5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Limited the signal nightmare!!

Thundersnow

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 limited with less than 5k on the od. A week ago I got a message that my front left turn signal is out. I got out and checked and all turn signals are working just fine. The left mirror light signal as well as the interior turn annunciation are both blinking rapidly. The dealer found a small cut in the side marker light wire of the left headlight wiring harness. They had a ram engineer come in to offer assistance on the repair. After fixing the wire and doing a hard reset via batter disconnect the problem went away for about a minute of signaling and then came back with the message and fast blinking. Now I’m being told that the whole BCM needs replacing. In any case I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. There is a STAR case pending for my vehicle if any Ram reps are reading this I’d be happy to communicate.
Thanks for reading

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 limited with less than 5k on the od. A week ago I got a message that my front left turn signal is out. I got out and checked and all turn signals are working just fine. The left mirror light signal as well as the interior turn annunciation are both blinking rapidly. The dealer found a small cut in the side marker light wire of the left headlight wiring harness. They had a ram engineer come in to offer assistance on the repair. After fixing the wire and doing a hard reset via batter disconnect the problem went away for about a minute of signaling and then came back with the message and fast blinking. Now I’m being told that the whole BCM needs replacing. In any case I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. There is a STAR case pending for my vehicle if any Ram reps are reading this I’d be happy to communicate.
Thanks for reading
The site isn't ran by Ram, but @RamCares might be able to help

Thundersnow

Reaction score
Well the whole point was to see if someone had a similar example. If @RamCares is lurking and willing to respond I’m listening.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
My truck had a weird thing happen with the turn signal early on and has not done it in 30000kms. The first weekend I had the truck I was driving down the highway and signaled to change lanes. My left turn blinker stayed on. It was on in the left position and in the neutral position, would go off when in right turn position. I could no longer signal for right hand turns. It took 5 or 6 engine cycles for the problem to correct itself. 17000kms later it did it again, but was gone after one engine cycle. It has not happened since

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck had a weird thing happen with the turn signal early on and has not done it in 30000kms. The first weekend I had the truck I was driving down the highway and signaled to change lanes. My left turn blinker stayed on. It was on in the left position and in the neutral position, would go off when in right turn position. I could no longer signal for right hand turns. It took 5 or 6 engine cycles for the problem to correct itself. 17000kms later it did it again, but was gone after one engine cycle. It has not happened since

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
Bizarre behavior!

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
My left hand turn signal doesn’t go back to neutral after turning left about 60% of the time. I have to manually flip it back….not worth having them techs touch it though.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bizarre behavior!
Aliens, has to be. Was this seen right overhead after the problem?

UFO - unidentified flying object photographed over Milan by Bruno Ghibardi, on 27 April, 1961. Wendelle Stevens archives, with arrangement with Charles Walker Stock Photo

Users who are viewing this thread