5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Laramie Build Opinions

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love the look of the black on white the Night Edition gives. I was initially looking at the Sports Appearance package and noticed I was seeing them everywhere.
I agree about the black on white look. I loved the look of my white 2017 Rebel. I had painted the front skid plate with bed liner. The only things that weren't black or white were sections of the wheels and the Rebel badge outline. My issue with the Night Edition is the entire grille is black. I like the look of the grill with the Sport Appearance package better. But it sounds like you're leaning towards the Rebel now, so this discussion is kind of moot LOL.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I agree about the black on white look. I loved the look of my white 2017 Rebel. I had painted the front skid plate with bed liner. The only things that weren't black or white were sections of the wheels and the Rebel badge outline. My issue with the Night Edition is the entire grille is black. I like the look of the grill with the Sport Appearance package better. But it sounds like you're leaning towards the Rebel now, so this discussion is kind of moot LOL.
I will say, one thing I'm worried about when it comes to the black is oxidation. I remember everyone running out and getting the Chevy Avalanche when it came out and the exterior was half black plastic. Now that's oxidized and looks horrible. At least in Arizona anyway. Just pulled off the oxidized fender flares for my sons 2001 Tacoma last week and we both sanded and repainted those to get them back to looking like they should. Fortunately I'm able to park the truck in my garage and work has a parking garage so I should be okay, I hope.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will say, one thing I'm worried about when it comes to the black is oxidation. I remember everyone running out and getting the Chevy Avalanche when it came out and the exterior was half black plastic. Now that's oxidized and looks horrible. At least in Arizona anyway. Just pulled off the oxidized fender flares for my sons 2001 Tacoma last week and we both sanded and repainted those to get them back to looking like they should. Fortunately I'm able to park the truck in my garage and work has a parking garage so I should be okay, I hope.
I never saw any problems like that on the Rebel I used to own. I only had it for just under three years, but it looked great right up to the day I traded it in. I'm not sure how it would have held up to the AZ sun, but there are products to keep the black plastic looking good if it does start to oxidize eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread