5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Wagoneer - Wow!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you not happen to see the interior? You could damn near live in that thing.

Sure it looks like you could live in it but that isn't a Base model. Your going to have to Pay to get that. The interior might look great but the exterior is what people 1st see. Would you want to go into a crappy looking home and see the interior? Lol probably not.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
While it has a gorgeous interior, the pricing is not only Escalade / Navigator territory, but also GLS / X7 level. Guess what, I’d pick a GLS550 over this any day.

Zig10

Reaction score
If the 2021 F150’s interior is any indication, the next Expedition should be very, very nice.
I may be in the minority, but I love the performance of the 3.5 TT EB.

Cheers,
2021 F150 still isn't as nice as the current gen Ram. I was in one the other day, and while it is better than the previous F150/Expedition, it still needs work.

Completely agree on the EB, though. My '18 Expedition is an absolute beast off the line towing my boat. That engine hits like a hammer when you get on the throttle. Can't say I have full faith in the longevity, but it is a pleasure to pull with.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
2021 F150 still isn't as nice as the current gen Ram. I was in one the other day, and while it is better than the previous F150/Expedition, it still needs work.

Completely agree on the EB, though. My '18 Expedition is an absolute beast off the line towing my boat. That engine hits like a hammer when you get on the throttle. Can't say I have full faith in the longevity, but it is a pleasure to pull with.
I know. I am talking about the next refresh which will be the ‘22 MY, and should be getting a redesign just like the ‘21 F150 did.

Boston

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it in dealerships. At 214 inches it’s much longer than the Durango, seven inches wider and got good towing numbers.

Confess I was hoping for new engines. Whatever happened to that large displacement turbo six?

TravisJ

Reaction score
I don’t think the outside is bad at all, looks like a luxury SUV...not my tastes, but it looks luxurious to me. The inside is insane to boot.

The problem isn’t the outside or inside, it is the name...JEEP. Now while I can’t afford a luxury SUV on this level (or want one), I think a lot of buying a $80k+ SUV is paying for the emblems on the front/back. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, etc.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
6.4? Why not make that an option in the trucks, obviously is doable, they put it in the GW, wonder what the retune is.
That aside, the GW/W looks really nice, 100K is in line with the new escalades and suburbans

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Hopefully when these hit the lots and don’t sell they crank out the rebates to get them more inline price wise. You don’t start competing with luxury brands with high prices right out the door... they need to get the name recognition away from off-roading only before they can command that price point. They’ve priced this above the srt GC, AND the GW is above the price on a trx! Yes the dealer markup on the trx carries it higher but sticker for sticker if I’m spending that money I’m getting the truck.

silver billet

Reaction score
While it has a gorgeous interior, the pricing is not only Escalade / Navigator territory, but also GLS / X7 level. Guess what, I’d pick a GLS550 over this any day.

What's the electronics like on a Mercededs these days? I've heard nothing but bad reports about German electronics after a few years. I would have no problem buying this Wagoneer based on my experience with the Grand Cherokee and now the Ram. But they need to drop the diesel in it first!

brewdad

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it in dealerships. At 214 inches it’s much longer than the Durango, seven inches wider and got good towing numbers.

Confess I was hoping for new engines. Whatever happened to that large displacement turbo six?
We already knew the Inline Turbo Six would not be offered when the Wagoneer was introduced; the inline six will be introduced later this year.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I think it looks amazing and if I had money to burn I would seriously consider it .

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that the starting MSRP for the Wagoneer is $59K for the entry-level trim, but that's still $10,000 more than both the Expedition & Tahoe's based MSRP.

Not sure that's a good idea, though I have to wait to compare trims and spec for spec options to see how close they really are.
1615690762557.png
Where are you seeing entry-level at $59k? I'm seeing $69k.

We already knew the Inline Turbo Six would not be offered when the Wagoneer was introduced; the inline six will be introduced later this year.
Glad to hear its coming later this year or so. Stellantis definitely needs something fresh to fight the EcoBoosts. They could, in theory, use the 6.4 to fight GM's 6.2 a bit, but it still doesn't solve EcoBoost problem.

6.4? Why not make that an option in the trucks, obviously is doable, they put it in the GW, wonder what the retune is.
That aside, the GW/W looks really nice, 100K is in line with the new escalades and suburbans
There are a couple threads about this. One of the best theories I've heard is if they offered a 6.4 in a higher volume vehicle like the Ram 1500, it would hurt their overall EPA numbers, meaning more expense with the Feds there. If they use it in a lower volume vehicle, like the Grand Wagoneer, it won't hurt them much (if at all). Plus, the Ram is selling well enough with the 5.7, and if a new engine is already in the works, throwing a 6.4 into the mix may not make sense from a management standpoint.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
View attachment 85620

Several mainstream car sites stated the MSRP for the series 1 is $59K, (the series 2 starts at $69K). There was also an FCA press kit that mentions that price as well, I suspect the website is actually off.

I'll try to find the Jeep press kit to confirm it. But every single recent article I read about it states $59,995 starting MSRP. Which if accurate, is still too much in my opinion to go against the Expedition & Tahoe, both of which start at $10,000 cheaper! I can't imagine if it's freaking $20,000 more expensive!!!

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
View attachment 85620

Glad to hear its coming later this year or so. Stellantis definitely needs something fresh to fight the EcoBoosts. They could, in theory, use the 6.4 to fight GM's 6.2 a bit, but it still doesn't solve EcoBoost problem.

There are a couple threads about this. One of the best theories I've heard is if they offered a 6.4 in a higher volume vehicle like the Ram 1500, it would hurt their overall EPA numbers, meaning more expense with the Feds there. If they use it in a lower volume vehicle, like the Grand Wagoneer, it won't hurt them much (if at all). Plus, the Ram is selling well enough with the 5.7, and if a new engine is already in the works, throwing a 6.4 into the mix may not make sense from a management standpoint.
The epa theory is the same as my own, hadn't seen those threads but that's been my thoughts also as FCA doesn't have a lot of high sales volume v6 and 4 cyl vehicles to help like GM and Ford do.

IDK about a new engine in the works, I'm a MOPAR guy and it's been a disappointing existence watching GM and Ford develop new gas engines while Chrysler at the time languished with the LA V8's.
The 5.7 HEMI was a "finally, you made it" welcome in 2002 then 2003 for the 1500 but they really haven't done anything since.
VVT and revised heads but nothing else so I have a hard time believing FCA is working on anything and the sad reality is that they wouldn't need to do much to improve the 5.7 beyond the performance of the 6.2.
I'd build a new set of heads, VVT has tremendously helped the HEMI as its intake ports are way too big and lazy for this bore. Reduce the intake port cross section of and increase the port velocity, this will greatly increase low speed torque then resign a cam to capitalize on the intake pressure waves which will promote high rpm cylinder filling. That with the existing VVT could easily be worth 50-60 fwhp and at least as much torque while increasing engine efficiency and fuel mileage.
I don't get why they use these huge a** ports at all

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EPA is the same reason the 6.4 costs $75,000 in a Wrangler. They would sell too many if it was more affordable.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I really looks like this was designed to me the next Chrysler Aspen and they decided to make it a Jeep at the last minute. The interior is beautiful !! That will draw people in, it definitely worked for RAM. I wasn't the biggest fan of the exterior but the Interior piqued my interest and the rest is history !

silver billet

Reaction score
I really looks like this was designed to me the next Chrysler Aspen and they decided to make it a Jeep at the last minute. The interior is beautiful !! That will draw people in, it definitely worked for RAM. I wasn't the biggest fan of the exterior but the Interior piqued my interest and the rest is history !

It was always going to be a Jeep. Back when I had my Grand Cherokee I was part of the forums there and the Grand Wagoneer has been rumoured for years now. It took much longer than it should have. Same with the new GC, that was supposed to be all new already several years ago too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online