5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Dodge RAM Laramie 1500

BCIII

Reaction score
I purchased a brand new 2021 Dodge Ram Laramie after a couple of months I started having issues. My truck has been in service for a week and 2 days. below message is what I received from my service advisor,

**The vehicle would not start, no lights would come on.
Was
able to jump the vehicle and move it. The vehicle had
multiple loss of communication DC's with the
Transmission
Control Module, Trailer Brake module, and the
Electronic
Shift Module. Tested the battery with the GR8 and the
battery tested good. Checked all fuses in the PDC and
the
interior PDC. Found a common connector for all three
modules
(XY322). Located on the passenger front foot well
underneath
the dash. Moved the connector around and the DTCs
returned.
Disconnected and found pin 21 to the CAN network was
bent.
Contacted star to locate a terminal repair kit. The repair
kit is still in production and there is no ETA on parts arrival.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

-B.C

Last edited:

photog0611

Reaction score
Might start by checking your battery. There are many threads on this forum abt the poor quality OEM batteries, and the trucks control module is highly sensitive to voltage. If you aren't getting 13-14 volts while running, or a static reading under 12 v, that's enough to cause some of the symptoms you listed. My OEM battery in my 2021Limited lasted all of 3 weeks, and I had similar symptoms to yours. A new battery fixed things.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
contact RamCares on this forum and open a Star case with them. Seems the dealer could figure out a way to put a jumper in to make that CAN connection temporarily.

BCIII

Reaction score
Might start by checking your battery. There are many threads on this forum abt the poor quality OEM batteries, and the trucks control module is highly sensitive to voltage. If you aren't getting 13-14 volts while running, or a static reading under 12 v, that's enough to cause some of the symptoms you listed. My OEM battery in my 2021Limited lasted all of 3 weeks, and I had similar symptoms to yours. A new battery fixed things.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thank you I’ll look into that

BCIII

Reaction score
contact RamCares on this forum and open a Star case with them. Seems the dealer could figure out a way to put a jumper in to make that CAN connection temporarily.
Thank you for the response. Will do

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Greetings @BCIII,

We're sorry to hear about this list of ongoing concerns and would like to offer our support in tandem with your dealership. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage as well as the name of your servicing dealer. We also encourage you to share with us any additional details regarding this matter for us to review. We hope to hear from you soon!

Also, we appreciate the mention @Andymax!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online