5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Wind Noise

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It comes out as an assembly. You can leave the column bolted up. Just unbolt the steering shaft under underhood. Remove cowl/wipers to get to bolts under there. Put some fender covers/moving blankets on the front seats and lay the dash on the seats.
I'm confused.
Unbolt stuff under the hood under the cowl and wipers?
I can get under the cowl and wipers no problem.

Are you saying I can just unmount the entire dash to get to the part I am looking for without dismantling it?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused.
Unbolt stuff under the hood under the cowl and wipers?
I can get under the cowl and wipers no problem.

Are you saying I can just unmount the entire dash to get to the part I am looking for without dismantling it?
There are bolts under the plastic cowl, behind the wiper trans. The steering intermediate shaft needs to be unbolted, 10mm head.

Yes the complete dash can be removed. It is actually easy to do.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are bolts under the plastic cowl, behind the wiper trans. The steering intermediate shaft needs to be unbolted, 10mm head.

Yes the complete dash can be removed. It is actually easy to do.
Guess that will be my spring job so I don't freeze aI got a feeling it's going to be a 4-8 hour job.

barrak

Reaction score
It comes out as an assembly. You can leave the column bolted up. Just unbolt the steering shaft under underhood. Remove cowl/wipers to get to bolts under there. Put some fender covers/moving blankets on the front seats and lay the dash on the seats.
Sheesh... Glad I don't have to remove the column.
Everything else though... Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread