5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Stolen Ram Rebel 1500!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, cause auto theft is literally unheard of in 'Merica. :rolleyes:
Never said that. But if a criminal (who doesn't give a crap about the law) knows there won't be any guns at your house, they will be more likely to strike. If they know there's a good chance they'll get capped trying to rob you, they will think twice about it.

The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never said that. But if a criminal (who doesn't give a crap about the law) knows there won't be any guns at your house, they will be more likely to strike. If they know there's a good chance they'll get capped trying to rob you, they will think twice about it.

The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.
How does a criminal know there are not any guns in a home in Canada? Do they just knock on the door and ask? Criminals generally don't think twice, they look for the victim and go.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I've never really looked into any anti-theft stuff; thanks for the couple of suggestions. I've just finished (LOL...right) building up my truck the way I want it and I don't want this truck stolen, because I don't want to start over. I'm also pretty sure my insurance won't cover 100% of the value of the add-ons I've done. This is a good suggestion. Do you have an opinion on IGLA vs Ravelco? No, I haven't started really looking into it, and yes, I can start searching the forum, but I'm curious about your opinion specifically if you have a minute. And I think it's relevant to this thread.
Another option, easy to set up, cheaper than the above mentioned devices, and requires no wiring or removing any interior trim pieces is the TazerDT. You can enable a PIN lock, or simpky use your fob to lock the truck, and that specific fob has to be the one to unlock the doors in order for the truck to start. Even a cloned fob won't work. And even if the TazerDT is removed, the security feature is still enabled. You can also set it to disable the gas pedal and lock the brakes. Also has a "car jack" option to where if the fob leave the vehicle, and vehicle drives away, the very first time the truck comes to a complete sropz the brakes will lock until the fob returns.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another option, easy to set up, cheaper than the above mentioned devices, and requires no wiring or removing any interior trim pieces is the TazerDT. You can enable a PIN lock, or simpky use your fob to lock the truck, and that specific fob has to be the one to unlock the doors in order for the truck to start. Even a cloned fob won't work. And even if the TazerDT is removed, the security feature is still enabled. You can also set it to disable the gas pedal and lock the brakes. Also has a "car jack" option to where if the fob leave the vehicle, and vehicle drives away, the very first time the truck comes to a complete sropz the brakes will lock until the fob returns.
But be careful using the Tazer DT as a security device. There are several reports of the Tazer frying the RF Hub, along with some other wacky things. And on top of that, if the thief rips out the Tazer and runs away with it, you're in for a fun situation.

1695751482586.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But be careful using the Tazer DT as a security device. There are several reports of the Tazer frying the RF Hub, along with some other wacky things. And on top of that, if the thief rips out the Tazer and runs away with it, you're in for a fun situation.

View attachment 168082
With the number of people running them here, and no recent reports of any issues since the 2019 model yearaz other than incompatibly with UC5, aim not too worried. Any device that connects to the vehicle and interrupts signals can cause issues. Even the Revelco or the other Russian device mentioned(which sounds like it does same thing as TazerDT) I've had mine for three years with no issues. Quoting a post from the Hellcat forum, that uses a different device, isn't an apples to apples comparison.

I've seen more people have issues with alfaObd than the TazerDT.

I will say the only time the Tazer has caused any issues with my truck, was when my wife was trying to show me her fob wasn't working for remote start. Which is worked, but since she had pushed lock on her fob before starting the truck, it confused the TazerDT security feature and took some playing around with locking/unlocking from her fob and mine to get it to drive the truck. Only took a couple minutes.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
That sux. sorry to hear that. I bet if guns weren’t banned in Canada the criminals would think twice before stealing. 🫤

Does nothing. I am not saying it's right but if someone is stealing your truck/car, you leave your home to confront them with a firearm, and then shoot them? You're not going to need your truck because you're going to jail. Maybe in like 2-3 states you may get away with it. Even then, you'll be paying out a civil suit the rest of your life. And like I said, not saying it's right, but that's how it is. Lets also not forget in like half the states leaving your home to intimidate someone with a firearm is considered brandishing.

People do this stuff anyway. Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. All the really pro-2a states. I'm pro-2a myself. A lot of these people are strung out on drugs and/or addicts who are selling the vehicles/parts to feed their addiction.

Now if you come in my house to try and get the keys like they are doing with the integrated garage door openers? That's going to be a very, very poor decision for whoever decides to try that. Not saying I'd let someone just steel a vehicle from my driveway if I knew what was happening but you can't run out and shoot someone.

To OP. Really sorry to hear this happened to you. I'd be really bent out of shape if my truck was stolen. I'd personally be looking into something that was almost undefeatable if I lived in an area like that. Perhaps some sort of hidden battery kill switch or similar.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With the number of people running them here, and no recent reports of any issues since the 2019 model yearaz other than incompatibly with UC5, aim not too worried. Any device that connects to the vehicle and interrupts signals can cause issues. Even the Revelco or the other Russian device mentioned(which sounds like it does same thing as TazerDT) I've had mine for three years with no issues. Quoting a post from the Hellcat forum, that uses a different device, isn't an apples to apples comparison.

I will say the only time the Tazer has caused any issues with my truck, was when my wife was trying to show me her fob wasn't working for remote start. Which is worked, but since she had pushed lock on her fob before starting the truck, it confused the TazerDT security feature and took some playing around with locking/unlocking from her fob and mine to get it to drive the truck. Only took a couple minutes.

IGLA and Tazer do not do the same thing.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

It's the anti-theft part of Tazer that's been causing the problems. I have a Tazer as well, but run it unmarried and no anti-theft stuff - I have no problems. But this security stuff is new, and quite frankly, not well-tested. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your govt bans guns, there's a much better chance you won't have any to defend yourself.
Canada banned guns. Must be true, it is on the the internet. Wonder how they allow me to take multiple guns across the border?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's the anti-theft part of Tazer that's been causing the problems. I have a Tazer as well, but run it unmarried and no anti-theft stuff - I have no problems. But this security stuff is new, and quite frankly, not well-tested. Your mileage may vary, of course.
IGLA and Tazer do not do the same thing.

That TRX forum is very hard to read with all the ****ty pop ups. Close obez and not even 10aeconds later another one hitsm. And I'm using Firefox that has adbloxker.

I can verify that there has been no issues on my truck running it. And that the killbydob function works as advertised. I don't use the PIN lock, and that's where it sounds like the issues are coming from. Also, one of those screenshots sounds more like user error, and not understanding how it works, than an issue with the TazerDT itself.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That TRX forum is very hard to read with all the ****ty pop ups. Close obez and not even 10aeconds later another one hitsm. And I'm using Firefox that has adbloxker.

I can verify that there has been no issues on my truck running it. And that the killbydob function works as advertised. I don't use the PIN lock, and that's where it sounds like the issues are coming from. Also, one of those screenshots sounds more like user error, and not understanding how it works, than an issue with the TazerDT itself.
If you set a pin with the Tazer, what happens if you unplug it?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm a supporting member there, so I don't get the pop-ups.

It could be user error. I'm going more by what one of the resident "experts" says, and just passed along that screenshot. The guy is an IGLA installer, so he obviously has a reason to trash-talk other products. But for what it's worth, he really seems to know his stuff about how to bypass weak products.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you set a pin with the Tazer, what happens if you unplug it?
Here's what was said about the Tazer on the TRX forum (by the IGLA guy).

Tazer can be removed, new fob made, brakes released and throttle relearned in a couple minutes at most. The “inventer” has even said its a deterrent at best and IGLA/ravelco is your best option IMG_3153.jpeg

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Good gawd that was hard to read with all of the typos. 😵‍💫

I have been on the Ram-TRX forum for 5-6 months and haven't had any pop up ads. There was an issue with pop up videos, but one of the mods fixed it right away.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
After reading hundreds of posts about security devices for Ram trucks, this post sums up the use of a Tazer as a anti-theft device the best. 🤣

In my opinion putting a Tazer on your truck as a security device is like rubbing hand sanitizer on your junk, then banging a lot lizard from a truck stop and expecting it to protect you from getting herpes. Just saying :rolleyes:. IGLA is your answer.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After reading hundreds of posts about security devices for Ram trucks, this post sums up the use of a Tazer as a anti-threft device the best. 🤣
I guess for people who have never used the TazerDT security functions, sure. Not a single post in that thread mentioned anything about HOW the TazerDT could be defeated.

There is also no reference to when the comment was made from Z-automotive owner about ravelco and IGLA. For all we know that screen shot was taken a year ago. And even if it was current, admitting there are better products on the market doesn't mean to your own product doesn't work.

It's easy to bend the truth when trying to push other products. I'm not saying the TazerDT doesn't have its faults. And so have no personal experience with other options. But I can verify the killbyfob feature works on my TazerDT. And it hasn't caused any problems with the truck that weren't user induced.

In that same threads there were different people complaining about the Ravelco and IGLA and how they work, so nothing is perfect, and won't be the best option for every user.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good gawd that was hard to read with all of the typos. 😵‍💫

I have been on the Ram-TRX forum for 5-6 months and haven't had any pop up ads. There was an issue with pop up videos, but one of the mods fixed it right away.
Yeah, was trying to type fast as phone was about to die.

Users who are viewing this thread