5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Wind Noise

snporyer

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has run into the same issue as me. I picked up a 2022 1500 Bighorn Hemi E-Torque a couple weeks ago and immediately noticed a wind noise above 60mph. Coming from the passenger side, I originally thought the windshield had not been sealed properly. A couple days go by and I happened to turn off the recirculating air driving down the highway and boom, noise was gone. Turn recirc back on, noise is back. Also every time I turn the truck on I have to “cycle” the recirc On/off to avoid the noise. I have an appointment next week with the dealer to get it fixed, but I was curious if anyone else has ran into this

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 'draft' that was coming in from around the doors at highway speeds, I added a strip of weatherstripping and it solved that.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Had it on my 22 Limited. Dealer applied a TSB that remedied the issue. Soooo nice and quiet at speed now.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know about 2022....on my 2019....had a similar problem and found that they did not install a long rubber strip between the bed and the cab......apparently they ran out of the parts and sent out thousands of trucks without them.....there was a TSB on it.....had dealer install the rubber strip....all is well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have noise in my 22 Limited.
My wife was able to trace it down while I was driving and it's coming from the passenger side bottom of the windshield on a brand new truck.

Opening the window (to disable ANC) doesn't change anything, also turning the air on or off completely doesn't change it.

Are you able to see the 2 lines under the Ram icon on the windshield? I'm wondering if it isn't far enough down when it was placed.

B.R.67

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has run into the same issue as me. I picked up a 2022 1500 Bighorn Hemi E-Torque a couple weeks ago and immediately noticed a wind noise above 60mph. Coming from the passenger side, I originally thought the windshield had not been sealed properly. A couple days go by and I happened to turn off the recirculating air driving down the highway and boom, noise was gone. Turn recirc back on, noise is back. Also every time I turn the truck on I have to “cycle” the recirc On/off to avoid the noise. I have an appointment next week with the dealer to get it fixed, but I was curious if anyone else has ran into this
I have noise in my 22 Limited.
My wife was able to trace it down while I was driving and it's coming from the passenger side bottom of the windshield on a brand new truck.

Opening the window (to disable ANC) doesn't change anything, also turning the air on or off completely doesn't change it.

Are you able to see the 2 lines under the Ram icon on the windshield? I'm wondering if it isn't far enough down when it was placed.
I have a 2022 Ram Laramie sport 1500 just picked it up a month ago. I noticed the exact same issue yesterday. Truck has no wind noise until you turn on the recirculation and a noise comes from the passenger side dash area.I am not convinced it is wind noise. It kinda sounds like a motor or solenoid humming noise. I'm going to make an appointment let me know what you find out. thank you.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram Laramie sport 1500 just picked it up a month ago. I noticed the exact same issue yesterday. Truck has no wind noise until you turn on the recirculation and a noise comes from the passenger side dash area.I am not convinced it is wind noise. It kinda sounds like a motor or solenoid humming noise. I'm going to make an appointment let me know what you find out. thank you.
Sounds good.
Tomorrow i'm taking it to a dealership, but when I told it to the selling dealer they said sounded like a broken seal on the windshield.
My problem might be different then yours, it sounds exactly like a open window and doesn't matter if circ or vents are even on or off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So this is my exact issue.
I didn't think recirc did anything but I tested today on the way to the dealer and it's the exact same issue but it sounds like wind noise, or a stuck vent.
Turn off recirc noise goes away, turn it on noise comes back.
Only at speeds greater then 45.

Dealer says they never seen that issue before and saw a Tsb for the driver side a pillar

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And the dealer followed up with saying they would need take entire dashboard apart to see if they find the issue. Needless to say I took my truck home as I don't want them touching it.
I asked them about what should be a minor adjustment on my MFT and the tech admitted to never having worked on a MFT before and said he would need to take it all apart to learn how it goes back on (regardless of the issue I have). The service advisor said they don't sell many trucks like mine, they are a huge dealership and I have a 1500 Limited... I don't know what's so rare about that.

B.R.67

Reaction score
And the dealer followed up with saying they would need take entire dashboard apart to see if they find the issue. Needless to say I took my truck home as I don't want them touching it.
I asked them about what should be a minor adjustment on my MFT and the tech admitted to never having worked on a MFT before and said he would need to take it all apart to learn how it goes back on (regardless of the issue I have). The service advisor said they don't sell many trucks like mine, they are a huge dealership and I have a 1500 Limited... I don't know what's so rare about that.
Well this certainly don't sound good. I'm not going to have my dash taken all apart especially for guess work. I see on this thread a OleNavyMane had a 2022 limited with wind noise issue and that did a tsb on it and he has no noise now. Wondering what that tsb was?

Kenny4

Reaction score
Mine is a 2021 and just driving it home there was loud outside noise on the passenger side. I kept trying to close the windows---even stopped to see if a door were open. Does anyone know of a TSP on this for 2021? Thanks

Kenny4

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well this certainly don't sound good. I'm not going to have my dash taken all apart especially for guess work. I see on this thread a OleNavyMane had a 2022 limited with wind noise issue and that did a tsb on it and he has no noise now. Wondering what that tsb was?
Exactly. The techs can experiment on someone elses truck. Generally I have very bad dealership techs in my area (MA) so I set my standards pretty low and if they tell me it aint something they have seen or worked on I pass and figure it out myself, or get to the point of telling them what to do.
What was the TSB bulletin for. What part of the vehicle did they fix? Thanks
I messaged him earlier, he hasn't been on today but I think\hope he will respond and let us know
If I find out I will come and post it.

Also FYI there is this thread, the search is really bad on these forums when I search for TSB it doesn't even show 1 result.

Kenny4

Reaction score
How do you turn on/off the recirculating. Thanks

Kenny4

B.R.67

Reaction score
Exactly. The techs can experiment on someone elses truck. Generally I have very bad dealership techs in my area (MA) so I set my standards pretty low and if they tell me it aint something they have seen or worked on I pass and figure it out myself, or get to the point of telling them what to do.

I messaged him earlier, he hasn't been on today but I think\hope he will respond and let us know
If I find out I will come and post it.

Also FYI there is this thread, the search is really bad on these forums when I search for TSB it doesn't even show 1 result.
I will get out to my dealer next week and see what they have to say about this issue. This is my first Ram so I have not dealt with the service dept. I have heard good things and that was the reason for swirching to Ram after being a lifetime Chevrolet/GMC owner.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Button on the dash with a half circle arrow and a usally a Orange light
Not sure where my manual is at the moment. I have 3 buttons on mine, ac, mode, and auto. Mode is for feet/upper body etc. Is the air circulation like a fan that blows without the a/c or heater being on? Thanks

B.R.67

Reaction score
Similar to this icon

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread