5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 Brake Moan when reversing

Timski346

Reaction score
I have the brake moan in the morning/cold/damp condition while backing out in reverse on my truck.

Does anybody know if the Brake Moan kit - Mopar (68446866AA) works on 2021's? Most sights and Mopar says its only for 2019's Just want to confirm before I buy one to install on my truck.

Thanks!

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the brake moan in the morning/cold/damp condition while backing out in reverse on my truck.

Does anybody know if the Brake Moan kit - Mopar (68446866AA) works on 2021's? Most sights and Mopar says its only for 2019's Just want to confirm before I buy one to install on my truck.

Thanks!

Yep it lasts 5 seconds as the cold pad warms up a bit. Not worth fixing imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timski346

Reaction score
Yep it lasts 5 seconds as the cold pad warms up a bit. Not worth fixing imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get that, but sometimes it can be a little loud pulling out my driveway at 6am! happens at my work parking lot when leaving too, kind of embarrassing on a new truck.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could always back in when parking, while everything is warmed up. :p

Works for me! I've never had this problem but have seen others describe it for years, can confirm backing in your driveway to just pull out, no problems!

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

110 posts, all right here. SEARCH is your friend on a forum!

BowDown

Reaction score
I only get it after I've washed the truck and then the truck sits for a day or 2 and the rotors develop surface rust. Gone in 10' of driving, not worth my time to even think about

2019REBEL

Reaction score
The kit will fit and it will work but it will come back. Had it done on my Rebel and roughly 2 years later its back, just not as loud as it was originally.

nbase

Reaction score
I just had my '21 in yesterday, told them about the rear brakes moaning, stupid loud. Seems like the TSB was originally for the '19, but later included '20. They told me the '21s were just added to that TSB within the last week or two, so they have the kit on order for me. Figured it was worth a try....I was almost going to order the kit and do it myself, glad I asked them about it with 4,000 miles left on my bumper to bumper warranty.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
That kit is worth its weight in gold! I put it on my 21 at 10K miles and now have 65K miles.
Quiet as a church mouse in the mornings.
Super simple install if you DIY.
Tom

nbase

Reaction score
That kit is worth its weight in gold! I put it on my 21 at 10K miles and now have 65K miles.
Quiet as a church mouse in the mornings.
Super simple install if you DIY.
Tom
I was ready for the dealer to tell me it didn’t cover the ‘21, I was shocked when they said the parts are on order, covered under warranty.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was ready for the dealer to tell me it didn’t cover the ‘21, I was shocked when they said the parts are on order, covered under warranty.
Do you have the updated TSB number that includes the 2021s?

nbase

Reaction score
Do you have the updated TSB number that includes the 2021s?
I do not have that info, when they were putting one of the clamps on the axle they broke it, they were supposed to get with Mopar to send another clamp, I haven't heard back on that yet, I haven't called to ask them neither. So I didn't get a copy of the receipt of the work they did, because the work wasn't completed yet. I need to give them a call, when I get the receipt I'll post back on this thread.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I would kinda be worried if the dealer broke a clamp :)
Tom

nbase

Reaction score
I would kinda be worried if the dealer broke a clamp :)
Tom
Yea, in their defense, it is a really cheap looking clamp. I wish I was more confident in any of the dealers in my area, just don't really like dealing with any of them. This place hooked up with with this TSB, and with the USB module with absolutely no hassle, but they did lose my wheel lock key, took them almost an hour to find it....and this broken clamp...haha

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I get that, but sometimes it can be a little loud pulling out my driveway at 6am! happens at my work parking lot when leaving too, kind of embarrassing on a new truck.
Agree. My truck shouldn't moan so loud that it wakes the neighbors when I back out of the driveway. I've driven 20 year old beaters that didn't make the noises this truck makes.

Dewey

Reaction score
I’ve only heard this twice in the last 8 months. Both times I was backing out of my garage when it was damp from rain or snowmelt. Seems like it has to be the perfect blend of moisture and right temperature to cause the moan in reverse while braking. Never hear it again after driving forward a bit and heating up the rotors eliminating moisture. Very minor. Not enough for me to worry about.

mcat79

Reaction score
I get this constantly when the temp is 25 or colder. I brought it to the dealer and of course it didn’t happen for them. I mentioned the tsb and they claimed they inspected and everything looked fine. Frustrating for a new truck to make this noise.

jljbtm

Reaction score
to those who installed the kit "what does it consist of"

Users who are viewing this thread