5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Key FOB Help

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Hey all, two days ago my 2021 RAM Laramie key FOB just stopped working. The little red light still comes on when I press the buttons. The FOB is still detected to start the truck or unlock the doors by proximity when grabbing the handles. However, none of the buttons on the FOB function. I replaced the battery and nothing changed. Any suggestions? My dealership is booked out weeks for appointments.

*I should add that i haven’t changed anything or added any accessories to cause this. I cannot pinpoint any differences or changes around the time it stopped working.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have you recently added any LED bulbs anywhere on your truck? There are known issues with certain LED bulbs and the key fob function. Or have you recently installed a new garage door opener, or started using a new garage?

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Have you recently added any LED bulbs anywhere on your truck? There are known issues with certain LED bulbs and the key fob function. Or have you recently installed a new garage door opener, or started using a new garage?
Nope. Nothing new at all

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Sorry, my only suggestion then would be to have it looked at. Are there any other dealerships in your area that might be able to get you in sooner?
Unfortunately not this time of year.

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Got home and tried my spare key fob and it didn’t do anything either so it must be something in the truck that is not functioning properly

GSRAM

Reaction score
I’ve had key fob not detected issues. I recently added LED to my third break light above the cab/bed. Could this be the problem?
what would be a solution?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve had key fob not detected issues. I recently added LED to my third break light above the cab/bed. Could this be the problem?
what would be a solution?
Yes, that's exactly the reason I asked the OP if he recently added any LED bulbs to his truck. Some people have also had problems when they upgraded their garage door opener lights to LED bulbs. Which is why I also asked the OP about whether he did that.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Any luck on this OP? One of our customers is having the exact same problem right now. Curious to know if you found the problem and solution.

Users who are viewing this thread