5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GMC Sierra Truck Launch

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s nice. I know a lot of people don’t like GMC’s styling, but I love it. That new interior and a baby duramax make the truck a winner to me. I would definitely go for the denali ultimate.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s nice. I know a lot of people don’t like GMC’s styling, but I love it. That new interior and a baby duramax make the truck a winner to me. I would definitely go for the denali ultimate.
I agree. I look forward to seeing and driving one next Spring.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I love what they did with the front end. Really cleans up the styling. I don't love their tailgate - makes too many body lines for me. The interior is much nicer although I hate a console shifter in a truck. I can't wait to drive this and the new Silverado in the Spring so I can finally make a decision on a truck.

Nova90

Reaction score
2.7L turbo in full size truck...just can't get my head around that.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2.7L 4-cylinder at that. The 2.7L 6-cylinder in the Ford is a giant slayer however.

I have to say, all GM trucks were missing was a decent interior, looks like they could have the complete and total package now, factor in their wide range of engines and improved exterior, they may have the best trucks now.

That AT4X is essentially GMC's version of the upcoming Silverado ZR2. Front and rear locking diffs, electronically adjusting shocks, standard 6.2L. Though it costs as much as a well equipped Raptor or base model TRX, I don't think it's worth it at that price point however. But that would be my choice if I was going with a GMC.

Though I would wait to see what RAM comes up with with their refresh in 2023 model year.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. This might've been a competitor...although the Lightning and Hummer EV have my attention (with many more EVs to come).
I’m starting to feel the tinge of “paralysis by analysis” in that I don’t want to make any moves into an electric truck because there could be something better coming soon (as I did with the Lightning). It will be interesting to see how these ev truck wars play out.

Infrastructure-wise, the lack of abundant charging stations where I’m located are also a concern. Not for the reason people would think though, but because I rarely see available chargers- there are so many electric cars in the area that the regular spots are drive by daily seem to always have vehicles charging.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
2.7L turbo in full size truck...just can't get my head around that.
Well get your head around it. That engine, although small, is VERY mighty! The tech available today to produce huge HP and TQ in a small displacement engine is just crazy o_O

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
2.7L 4-cylinder at that. The 2.7L 6-cylinder in the Ford is a giant slayer however.

I have to say, all GM trucks were missing was a decent interior, looks like they could have the complete and total package now, factor in their wide range of engines and improved exterior, they may have the best trucks now.

That AT4X is essentially GMC's version of the upcoming Silverado ZR2. Front and rear locking diffs, electronically adjusting shocks, standard 6.2L. Though it costs as much as a well equipped Raptor or base model TRX, I don't think it's worth it at that price point however. But that would be my choice if I was going with a GMC.

Though I would wait to see what RAM comes up with with their refresh in 2023 model year.
My 2021 RAM was MSRP at $74K...I paid $59,500. Give it another 1.5-2 years and you will see the same on FORD, GMC and CHEVY. This chip shortage should ease up as we get deep into 2022 and early 2023. I am torn between the Denali Extreme with the BLACK PACKAGE and the AT4X. I am looking forward to seeing the new Tundra this winter and the GMC's in April. I still love RAM , but they are losing their edge and need to do something in 2023 to remain ahead of the pack!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Denali Ultimate looks nice, but the pricing is insane. It’s hard to say from just a few photos, but I might prefer it’s interior to the Ram. Maybe. Ram still has by far the best looking exterior in my eyes. Massage seats would be nice for road trips.

The AT4X is also interesting, but I’m sick of all black interiors. I’d like to see Ram do a “Rebel Extreme” or “TRX Lite” to compete with the ZR2/AT4X.

The exterior improved since the 2021 Sierra, and is much better than the Silverado, but as mentioned before, I still vastly prefer the Ram’s styling than any other truck.

PCHokie

Reaction score
The Denali Ultimate looks nice, but the pricing is insane. It’s hard to say from just a few photos, but I might prefer it’s interior to the Ram. Maybe. Ram still has by far the best looking exterior in my eyes. Massage seats would be nice for road trips.

The AT4X is also interesting, but I’m sick of all black interiors. I’d like to see Ram do a “Rebel Extreme” or “TRX Lite” to compete with the ZR2/AT4X.

The exterior improved since the 2021 Sierra, and is much better than the Silverado, but as mentioned before, I still vastly prefer the Ram’s styling than any other truck.
I still like the Ram interior more, but actually prefer the Sierra exterior. I'm coming from 19 Denali though and this will be my first Ram. I actually just got my WS yesterday. I also put down a reservation for Sierra Denali Ultimate. Super Cruise is what I really think will get me to either not accept delivery of my Ram or trade in 6 months when I can get my hands on the new Denali.

I really like this purple one with the vader chrome in this video.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn trucks are getting too expensive for my blood. Would love a new Denali with the babymax engine though. I had my heart set on one, until they didn't want to give me anything for my trade. I'm not disappointed at all though, love my RAM.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
My 2021 RAM was MSRP at $74K...I paid $59,500. Give it another 1.5-2 years and you will see the same on FORD, GMC and CHEVY. This chip shortage should ease up as we get deep into 2022 and early 2023. I am torn between the Denali Extreme with the BLACK PACKAGE and the AT4X. I am looking forward to seeing the new Tundra this winter and the GMC's in April. I still love RAM , but they are losing their edge and need to do something in 2023 to remain ahead of the pack!

That's true, if you can get the typical discounts for regular trucks (15% - 25%), then that pricing should be fine at least against the TRX/Raptor that typically don't get those discounts.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I still like the Ram interior more, but actually prefer the Sierra exterior. I'm coming from 19 Denali though and this will be my first Ram. I actually just got my WS yesterday. I also put down a reservation for Sierra Denali Ultimate. Super Cruise is what I really think will get me to either not accept delivery of my Ram or trade in 6 months when I can get my hands on the new Denali.

I really like this purple one with the vader chrome in this video.

I suppose for me, I don’t like big grilles and I cannot lie. Two things I really like about the Ram 1500 (particularly in Longhorn and Limited trims) are the grille and the single row headlights. The 1500 grille is far from small, but it bucks the trend of massive grilles that’s on everything from small sport coupes to crossovers to trucks.

The narrow headlights further downplay the Ram 1500 front end, in contrast to the stacked headlights on the F-150, Chevy/GMC, and the new reigning champion of ugly, the 2022 Tundra. (My tastes in trucks may be far from trendy. I like chrome and despise 22” wheels, for instance).

That said, the new GMC isn’t bad. It’s much better looking than the Silverado and Tundra, and not boring looking like the F-150. If I were in the market for a truck in 2022, I’d definitely consider it. But not for $80K+.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The chip shortage may ease up…just as the magnesium shortage hits us.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The chip shortage may ease up…just as the magnesium shortage hits us.

Yup, I think that magnesium has the potential to be much worse, not just for cars but so many industries. No magnesium equals no aluminum, no aluminum means no on a lot of things.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I think that magnesium has the potential to be much worse, not just for cars but so many industries. No magnesium equals no aluminum, no aluminum means no on a lot of things.
I’m doing my tool shopping (home improvement) now…

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was shopping two years ago, the lack of local availability of the 6.2L motor (5.3L is a DOOOGGGG) and the dated interior are the two main reasons I did not go with a GMC. This new one looks like it might put them back in the running for my next truck.

Users who are viewing this thread