5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 limited dies.

cbhembach

Reaction score
I own a 2020 Dodge limited 1500 with 5.7L ad I had my truck die on me twice in traffic. I had no dash lights, no center console lights. Truck would not start back up. BUT i had some power because I had interior lights, auto door locks worked , electric tailgate worked BUT no engine,dash, center console. I had it towed to 2 different dealers up here in anchorage. The 1st one said it was battery and nothing was wrong. So I took it and drove it around town for 1.5 weeks. Then headed down to my boat and the truck died again. Same thing same problem. Had it towed to lithia in anchorage June 15 and they still have it. Called FCA and they escalated my case. They opened a "STAR". Still nothing. No fix, no truck nothing but excuses from the dealer. This has gone on for 4 months. Im pissed beyond belief. I've requested to see if they can buy the truck back and compensate me for the payments i've made. I loved the truck. Has anyone else had this issue with truck and a dealer like this?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always had much better service at Anchorage Chrysler than I ever did at Lithia of Anchorage. Lithia sucks in Anchorage - period. I’d chat with the Anchorage Chrysler Service Manager about it and ask if you could have it towed to Anchorage Chrysler.

I grew up 45+ years up there…I’d have it towed to Gene’s Chrysler in Fairbanks or Kendall Chrysler in Soldotna before I’d drop anything at Lithia. And yes, I know that would be a heck of a tow bill but it illustrates how bad I feel the service is at Lithia of Anchorage.

Last edited:

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always had much better service at Anchorage Chrysler than I ever did at Lithia of Anchorage. Lithia sucks in Anchorage - period. I’d chat with the Anchorage Chrysler Service Manager about it and ask if you could have it towed to Anchorage Chrysler.

I grew up 45+ years up there…I’d have it towed to Gene’s Chrysler in Fairbanks or Kendall Chrysler in Soldotna before I’d drop anything at Lithia. And yes, I know that would be a heck of a tow bill but it illustrates how bad I feel the service is at Lithia of Anchorage.
I bought two trucks at Lithia and agree their service department sucks. Anchorage Chrysler has been better, but not great. But there aren't a whole lot of options...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @cbhembach,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle's ongoing concerns and would like to step in to see what we can do. Please send us a private message with your case number as well as any additional details relevant to the above concerns. Let's work together here!

Also, appreciate you mentioning us again @mikeru82!

Hannah
Ram Cares

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought two trucks at Lithia and agree their service department sucks. Anchorage Chrysler has been better, but not great. But there aren't a whole lot of options...
Agree 100%. Gene’s has always been #1 for service amongst all the FCA dealer in Alaska but it’s a haul from Anchorage for an oil change or any other work.

It’s bad when you have only five dealers in the entire state - one dealer in Soldotna, two in Anchorage, one in Wasilla and one in Fairbanks…and two of the five are Lithia dealers. I wish the OP the best and hope RamCare steps up for him as the options are extremely limited for exceptional service.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the COVID lock down I managed to watch half of the videos on You Tube and one channel I found was Scotty Kilmer.

One of his videos was about electrical gremlins and he said the first thing to check and replace was the battery.

Scotty said the cars now days are so voltage sensitive with all their computers.

Mean while just the other day High Milage Ram uploaded his battery issue.

You don’t mention if you actually replaced the battery so that might solve your problems.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4 months is extreme and they should be buying the truck back at this point....

photog0611

Reaction score
Ditto on what AV8or said. I had a 2021 Limited that wouldn't start due to a bad battery. Symptoms similar to yours, power in cabin but wouldn't crank the starter. They are so sensitive to voltage that even a battery cell starting to fail will take the truck down. The 1st dealer I took it to was unable to diagnose the bad battery so it took multiple dealers and 2 weeks to get a warranty battery replacement. No problems since then. If your dealer hasn't looked at the battery... they should provide you with a printout of the battery test which takes 4-8 hr to complete.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread