything for a 2022 1500. That said, they may be keeping as much as possible due to the supply issues.

Users who are viewing this thread