5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Limited 1500 Ram broke down

Rammmer

Reaction score
Wow. Crazy picture. How long have you been without the truck?

My truck was shipped with a defective air suspension system and it now looks like I'll be without it for over 2 weeks until the part comes in and it's repaired with hopefully no further work needed.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully they got a new intake for you. One of my coworkers didn't order an intake for a 2022 he is replacing the engine in. No ETA for intake manifold. This truck was towed in on 7/11, engine ordered 7/13, engine arrived 8/30.

Gillytickle

Reaction score
Hopefully they got a new intake for you. One of my coworkers didn't order an intake for a 2022 he is replacing the engine in. No ETA for intake manifold. This truck was towed in on 7/11, engine ordered 7/13, engine arrived 8/30.
The service manager told me that the new motor didn't come with one and that they'll need a new one. I believe they got that handled.

RedFred

Reaction score
Another 2022 that needs a new motor?

RedFred

Reaction score
Yup, looks like it dropped a valve.
Not good. Not Ram related but close enough, a friend of mine just bought his son a slightly used 2021 Jeep Rubicon last month that's already back at the dealer in need of a new motor. Also, going back a couple of years, I have 2 friends that needed new motors in their 4th gen Rams, one was a diesel and the other a hemi. I have been fortunate with all my cars, and never needed a motor replaced. But knowing people who have, and reading these other stories, doesn't give me a feel good feeling.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Not good. Not Ram related but close enough, a friend of mine just bought his son a slightly used 2021 Jeep Rubicon last month that's already back at the dealer in need of a new motor. Also, going back a couple of years, I have 2 friends that needed new motors in their 4th gen Rams, one was a diesel and the other a hemi. I have been fortunate with all my cars, and never needed a motor replaced. But knowing people who have, and reading these other stories, doesn't give me a feel good feeling.

While I feel for the OP because a broken engine would totally suck, manufacturing defects happen - that's why warranties exist. Your sample size is too small to be meaningful. FCA/Stellantis has made millions of the current generation V6/V8 engines. Forums like this are lightning rods for newbies with problems who otherwise never would've registered to be a member. No one comes here to brag how their engine hasn't dropped a valve.

BTW, I'm at 1700 miles on my 5.7 and it hasn't dropped a valve. :cool:

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Open a Lemon Law case immediately. With persistence, you will win a new truck. They will push back hard and intimidate you, but if you keep pressing a Lemon Law they eventually fold.
Use the grounds of safety, that the body has been disconnected from the chassis and you do not feel the truck will ever be as safe as it was assembled from the Factory.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah doubt that’s going to work.. defects happen… it’s a mass produced vehicle. You’ll hear about one or two guys who had an issue and ignore the million that don’t. That’s a forum for you the ones that don’t have issues don’t post that they don’t have issues… gotta give the manufacturer a chance/chances to fix those issues before you go blowing your lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
While I feel for the OP because a broken engine would totally suck, manufacturing defects happen - that's why warranties exist. Your sample size is too small to be meaningful. FCA/Stellantis has made millions of the current generation V6/V8 engines. Forums like this are lightning rods for newbies with problems who otherwise never would've registered to be a member. No one comes here to brag how their engine hasn't dropped a valve.

Add me to the list. 3rd Ram I've owned, never dropped a valve :p

(now watch, it'll grenade this Holiday weekend :ROFLMAO:)

Gillytickle

Reaction score
Open a Lemon Law case immediately. With persistence, you will win a new truck. They will push back hard and intimidate you, but if you keep pressing a Lemon Law they eventually fold.
Use the grounds of safety, that the body has been disconnected from the chassis and you do not feel the truck will ever be as safe as it was assembled from the

Add me to the list. 3rd Ram I've owned, never dropped a valve :p

(now watch, it'll grenade this Holiday weekend :ROFLMAO:)
Better hope not, these hemis are on backorder! Lol

LiveWire

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 Jeep, motor threw a rod at 4500miles, service manager said it wouldnt be covered under warranty because i didnt "keep the oil filled up, its just like gas"...
I said well that sucks, you better talk to your sales department, because i traded it in yesterday. Bet they got it covered under warranty then...

RedFred

Reaction score

When I am talking about people I personally know, then the sample size is meaningful to me. I am not just talking about reading things on the forum, but real world experience. I shouldn't know 3 people with Chrysler products that needed their motors replaced. I am going to be purchasing my 3rd Ram soon, so I'm not hating on Ram or Chrysler, but quality control is not only good for the customer but also for the brand.

Gillytickle

Reaction score
Update:
Just got my truck back and been driving it for an hour; I'm not happy with the whole process it took to get to this point but the truck appears to be as it should.

RedFred

Reaction score
Update:
Just got my truck back and been driving it for an hour; I'm not happy with the whole process it took to get to this point but the truck appears to be as it should.
Nice. Congrats on getting it back and hanging in there this whole time. You took it and handled it much better than I would have. Hopefully all is well going forward. (y)

Gillytickle

Reaction score
The engine failed because the exhaust valve on cylinder 6 broke off and made contact with the piston, resulting in it's destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread