5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Night Edition...looking for Carbon Fiber replacement hood inserts

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Turned out great!
I would love to see a whole hood and tailgate our of carbon fiber. Now that would be awesome (and very expensive).

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You know what, I can prob get the whole thing done for a couple of boxes of 9mm... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Aint that the truth. I stopped going to the range for a while since I am not keen on paying a dollar or more a round for 9mm. I have a few thousand rounds in storage. Will the price ever drop? Just crazy what bullets are costing now a dayso_O

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Aint that the truth. I stopped going to the range for a while since I am not keen on paying a dollar or more a round for 9mm. I have a few thousand rounds in storage. Will the price ever drop? Just crazy what bullets are costing now a dayso_O
Not anytime soon. Folks keep panic-buying firearms and ammo and there's not end in sight. At least not for the next four years if you ask me.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remington just went back into ammo production 4 shifts a day.

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
A whole CF hood is about $1,700 online. Not sure if that includes the inserts and also can't comment on the quality of it. That's a bit of $. Love the idea of getting inserts and I think the ones in this post turned out awesome. I second the comments in this thread and others about this forum results in spending $ on things I didn't even think I "needed" for my truck.

JRSJR65

Reaction score
I purchased a new set (3 pieces) from dealer that was like $240 I believe and getting the CF hydro graphics done was $250. All in $500 and it is a task carefully removing and reinstalling new.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly you could use some 3M carbon fiber wrap and most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Kind of a pain to work with but it looks like legit raw CF. I personally dont care for hydro dipped carbon because it doesnt look like real CF but thats just me.

Rambro1776

Reaction score

I’m an FFL; cost really hasn’t gone up that much. A little bit, but not enough to justify $1/round. That’s crazy. Don’t let people charge you too much. True colors really come out in people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m an FFL; cost really hasn’t gone up that much. A little bit, but not enough to justify $1/round. That’s crazy. Don’t let people charge you too much. True colors really come out in people.
If you can find good quality ammo cheaper please send me a link. I check all of the top online sources and they are all crazy!

Rambro1776

Reaction score
If you can find good quality ammo cheaper please send me a link. I check all of the top online sources and they are all crazy!

Unfortunately I only sell local, no shipping. The best way of affordable ammo is some big box stores and getting to know when their shipments arrive. However, the counterargument is that if people keep rushing for ammo, prices will stay inflated and remain hard to get. I tell people, if you have ammo, don’t shoot it, and stop buying it for now. If everyone follows those guidelines, things will return to normal-ish prices and availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread