5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Laramie Sport - Hood logos

stevekucz

Reaction score
hahahahah i feel you :)
Ended up installing it with my buddy tonight. Will post pics tomorrow once it’s light out

Uninstall of the old piece was tougher than I expected. The clips were a real PITA to get out of the hood

Once all the old stuff off; the assembly of new piece was SIMPLE

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ended up installing it with my buddy tonight. Will post pics tomorrow once it’s light out

Uninstall of the old piece was tougher than I expected. The clips were a real PITA to get out of the hood

Once all the old stuff off; the assembly of new piece was SIMPLE
congrats cant wait to see it, did you use pry tools to get it out?

i had confirmation that mine is on its way :)

stevekucz

Reaction score

Wooooo!!!

We used a flathead very carefully to lift the edges. Then I just ripped it off with my hands. Then we used pliers to rip the clips out of the hood - takes a good grip and quite a bit of pulling.

Once everything was out, you literally line up the new piece and then punch it down across the entire edge. Super super easy. Fits like a glove

stevekucz

Reaction score

Here’s some pics from this morning - got some sunlight and some morning dew

Attachments

• 0D73E8CB-05A5-421E-B33D-DCDF60E4B12F.jpeg
    0D73E8CB-05A5-421E-B33D-DCDF60E4B12F.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 9B97F272-323C-4AEE-82F0-AC868C1B135F.jpeg
    9B97F272-323C-4AEE-82F0-AC868C1B135F.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 51

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wooooo!!!

We used a flathead very carefully to lift the edges. Then I just ripped it off with my hands. Then we used pliers to rip the clips out of the hood - takes a good grip and quite a bit of pulling.

Once everything was out, you literally line up the new piece and then punch it down across the entire edge. Super super easy. Fits like a glove

thank you :)

last night i receive my laramie black emblem, now im just missing the hood emblem and the ram tailgate ram head emblem,. and everything will be black out

stevekucz

Reaction score
thank you :)

last night i receive my laramie black emblem, now im just missing the hood emblem and the ram tailgate ram head emblem,. and everything will be black out
Yea it's been like high 30s / low 40s in the morning here.

It looks so clean with everything black.

Other than the hood bezel, I had done it all at once. I had my guy at the local shop order the emblem kit so the front grill / side of truck / rear Ram head & 4x4 were all blacked out via the kit. I removed the Laramie badge completely. I also had the Sport decals taken off the rear side.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea it's been like high 30s / low 40s in the morning here.

It looks so clean with everything black.

Other than the hood bezel, I had done it all at once. I had my guy at the local shop order the emblem kit so the front grill / side of truck / rear Ram head & 4x4 were all blacked out via the kit. I removed the Laramie badge completely. I also had the Sport decals taken off the rear side.
at first i wanted to do it all at once just like you, but i ordered my emblems from different places... and when i started to receive them, i coulnd wait ahahahah i had to do it

the only one im not sure yet is the front ram,. im debating in 3 different style,

1- kept the chrome, and put large black mat stripes front to back (like in the picture from internet below)

2- change the chrome to black

3- change the chrome to black plus add the stipes

so i'll wait until im decided to order,..

1667567540976.jpeg 1667567568443.jpeg

stevekucz

Reaction score
at first i wanted to do it all at once just like you, but i ordered my emblems from different places... and when i started to receive them, i coulnd wait ahahahah i had to do it

the only one im not sure yet is the front ram,. im debating in 3 different style,

1- kept the chrome, and put large black mat stripes front to back (like in the picture from internet below)

2- change the chrome to black

3- change the chrome to black plus add the stipes

so i'll wait until im decided to order,..

View attachment 142977 View attachment 142978
Yea that looks nice in those pics too!

I'm going for the all black look. The exterior is now almost done for me.

I'm in need of wheels & new black side steps.

Once the exterior is done, I'll move on to exhaust etc.

stevekucz

Reaction score
sound like a nice plan
Did you ever get your part / install?!?

I ended up getting 2 more pieces during Black Friday sales.

I got new black side steps & black exhaust tips -- arriving today.

After that, wheels & tires are the only things that remain on my wishlist for now.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever get your part / install?!?

I ended up getting 2 more pieces during Black Friday sales.

I got new black side steps & black exhaust tips -- arriving today.

After that, wheels & tires are the only things that remain on my wishlist for now.
i did get the hood bezel but it was all sratched so they ordered a new one but it appears to be back order.

i did however finish changing all the other emblems for black ones (4x4, ram head on tailgate, laramie, ram on the doors)except for the front ram , i still dont know if im going to change it or not.

congrats on the new parts, it will change the look for sure

i too want to change my exhaust tips for black one, just not sure if i will put tips only or the flowmaster resonator delet kit that comes with black tips.

what did you end up getting for tips and side step?

when i ordered the truck, only the chrome side step were available so i didnt take them , the dealer ordered mopar black side steps instead, so thats what i have now

stevekucz

Reaction score
i did get the hood bezel but it was all sratched so they ordered a new one but it appears to be back order.

i did however finish changing all the other emblems for black ones (4x4, ram head on tailgate, laramie, ram on the doors)except for the front ram , i still dont know if im going to change it or not.

congrats on the new parts, it will change the look for sure

i too want to change my exhaust tips for black one, just not sure if i will put tips only or the flowmaster resonator delet kit that comes with black tips.

what did you end up getting for tips and side step?

when i ordered the truck, only the chrome side step were available so i didnt take them , the dealer ordered mopar black side steps instead, so thats what i have now
Sorry to hear the issues with the bezel!!!

Here’s links of what I got:

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the issues with the bezel!!!

Here’s links of what I got:

cant wait to see it on your truck :)

stevekucz

Reaction score
have you tried your side steps yet? how do you like them
Sorry, I'm just seeing this now!

I absolutely love them. The look is SO much better than the stock and I've had no issues.

The only thing I've noticed with the last couple of days of heavy rain here is that when I drive in the rain with puddles on the road, etc. -- I hear a noise from the water hitting the metal side steps. At first I thought it was something rubbing based on the noise, but came to realize it's just water treading on the metal.

No regrets though!

Users who are viewing this thread