5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Limited 1500 Ram broke down

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the engine may be on backorder and no stock at any warehouse, but a dealer somewhere in the US may have 1 in stock, that is where they are probably getting it from.
They will pull from assembly lines as well.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
never seen that in my 16 yrs as a tech. If its not at any dealer and not at any warehouse or the factory, your SOL.
I 100% approve this message. It will never happen at Ram dealer. I have seen it from other car lines. I have an telematics box on order for a 2022 Pacifica for 5 months now. We just got 5 Pacificas in today that have the part I need. I am starting to feel bad for some of the customers.

RedFred

Reaction score
Any updates? Hopefully there has been some progress and the truck is closer to getting on the road.

Gillytickle

Reaction score
"RamCares" has been useless so far too. Not sure what they are doing behind the scenes but they have not told me a single thing.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
They wouldn't even respond to my tag on here. My dealer had me call the customer service number, and they "upgraded" my case, saying someone would contact me. Nothing. My truck broke down on July 15th. They keep pushing the ETA on the part. Now it's August 17th. RAM doesn't give a ****. Brand new trucks. Broken. Zero help from anyone. Can't even get a rental. I feel terrible I talked my dad into buying one. He picks it up next week.

Sportznut

Reaction score
It sounds like you will eventually qualify for lemon law which should give you some leverage/negotiating advantage.

Since you would like to keep the truck you specified a decent compromise might be for RAM to give you a factory backed extended warranty at no charge. I believe they go to 7 or 8 years.

At this point I probably wouldn't bug them or push them until you get past the lemon law deadline. What's the difference if they get it done in 28 days or 32 days? You will have more leverage if it's 32 days.

Either way, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gillytickle

Reaction score
So, thought I'd give an update.

Motor arrived Monday, goes in the truck this coming Monday.

Hope to get rid of this v6 classic rental and get my truck back soon!

Last edited:

RedFred

Reaction score
So, thought I'd give an update.

Motor arrived Monday, goes in the truck this coming Monday.

Hope to get rid of this v6 classic rental and get my truck back soon!

Sounds like we are getting close. (y)

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Piston disintegrated, but why? Seized wrist pin? Something got into the cylinder? Like a broken valve? Water? Did it bend the connecting rod? Do they have any theories?

Gillytickle

Reaction score
Piston disintegrated, but why? Seized wrist pin? Something got into the cylinder? Like a broken valve? Water? Did it bend the connecting rod? Do they have any theories?
Not really. 1500 mile truck so I'd assume it was just defective.

Users who are viewing this thread