5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Wind Noise

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure where my manual is at the moment. I have 3 buttons on mine, ac, mode, and auto. Mode is for feet/upper body etc. Is the air circulation like a fan that blows without the a/c or heater being on? Thanks
It recirculates air. In theory it will not suck in air from outside and will recondition the air inside the vehicle. It's used if the air quality outside is smelly\dusty\poor.
Recirc with AC on is the best way to cool down and dry out the inside of the truck.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What wind noise at the doors of a 5th Gen Ram? Who's ever heard of such a thing before?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What wind noise at the doors of a 5th Gen Ram? Who's ever heard of such a thing before?
You ever put a window down?
Now image that sound but all your windows are up.

Mine is coming from the passenger bottom of the windshield with recirc on the hvac system on at speeds >45mph

Kenny4

Reaction score
Mine isn't wind noise so much, like on a windy day. Mine is road noise coming in the cab, but similar to rolling down a window. I've never had the air circulation on, so not that.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had 1 of these in the shop, dash does not have to come out. I was told tye noise can come from either side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-224353_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-224353_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 192

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
What was the TSB bulletin for. What part of the vehicle did they fix? Thanks
I'm on travel and away from my desk. The TSB was performed on my truck but I dont have ready access to my service ticket.

TSB work performed: They popped open the speaker covers at both corners of the dash and remove both A pillar finisher panels. They applied some type of sealant to the known source of the sound/leak and that took care of the noise.

When I say noise. I'm referring to the whistling sound that would occur between 50-70(ish)
mph.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had 1 of these in the shop, dash does not have to come out. I was told tye noise can come from either side.
The service advisor said he saw that TSB but he said the pictures were from under the hood. Reading the picture you gave very clearly states those are inside and you don't need to remove the dash. I guess ill be making an appointment with a different dealership since these buffoons can't even read a TSB
I'm on travel and away from my desk. The TSB was performed on my truck but I dont have ready access to my service ticket.

TSB work performed: They popped open the speaker covers at both corners of the dash and remove both A pillar finisher panels. They applied some type of sealant to the known source of the sound/leak and that took care of the noise.

When I say noise. I'm referring to the whistling sound that would occur between 50-70(ish)
mph.
I guess this is what I need. I'm reading the TSB and the symptoms are exact. I think we each have a different way to describe the noise but we all mean the same thing, wind, road noise, whistling.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Mine is coming from the passenger bottom of the windshield with recirc on the hvac system on at speeds >45mph
There have been many complaints of wind noise sounding like the window is down a bit ot the door is not sealing. Most refer to the drivers side door. Haven't heard of a complaint at the windshield before.
Mine isn't wind noise so much, like on a windy day. Mine is road noise coming in the cab, but similar to rolling down a window. I've never had the air circulation on, so not that.
Do you have an ANC system? It has been known to do some funny stuff. It's supposed to muffle road noise. Did you change out your speakers or anything?

Reaction score
I have noise in my 22 Limited.
My wife was able to trace it down while I was driving and it's coming from the passenger side bottom of the windshield on a brand new truck.

Opening the window (to disable ANC) doesn't change anything, also turning the air on or off completely doesn't change it.

Are you able to see the 2 lines under the Ram icon on the windshield? I'm wondering if it isn't far enough down when it was placed.
22 limited here. Mine has been at the dealer for 38 days now. If I put my hand over the passenger speaker I can feel wind coming in from between the windshield and dash.
I only had the truck 14 days (700 miles) before I sent it to service. I’m making payments on this damn truck and I don’t even have it in my possession. Really wishing I didn’t trade I. My Trackhawk for this truck. No one seems to have an answer for what the fix is and the ones that have had it fixed go MIA and don’t let anyone know what fixed it.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
22 limited here. Mine has been at the dealer for 38 days now. If I put my hand over the passenger speaker I can feel wind coming in from between the windshield and dash.
I only had the truck 14 days (700 miles) before I sent it to service. I’m making payments on this damn truck and I don’t even have it in my possession. Really wishing I didn’t trade I. My Trackhawk for this truck. No one seems to have an answer for what the fix is and the ones that have had it fixed go MIA and don’t let anyone know

mph.
Quoting my earlier comment. Sounds like you have your truck at the wrong dealership. Mine was fixed in 1 day.

RamNewb

Reaction score
I have noise in my 22 Limited.
My wife was able to trace it down while I was driving and it's coming from the passenger side bottom of the windshield on a brand new truck.

Opening the window (to disable ANC) doesn't change anything, also turning the air on or off completely doesn't change it.

Are you able to see the 2 lines under the Ram icon on the windshield? I'm wondering if it isn't far enough down when it was placed.
I have the same issue on my 2022 1500 Big Horn. Had to for 3 weeks so far and it's been to dealership 3 times. They pulled out the windshield and resealed the whole thing, said they test drove it and no sound. 30 seconds after picking it up, I heard the same noise at 42 mph. So it's obviously not the windshield like they said. It's going back in a few days, I'll update.
The more I'm searching this, I'm seeing more and more people with same problem. Seems to be a manufacturing defect.

RamNewb

Reaction score
Ive
I only had the truck 14 days (700 miles) before I sent it to service. I’m making payments on this damn truck and I don’t even have it in my possession. Really wishing I didn’t trade I. My Trackhawk for this truck. No one seems to have an answer for what the fix is and the ones that have had it fixed go MIAd don’t let anyone know what fixed it

RamNewb

Reaction score
Funny you say that. Second time coming home from dealer, they left the number card on the dash covering that speaker and I swear I saw it fluttering as the nosie was happening. Made me think that's the cause of the noise,.from that speaker....I'm making a tech drive with me when I go back to dealer

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a tsb/star case for the whistle noise. It really isn't hard to duplicate or fix.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I only had the truck 14 days (700 miles) before I sent it to service. I’m making payments on this damn truck and I don’t even have it in my possession. Really wishing I didn’t trade I. My Trackhawk for this truck. No one seems to have an answer for what the fix is and the ones that have had it fixed go MIA and don’t let anyone know what fixed it.
Didn't see this post until today.
It's very easy to take out the speaker.
2 screw (hex head) on the A-pillar, pull it out a little, then up and back.
The speaker itself use a right angle drill attachment with a 1 inch P2 bit and turn by hand to remove the 2 or 3 screws.
Speaker has a clip that comes off by hand and leaves the wire there with the exposed hole.

There isn't a lot of room in there but you can have someone drive your truck and while you sit shove a rubber tube in there and move it around to determine if you can see where the air is coming from.

I sealed a hole I found and it got better, but I still have a noise.
pic6.jpg pic5.jpg

The air intake is in the glovebox, I wonder if you have a bad seal on the air intake thingy and it's not your actual windshield

They pulled out the windshield and resealed the whole thing
I don't think it's the windshield, but I also don't know ANYONE who would remove and re-seal a windshield. All the companies around here reuse to do such.
I have had new windshields put on and are too far to 1 side or another and instead of removing the seal and re-sealing it they order a brand new windshield and apply it as they said it's not safe to re-use (i'm not sure how much I believe that myself...).
That would lead me to believe your dealership didn't do crap, which is pretty much inline for how dealerships run unfortunately.

Funny you say that. Second time coming home from dealer, they left the number card on the dash covering that speaker and I swear I saw it fluttering as the nosie was happening. Made me think that's the cause of the noise,.from that speaker....I'm making a tech drive with me when I go back to dealer
What is a number card? Also air coming in from your speaker honestly doesn't make sense especially if you are saying it's a bad seal on the windshield based upon the placement of the speaker.
There is a tsb/star case for the whistle noise. It really isn't hard to duplicate or fix.
It is hard when your local dealerships are incompetent and hire kids right out of high school so they can may minimum wage vs getting trained people who will not work for minimum wage. No one oversees dealerships as they are privately owned so they are allowed to have any moron work on your car\truck they want.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is hard when your local dealerships are incompetent and hire kids right out of high school so they can may minimum wage vs getting trained people who will not work for minimum wage. No one oversees dealerships as they are privately owned so they are allowed to have any moron work on your car\truck they want.
So many things that are off on this. It's almost like you don't know how dealerships operate. For example I work in a dealership..... 16 main techs, 6 express techs(22 total techs) Only 3 main techs are under 25.

The good part about dealerships is that you have choices. In your case they are all operated by 18 year old kids. Guess your choices have led you to kids.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So many things that are off on this. It's almost like you don't know how dealerships operate. For example I work in a dealership..... 16 main techs, 6 express techs(22 total techs) Only 3 main techs are under 25.

The good part about dealerships is that you have choices. In your case they are all operated by 18 year old kids. Guess your choices have led you to kids.
22 techs at a dealership?
Ones in my state employ around 10 techs total some with even less. They generally have a single qualified tech and the rest random people.
I have had foreman badmouth their coworkers to be saying how they will be changing oil for the rest of their life.

Not everyone has access to good quality dealerships, I sure don't in MA everything sucks up here.

Ktm150xcwtpi

Reaction score

My 22 has this exact noise, but only at 45-47 mph. Is this something that can be fixed? It’s super quiet everywhere else. It goes away if I crack a window, recirc does nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread