5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ford F-150 vs. Ram 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Back at It Again...We find out, once and for all, who makes the best pickup truck. For now.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Yes, that 6.2L Supercharged motor is thrown in there for ****s and giggles. This is an all inclusive list. These are what RAM publishes their payload ratings, though I would agree those options would reduce the overall payload, but not by 600-700 lbs

Also, right from RAMs website. If they are off by over 600 pounds they have a serious false advertising problem.
The options can easily take off 600lbs. Here's my payload by VIN: 1626821423144.png

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I sold my 2020 Silverado RST 6.2 to Carvana back in the Spring when they offered me much more than I paid for it. Tried a car for a little while but I've got the fever for a truck again. I test drove a Laramie yesterday and I gotta say - it's super impressive inside. The build quality is light-years ahead of any other truck on the market. It just felt so solid and it's the quietest vehicle I've never been in, period. I agree with the article - the GM powertrain is definitely the best. The 6.2 with the 10 speed is so nice to drive. But, there's no excuse for its interior. I don't think it's nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be, but it's not as good as it could be either. The new interiors are supposed to be out in the fall but Covid has delayed them into eternity. So, here I am looking at Rams which I never thought I'd do. But I'm glad I am. I'll probably order one this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread