5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram, headlights have condensation already building up inside them!?

Tuci77

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2020 Ram 1500 (5 days old) that has the "Night-edition" package. The headlights on it are already building up condensation inside them. Anybody else have this problem yet !? Now, it's been EXTREMELY cold where I live, hoping that it goes away when it's a bit warmer out. It's not terribly bad, just noticable.

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer. That should be a warranty item. The headlights should be sealed, with no condensation at all. If you're getting condensation, you'll eventually start getting calcium/fogging, which will hinder your projected light beam.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2020 Ram 1500 (5 days old) that has the "Night-edition" package. The headlights on it are already building up condensation inside them. Anybody else have this problem yet !? Now, it's been EXTREMELY cold where I live, hoping that it goes away when it's a bit warmer out. It's not terribly bad, just noticable.

Hi Tuci77,

I do apologize for the concern that you are experiencing with your new truck! I kindly recommend bringing this to the attention of your selling dealer as they are in the best position to provide assistance. Our team is just a private message away if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

ac1dd

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer. That should be a warranty item. The headlights should be sealed, with no condensation at all. If you're getting condensation, you'll eventually start getting calcium/fogging, which will hinder your projected light beam.

I thought these lights have venting on them (in the rear of the units) and unless there is visible water lying at the bottom on the fixture the condensation droplets aren't an issue and will disappear when the lights are on for a time or when the weather drys up.

janno_napster

Reaction score
Need help here as well guys...having the same issue on my sport...led headlights having condensation already just picked it up 2 days ago

ramhead

Reaction score
Don't know what the confusion here is all about - Something like this is definitely covered under the 3/36 warranty...call your dealer/service dept and set up a time to go in and have it dealt with. Take several photos/videos of the issue showing the condensation because, as we all know, by the time you're able to go there or get an appt. the problem won't be showing (as it seems always happens).

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Need help here as well guys...having the same issue on my sport...led headlights having condensation already just picked it up 2 days ago

Hello janno_napster,
We understand why this may be frustrating. If you decide to continue working with your dealer, please send our team a private message and we would be happy to escalate a case regarding your concern.
Laura
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread