5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram improved dash speakers?

Desdemona

Reaction score
Bought 2 pairs of Infinity Reference 3032CFX to replace the three dash speakers in my 21' Big Horn 1500 with Alpine. Swapped the speakers out and was expecting a significant improvement. To our surprise, neither wife and I noticed anything different. I took a closer look at the OEM speakers, and found them to be quite different from the 19' or 20' made in Mexico. The 21' OEM speakers are made in China with much bigger magnet, and has comparable weight (even slightly higher) vs. Infinity:
1607189380333.png

Has anyone else have a chance to experiment with 21's dash speakers? I am considering returning the Infinity's.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put new high-end Boze speakers in my daughters old PT Cruiser and nobody could hear a difference either.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 043978 miles.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put the Infinitys in a 2020 HK, no significant diff. Door speakers went Polk Compnenet, bigger difference.

Now if we could only tame that obnoxious sub...

Roaddog359

Reaction score
I like Quality sound and I cant complain. Not sure if the added expense to upgrade would be worth it. So I will stay stock.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
those stock ones definitely look beefier than my 19's did. I went reference in my dash (3), and did notice a difference. Your stock ones actually look bigger than the Inf's.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious. What’s the cone material? Surround material ? Tweeter?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
those stock ones definitely look beefier than my 19's did. I went reference in my dash (3), and did notice a difference. Your stock ones actually look bigger than the Inf's.
I saw the same with the speakers that came out of my '20 Alpine system. The magnets were much smaller than the Infinities I replaced them with. Definitely a sound improvement for me no matter what kind of music I listen to. Even talk radio sounds better :ROFLMAO:

I'm interested in the materials in the '21 speakers too. The dash speakers in my '20 Alpine system had paper cones, and what looked like rubber surrounds. I don't know if there was a tweeter because there was fabric covering the speaker, which I didn't remove.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now if we could only tame that obnoxious sub...
You can for a few hundred bucks and hours of work. My advice though, just unplug it for free with 5 minutes of work.

Jason605

Reaction score
I will post pictures of mine when I take them out. I replaced my base front corners in my 14 bighorn with the kickers and they sounded much better than these alpines.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Bought 2 pairs of Infinity Reference 3032CFX to replace the three dash speakers in my 21' Big Horn 1500 with Alpine. Swapped the speakers out and was expecting a significant improvement. To our surprise, neither wife and I noticed anything different. I took a closer look at the OEM speakers, and found them to be quite different from the 19' or 20' made in Mexico. The 21' OEM speakers are made in China with much bigger magnet, and has comparable weight (even slightly higher) vs. Infinity:
View attachment 75750

Has anyone else have a chance to experiment with 21's dash speakers? I am considering returning the Infinity's.
what OHM is the factory tweeter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/