5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Laramie Build Opinions

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean about the factory brake controller not working over 15mph?
When braking, at the point the truck speed goes down below 15mph, the factory trailer brake controller releases (or significant reduces) the trailer brakes. The manual slider still works, but it’s not an optimal setup.

Good aftermarket options don’t do that, and some have more adjustability. One good thing about the factory controller, is the brake % display...

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
First Quote. MSRP is $61,245. First offer is $52,961 with the $2k in rebates included in that. Almost 14% off MSRP. I'm holding for now. I'm looking for closer to 18%.

Second Quote: After looking around the forum today I found a nice thread regarding different dealers to work with across the country. Thanks OP, believe it was SilentBob. I reached out to Aaron at Mark Dodge. Quote was $52,998 before rebates. He basically quoted what I was quoted locally, but without figuring in the rebates yet. Very happy with this offer. Just curious about the rebates. Do you all get rebates that are currently offered with the option to take what ever rebates were better when truck is finally delivered?

Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Etorque
Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearlcoat
Night Edition
Off Road Group
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Price with Options
$61,245

KCViper

Reaction score
You will most likely get whatever rebates that are offered when the truck is delivered....that is what I was told on my order. I did get them to guarantee my price OTD to include current incentives. Also, you might want to consider adding the rear wheel liners....a $195 option that should be standard!!

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First Quote. MSRP is $61,245. First offer is $52,961 with the $2k in rebates included in that. Almost 14% off MSRP. I'm holding for now. I'm looking for closer to 18%.

Second Quote: After looking around the forum today I found a nice thread regarding different dealers to work with across the country. Thanks OP, believe it was SilentBob. I reached out to Aaron at Mark Dodge. Quote was $52,998 before rebates. He basically quoted what I was quoted locally, but without figuring in the rebates yet. Very happy with this offer. Just curious about the rebates. Do you all get rebates that are currently offered with the option to take what ever rebates were better when truck is finally delivered?

Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearlcoat
Night Edition
Off Road Group
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Price with Options
$61,245
Depends on how the order is booked. Normal orders get you the rebates current at time of delivery. Orders booked as “Order Protected”, get you the larger of rebates at time of sale, or rebates at time of delivery. Dealers can place only so many OP orders, dealer specific as I understand.

bigalf

Reaction score
I would absolutely recommend RamBoxes and MFT. I can't imagine a reason going forward I would choose a truck without them. The MFT tailgate is absolutely amazing, coupled with the bed divider, it makes loading groceries a breeze. If you have ever loaded golf clubs into a truck bed, you'll immediately appreciate the ease of of loading with a MFT.

Rambox is excellent. Provides a ton of storage, security, love em.

And I agree on rear wheel liners and mentioned above.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I would absolutely recommend RamBoxes and MFT. I can't imagine a reason going forward I would choose a truck without them. The MFT tailgate is absolutely amazing, coupled with the bed divider, it makes loading groceries a breeze. If you have ever loaded golf clubs into a truck bed, you'll immediately appreciate the ease of of loading with a MFT.

Rambox is excellent. Provides a ton of storage, security, love em.

And I agree on rear wheel liners and mentioned above.
Doesn't the RamBox decrease the width of the truck bed?

1ramrunner

Reaction score
It basically uses the same space as between the wheel wells in a normal bed. It will fit sheets of plywood, drywall if that helps.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Doesn't the RamBox decrease the width of the truck bed?
It really depends on what you load into your truck bed. Like 1ramrunner said, the available space in the rambox bed is what is between the wheel wells. If you regularly load things that take up the space in front of, over, and behind the wheel wells you'll probably not want to select this option. I find that I don't miss that space, and instead prefer to utilize most of what is lost as covered, lockable storage. The other concerns are with bed covers. There are tonneau covers which work with the rambox bed, but the selection is less than for the regular bed. Also, if you want to use a topper (canopy) you're pretty much out of luck. I have yet to see one which allows you to open the ramboxes without removing or raising the topper.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Got my 3rd quote, second from local dealer and they have dropped $1200 from yesterdays quote. Now at $53,656 before rebates, first quote was $54,961. These were before I made some build changes, so lets see how that goes. The changes in the build are below and lowered the cost by $600. Got rid of the pearl and just went with white. Hoping to get to $52k before rebates. That would put me around 18% off MSRP with the current rebates and if the rebates increase that's even better.

Night Edition
Off Road Group
Rear Wheel Liners
33 Gallon Fuel Tank

Price with Options
$60,940

Last edited:
Reactions: cj7

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my 3rd quote, second from local dealer and they have dropped $1200 from yesterdays quote. Now at $53,656 before rebates, first quote was $54,961. These were before I made some build changes, so lets see how that goes. The changes in the build are below and lowered the cost by $600. Got rid of the pearl and just went with white. Hoping to get to $52k before rebates. That would put me around 18% off MSRP with the current rebates and if the rebates increase that's even better.

Night Edition
Off Road Group
Rear Wheel Liners
33 Gallon Fuel Tank

Price with Options
$60,940
... add the MFT !!! I use it 90% of the time I use the tailgate.
You will not regret it, I promise. Well worth the $, easily. And u can’t add it later...
...ok, I’ll shut up now.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
... add the MFT !!! I use it 90% of the time I use the tailgate.
You will not regret it, I promise. Well worth the $, easily. And u can’t add it later...
...ok, I’ll shut up now.
I gotcha, but I'm trying to eliminate things I don't really need to keep the price down lol. Plus I'm not a fan of the look.

I'm now thinking about dumping the ORG and just installing some Bilstein 5100s later to lift the nose of the truck up a little. I think I can add Bilsteins all around for less than the ORG add on. Any thoughts on that everyone?

What's confusing to me is I add the Night Edition to my build and that cost $3495 and comes with 22" wheels and tires, but when I also add the ORG for $840 it drops those wheels down to 20". You would think you'd get some kind of credit for the 22" wheels not being used.

Last edited:

NCShooter

Reaction score
Don’t forget the ORG includes the rear locker, skid plates, tow hooks,and more. I wouldn’t give it up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I gotcha, but I'm trying to eliminate things I don't really need to keep the price down lol. Plus I'm not a fan of the look.
I think you'd change your opinion of the MFT if you were to use it. Besides that, I get that you're trying to keep costs down, and I'm not trying to talk you into spending more on your truck. But I've been in this game for a long time, and saving a little bit of money by settling for something like a brand new vehicle that you didn't get everything you really wanted leaves me longing after the newness wears off. Especially if I could have actually afforded it but wanted to save money. I'm not a fan of how my warped rambox lids look either, but I will buy them again because of how much I use them.

Don’t forget the ORG includes the rear locker, skid plates, tow hooks,and more. I wouldn’t give it up.
Agreed...you also get much better tires with the ORG than you get without it. It's not just about shocks.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add wheel well liners for sure. Consider the anti spin diff, bed utility group, and multi function tailgate. IMO the Laramie level 2 package is not worth the price increase compared to what you get with the Level 1 package.

Reactions: cj7

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Add wheel well liners for sure. Consider the anti spin diff, bed utility group, and multi function tailgate. IMO the Laramie level 2 package is not worth the price increase compared to what you get with the Level 1 package.
I guess you might be right about the level 2 package. I just looked at it and noticed there's only 4 things extra and that's the HK sound system, 8.4" Nav, Heated 2nd row seats and rear under seat storage. Maybe you're right and that's not worth an extra $2k. I could probably install my own sound system for $1k and have live map updates as they happen instead of paying $200 to update maps using the Ram Nav. Definitely something to think about.

I really wish I could get the 18" wheels (Like the Rebel) with the Night Edition package. I hate that they add 22" wheels with that package which is probably what makes that add on so expensive. Then if you add ORG it drops to 20" wheels. Why would you want 20" wheels if you went off roading? I want more rubber when I'm offroad. Wish you could just pick these option a la carte like someone else mentioned.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie CC with the 6-4 Bed. It is a LOOONG truck. It will stick
out in most parking lots. I added a LEER 122 Camper top to it. This is a High
Rise model (8" higher than the Cab) At normal ride height, it is 90" tall. So
I will not be using any covered parking less than 8'. I also can't get it into
the local Makerspace to use the Auto Lift because the door is too low.

Malodave

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Just checked and they don't allow the night edition with the level 1, it automatically makes you need the level 2.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Anyone regret getting the 5'7" bed and wish they went with the 6'4" or vice versa?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone regret getting the 5'7" bed and wish they went with the 6'4" or vice versa?
It really depends on what you might haul. I'm happy with the shorter bed. If I need to haul longer stuff I drop the tailgate and use the rambox bed extender. I haven't had an issue with the shorter bed length in the 10 or so years I've been driving trucks with them..

Just checked and they don't allow the night edition with the level 1, it automatically makes you need the level 2.
What is it about the Night Edition that makes you want it so bad? You can get the Sports Appearance package and Level 1. That would save you about $2k off getting the Night Edition and Level 2 packages.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
It really depends on what you might haul. I'm happy with the shorter bed. If I need to haul longer stuff I drop the tailgate and use the rambox bed extender. I haven't had an issue with the shorter bed length in the 10 or so years I've been driving trucks with them..

What is it about the Night Edition that makes you want it so bad? You can get the Sports Appearance package and Level 1. That would save you about $2k off getting the Night Edition and Level 2 packages.
I love the look of the black on white the Night Edition gives. I was initially looking at the Sports Appearance package and noticed I was seeing them everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread