5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel Top Annoyances

Cysix

Reaction score
2020 Rebel with 15,000 on/off road miles... here's my list of top annoyances/nits/suggestions for FCA
  • 12" display icons/controls too small and fiddly to use while moving (e.g. window close X)
  • Location of wireless charger blocks mobile signal and makes phone difficult to view (move it somewhere useful)
  • Rambox limits options for racks... make it shorter with standard corner rack mount option
  • Driver-side non-controllable vent constantly blowing cold air on the driver
  • Improve effectiveness of environment control
  • Front/surround camera and vented seats unavailable vs. other models (Rebel specific)
  • Location of oil filter and plug requires work to avoid a mess
  • Utterly useless backup light... honestly it's so bad I'm surprised it's legal
  • Bed cover latches loose yellow tips almost immediately (the fall of and get lost)
  • Lack of a telescoping steering wheel (peddles adjustable, but steering wheel isn't...what gives)
  • Headlight switch/control cluster isn't lit if off (I mean who would want to be able to locate your headlight controls in the dark down by your knees)
  • Ability to turn auto start on/off (persisted through restart) without resorting to after market
  • Smoother non-driver initiated auto restart vs. current annoying break checked lurch
  • Unable to get a real front locker without having to step up to the Power Wagon
  • XM/sat/antenna located other than top of roof to give better overhead clearance
The list of things I love would be 10x this long and I'm very happy with the truck so far. Just thought I'd throw these out there.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 Rebel with 15,000 on/off road miles... here's my list of top annoyances/nits/suggestions for FCA
  • 12" display icons/controls too small and fiddly to use while moving (e.g. window close X)
  • Location of wireless charger blocks mobile signal and makes phone difficult to view (move it somewhere useful)
  • Rambox limits options for racks... make it shorter with standard corner rack mount option
  • Driver-side non-controllable vent constantly blowing cold air on the driver
  • Improve effectiveness of environment control
  • Front/surround camera and vented seats unavailable vs. other models (Rebel specific)
  • Location of oil filter and plug requires work to avoid a mess
  • Utterly useless backup light... honestly it's so bad I'm surprised it's legal
  • Bed cover latches loose yellow tips almost immediately (the fall of and get lost)
  • Lack of a telescoping steering wheel (peddles adjustable, but steering wheel isn't...what gives)
  • Headlight switch/control cluster isn't lit if off (I mean who would want to be able to locate your headlight controls in the dark down by your knees)
  • Ability to turn auto start on/off (persisted through restart) without resorting to after market
  • Smoother non-driver initiated auto restart vs. current annoying break checked lurch
  • Unable to get a real front locker without having to step up to the Power Wagon
  • XM/sat/antenna located other than top of roof to give better overhead clearance
The list of things I love would be 10x this long and I'm very happy with the truck so far. Just thought I'd throw these out there.
I hope FCA reads your list as well as some of the 6th gen ideas... consumer feedback is important!

My only Rebel annoyance is that I’m annoyed I dont have one!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
most of these are valid improvements for all trim models, not necessarily Rebel specific. This one is and I believe was addressed in the 2021 model

Front/surround camera and vented seats unavailable vs. other models (Rebel specific)

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decent list, but the telescoping steering wheel is not standard in all Rams? I have it and it works great.

Reverse

Reaction score
Rebel has a telescoping steering wheel, like all DT trim levels
Auto start works fine for me, when restarted through driver action or not
Backup light is weak, but fortunately camera makes a dark night look like day so no problems backing up
Controlling 12" when driving: I rest my fingers on top of dash or side of screen to steady my hand and touch controls on screen with my thumb
Rambox limiting rack choices is a result of your decision to buy a Ram with ramboxes, not a fault of the truck

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
most of these are valid improvements for all trim models, not necessarily Rebel specific. This one is and I believe was addressed in the 2021 model

Front/surround camera and vented seats unavailable vs. other models (Rebel specific)
2021 Rebel does offer surround view cameras, but still no ventilated seats.

Rexx

Reaction score
Some of these are fair criticisms, some aren’t.

I think the wireless charging is fine where it is, you’re not suppose to be using your phone while driving.

I have never had an issue hitting the “x” to close a screen while driving, but some customization to make things bigger or smaller to suite preferences wouldn’t hurt.

The Ramboxes being shorter would just look kinda dumb I think. Having the rambox go along the side of the truck but then stop short a few inches just wouldn’t look right. If you know you want a rack, don’t buy a truck with Ramboxes.

I’d be very surprised if your truck doesn’t have the telescoping steering wheel.

Everything else I mostly agree with. Especially the lack of vented seats in the Rebel. (Very good chance I’d own a Rebel instead of a limited if I could get vented seats in a Rebel)

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The oil filter is across all DT`s.
My Rebel has a perfectly functional telescoping wheel.
A front locker or a thorsen would be nice...

Users who are viewing this thread