5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 rebel delivered missing a floor pan plug

Jaspittman

Reaction score
So i took delivery on a 2021 ram reble 2 weeks ago. And I'm thinking my truck was assembled on a Friday just before quiting time.

My passenger side front door is too close to the fender. When the door opens it contacts the fender and is starting to remove paint. I have an appointment tomorrow to have that looked at. Also, i went to install nerf bars and noticed a oval hole between the frame rail and the door on the passengers side, Its roughly where the front passengers seat is located. It looks like there is supposed to be a grommet or plug that was never installed. As is, I can see the fabric that is under the carpet from under the truck.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything else i should look out for?

Attachments

• 20210114_172246.jpg
    20210114_172246.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Ramtrx

Reaction score
There are black plugs over some. Also like a black strong tape that covered a few. When I removed my rear seats there are maybe 10 black spots of plugs or black tape.

Jaspittman

Reaction score
So i took the truck to the dealership to have the issue with the door rubbing on the fender fixed. They saw the hole in the floor and told me it was no big deal and it "lets water drain out of the truck". He said he removes all the plugs on his personal truck because he "uses his truck like a truck". I seriously hope he doesn't believe that.

I called another dealership about the missing plug (part number 4589408AA). I was told a wrangler recently arrived missing the plugs as well. They even gave me the opportunity to purchase the plugs from them at full price.

FCA should be ashamed!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Misaligned door, wth, how they miss that.
Missing a plug for sure.
I just removed one on the driver side and replaced it with a rubber grommet, good way to run my antenna cable into the cab.
It was glued on for real BTW.

Jaspittman

Reaction score
Misaligned door, wth, how they miss that.
Missing a plug for sure.
I just removed one on the driver side and replaced it with a rubber grommet, good way to run my antenna cable into the cab.
It was glued on for real BTW.
Where did you get the rubber plug? Is it round or the 30mm x 50mm oval plug?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks like the bottom side of your carpet, get a plug in there ASAP or it’ll start getting wet. The guys you talked with about removing them must have an old farm truck with rubber floors cause that’ll never work as a drain unless you have 6” of water on the floor.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you get the rubber plug? Is it round or the 30mm x 50mm oval plug?
Performance tool W5214 grommet kit. Had it on hand from my days of working on my `62 Austin Healey Sprite.
I used the 1" round grommet, it conformed well to the oval hole.
edit: Wait, did you say 50mm? This might not fit then.
edit2: sorry this will not fit.

Last edited:

Ramtrx

Reaction score
How does water drain if it absorbed into the carpet lol? That dude straight tried to blow smoke up your ***. Carpet exposed to elements will absorb moisture causing mold.

Florida Ranger

Reaction score
Go back to the Dealer and DEMAND to see Owner or General Manager and tell them what the employee told you. I bet you a plug gets put in the floorboard and the smart *** employee gets a Butt Chewing, that’s what would happen at my Ram Dealership I deal with. I have no patience for somebody trying to BS me...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So i took delivery on a 2021 ram reble 2 weeks ago. And I'm thinking my truck was assembled on a Friday just before quiting time.

My passenger side front door is too close to the fender. When the door opens it contacts the fender and is starting to remove paint. I have an appointment tomorrow to have that looked at. Also, i went to install nerf bars and noticed a oval hole between the frame rail and the door on the passengers side, Its roughly where the front passengers seat is located. It looks like there is supposed to be a grommet or plug that was never installed. As is, I can see the fabric that is under the carpet from under the truck.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything else i should look out for?
Hi there @Jaspittman, we would certainly like to look into this for you and provide assistance in obtaining this part. Please send our team a private message with your VIN for further support.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Zig10

Reaction score
Must be a shortage of plastic frame plugs because of the pandemic, too. There is a thread going on the Ford Expedition site about missing plugs letting water in on those as well.

Tough times if you can't even get the holes plugged before the car rolls out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread