5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 laramie 1500 5.7 rear oil seal leak 185 miles

lgb

Reaction score
called dealer and got the service manager and explained that i have a rear oil seal leak, he ask how i knew it was motor oil
and not transmission oil , i told him i know that the factory trans- fluid uses a die for leak detection and that i checked it with uv light and
it is not trans oil, and it is definitely not coming from above, then he agrees with me it is a high probability that it is a rear seal, and begins to tell me
the factory says that i have to put at least 2000 miles on the vehicle first before i can bring it in,wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i call another dealer and talk to the service manager
he laughed and said he has never heard of such BS...... how can i verify this?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
warranty for any customer starts the second they have signed the paperwork. whatever manager told you that probably was backed up with work and just fed you some BS to avoid you coming in.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there is a different nearby dealer, I'd take it in to them. Ditch your dealer, the service side seems untrustworthy.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
called dealer and got the service manager and explained that i have a rear oil seal leak, he ask how i knew it was motor oil
and not transmission oil , i told him i know that the factory trans- fluid uses a die for leak detection and that i checked it with uv light and
it is not trans oil, and it is definitely not coming from above, then he agrees with me it is a high probability that it is a rear seal, and begins to tell me
the factory says that i have to put at least 2000 miles on the vehicle first before i can bring it in,wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i call another dealer and talk to the service manager
Get that in writing, drive it, if the motor blows, then warranty can pay for a new one! I had a issue with my 19 ram, three different dealers, ram cares, but no only really cares! 8 trips to dealer in 10 months for the same issue, finally lemon lawed that B. The dealers and ram gave me the run around for sure. I was even told once, if your having that many issues, to trade it in, after owning it for 6 months! One dealer even refused me the opportunity to drive another new ram to compare it to mine. I was told just drive your truck there’s nothing wrong with, as is vibrated and wobbled down the road! Btw I’ve been accused of being negative on here🤷🏻‍♂️

lgb

Reaction score
called and ask for dealership manager, and was told he would call me back, still waiting, i also called ram support and it was a joke! you can't
get there from here, i feel this is the beginning of the end of product support as we use to know. sorry for being so negative, but i am really getting
tired of being jerked around and flat lied to by what are suppose to professional people, product support sucks!!!!

lgb

Reaction score
oh by the way and i don't care who knows if i get kicked out for it the dealership is LITHIA

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
called and ask for dealership manager, and was told he would call me back, still waiting, i also called ram support and it was a joke! you can't
get there from here, i feel this is the beginning of the end of product support as we use to know. sorry for being so negative, but i am really getting
tired of being jerked around and flat lied to by what are suppose to professional people, product support sucks!!!!
why are you even trying to call the dealer managers? Just make an appointment online for service and bring the truck in. No need to call anybody to explain your issue

lgb

Reaction score
what makes one think i wouldn't get the same results, lesson in futility

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just call the dealer, and make an appointment for leaky oil on a new truck. They can inspect it and go from there.

Then when the service manager calls, then you can get technical.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

lgb

Reaction score
yeah your right, i better start getting my ducks in order, and find out where this 2000 mile thing came from, and get it documented, and
if they are blowing smoke< they are getting this truck in for warranty and address this leak... i will let you know the out come. but it is going in.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah your right, i better start getting my ducks in order, and find out where this 2000 mile thing came from, and get it documented, and
if they are blowing smoke< they are getting this truck in for warranty and address this leak... i will let you know the out come. but it is going in.
stop overthinking it. make an appointment online or call the dealer and take it in. no need to get any ducks in order, your truck is under factory 3/36, they HAVE to fix your leak. the 2000 mile BS he told you was BS. I work in service, there is no such thing as wait until your vehicle hits a certain amount of miles before you bring it in to fix a leak. if your truck had 1 mile on it and something was leaking, they have to fix it.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi @red truck ,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If you are in need of additional support while in service, please let us know via PM. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance while in service.

Rob
Ram Cares

RC Turner

Reaction score
My advise is DO NOT analyze the problem. Tell the service people that your truck is leaking oil. Let them figure out where it is coming from. There are many places that could be the source of the leak. The thinking that because it isn't transmission fluid it must be a main seal is flawed. It could be coming from any number of places. Let them figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread